Council's responsibility to carry out repairs.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5798 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello people, I'm new to this - so bear with me. I'm a Council tenant and I've been trying for ages to get Sandwell Council to carry out several repairs, but despite numerous inspections and promise after promise they've still not carried any out.

They now seem to be ignoring me altogether!

What do I do next?

I'll be grateful for any advice.

HI tony

WELCOME to C.A.G you have come to the right place there are lots of people on this site who will point you in the right direction,someone more knowledgeable then i will come along soon.

Have you tried this link sandwellcouncil.com i think there is a number for the complaints department.

Good luck paul

NEVER TALK TO A ---D.C.A ON THE TELEPHONE

GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING

WELCOME TO C.A.G

forum-rules-please-read

how-do-i-dummies

faqs-please-read-these

------------------------------------

Any Advice given by me is based on solely on my experiance or opnion. I have no Legal background.

If i have helped in any way please feel free to click my scales

Thank You blue4ever:grin:

Find your councillor and write to him/her with your problem. They should be able to get answers for you or they are not doing the job they are paid for.

You could also drop a line to the council leader, hinting that the local paper will be informed of the inaction and that if they do nothing then you will get it fixed by a contractor and pay the contractor from the rent.

What type of repairs are needed in the property? How long have these been going on for? Might be worth contacting the local authorities environmental health and asking them to do an inspection as the property may not be fit for habitation. They should then feed back to your area housing officer with the required repairs and give timescales. Just a thought.