style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5770 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have 2 old bills of council tax that I was paying at 20 pound a week each. My job changed from weekly payments to monthly (changed employer) so I missed a few payments. As they have previously had a liability order (I think) for this outstanding amounts they have now sent notification to my employer to take it out of my wages. This I do not too much mind and understand, however as I earn above the threshold it will go to 50 per cent on each being 100% of all my overtime.

This really does put me into severe hardship as 4 children and only me working, also 6 months behind with the mortgage and if my overtime is to be taken at 100% then mortgage will not be paid and I will lose my house, going to strugggle with essentials like food etc.

As stated above I understand this is how it has to be and I want it paid, phoned them up and asked if they could take one bill at a time to run behind each other then at least I get half of overtime worked. This will ensure it gets paid within a 6 months period and leaves enough to make an arrangement with mortgage and pay this years council tax. They refused this arrangement. Is there any letter I can send or contact somone higher up who will understand and help. My only other option is to resign from my new job and go back to work for an employment agency, not a route I want to take.

thanks in advance,

my understanding of an earnings attachment (I used to work for a Sheriff Officers) is that you can only have 1 active at any one time. They can apply to have a conjoined attachment, but still can only take a percentage of your income.

Might be worth asking your local authority for a copy of the attachment order and see what banding your wages fall into.

These are the laid down amounts and are not negotiable.

Over £1,420 but less than £2,020 17%

Over £2,020 17% of the first £2,020 and 50% of the remainder

Are your monthly earning this amount?

Thanks, yes I earn monthly. My income is about I bring home about 1200 a month but with overtime can rise to 1500. this does vary. I was of the understanding that it would be 50 per cent off each over a certain amount so any overtime would be fully taken.

The orders will be prioritised by which one was received first - if they where both received together then the employer will take one to be the first AOE and will calculate the deduction to be taken for this AOE. They will then take your net income less the amount taken for the first attachment and then calculate the second attachment based on that residual income.