• Tweets

• I have had a secondary thought.  I borrowed £s from a completely separate entity 6y ago. It was personal and unsecured. I was going to repay upon sale of the property. But then repo and I couldn't.  Eventually they applied and got a charging order on the property.  Their lawyers wrote that if I didn't repay they may apply for an order for sale.  I'm not in control of the sale.  The lender won't agree to an order for sale.  The judge won't expedite it/ extract from trial.  Someone here on cag may or may not suggest I can apply for an order v the receiver?  But could I alternatively ask this separate entity with a c.o to carry out their threat and actually make an application to court for an order for sale v the receiver instead?
    • You left the PCN number showing, but no worries, I've redacted it. Euro Car parks are very well known to us.  I've just skimmed through the titles of the latest 100 cases we have with them (I gave up after 100) and, despite all their bluster and threats, in not one have they taken the Cagger to court. You stayed there for 2 hours &:45 minutes.  I'm guessing the limit is 2 hours and 30 minutes, right?  
    • If the claimant fails to draft directions the court can order a Case Management Hearing to set them but normally in Fast Track claims the claimant sets the directions...Unlike small claims track which are always set the court.
    • Not Evris offer, the court offers mediation service.   All claims proceed to hearing if mediation fails /not happen.   Why do you not wish to attend in person to stand your claim ?     Absolutely you must comply with the courts directions or your claim risks being struck out. Preparation for a hearing should happen irrespective of mediation.   https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/460613-suing-a-parcel-delivery-company-when-you-dont-have-a-direct-contract-with-them-–-third-party-rights-copy-of-judgment-available/#comment-5255007   Andy  
    • LPA.  (I'm fighting insolvency due to all the stuff that he and lender have done).  He appointed estate agents - (changed several times). Disclosure shows he was originally appointed for a specific reason (3m after repo) : using his powers as acting for leaseholder to serve notice on freeholders (to grab fh).  There was interest from 3 potential buyers. He chose one whose offer depended on a positive result of the notice.  Disc also shows he'd taken counsel advice - which was 'he'd fail'.  He'd simultaneously asked to resign as his job (of serving notice) was done and he'd found a buyer.  Lender asked him to stay on to assign notice to the buyer.  Notice failed, buyer didn't buy.  So receiver stayed.  There was 1 buyer who wanted to proceed w/o fh but receiver/ lender wasted 1y trying to get rid of them!  Disc shows why. But I didn't know why at the time. In later months Lender voiced getting rid of receiver. Various reasons - including cost.  But there's a contradiction/ irony: as I've seen an email (of 4y ago) which shows the receiver telling lender not to incur significant costs and to minimize receiver costs.    Yet lender then asked him to serve another notice - again counsel advice indicated 'he'd fail'.  And he did fail.  But wasted 3y trying and incurred huge legal costs - lender trying to pass on to me. Lender interfered - said wanted to do works.  Receiver should have said no.  But disc. shows he agreed to step aside to let them do the works - on proviso lender would discuss potential costs first (they didn't), works wouldn't take long (took 15m), and lender would hold interest (they didn't) (this last point is crucial for me now - as I need to know if I can argue that all interest beyond this point shouldnt be allowed?)   I need to check receiver witness statement in litigation with freeholders to see exactly what he said about 'his position'. But I remember it being along the lines of - 'if the works increased the value of the property he didn't have a problem'.  Lender/ receiver real problems started at this point. The cost of works and 4y passage of time has meant there is no real increase in value. Lender (or receiver) didn't get any permissions (statutory or fh) (and didn't tell me) and just bulldozed the property to an empty shell.  The freeholders served notice on me as leaseholder for breach of covenants (strict no alterations).  The Lender stepped in (acting for me) to issue notice for relief of forfeiture - not the receiver.  That wasted 2y of litigation (3y if inc the works) and incurred huge costs (both sides).  Lender's aim was to do the works that every potential buyer balked at due to the lease restrictions.  Lender and receiver knew couldn't do works w/o fh permission. Lender did them anyway; receiver allowed.  Receiver remained appointed.  I'm arguing lender interfered in receiver duties.  Receiver should have just sold property 4-5y ago w/o allowing any works.  Almost 3y since works finished the property remains unsold (>5y from repo). The property looks brand new - but it was great before.  The lender spent a ton of money - hoping that would facilitate a quick sale.  But the money they spent and the years they have wasted has meant they had to increase sale price.  It's now completely overpriced.  And - of course - the same issues that put buyers off (before works) still exist.   The receiver has tried for 2y to assert the works increased value. But he is relying on agents estimates - which have proved highly speculative. (Usual trick of an agent to give a high value to get the business - and then tell seller to reduce when no-one buys.). And of course lender continues to accrue interest (despite 4y ago receiver saying pause interest). Lender tried to persuade receiver to use specific agent. Disc shows this agent was best friends with the lender's main investor in the property.  Before works this agent had valued it low.  After works this agent suggested a value 70% higher!  The lender persuaded receiver to sack one agent and instead use this agent.  No offers. (Price way too high).   Research has uncovered that this main investor has since died.  I guess his investment is part of probate? And his family want it back?    Disc shows the sacked agent had actually received a high offer 1y ago.  Receiver rejected it.  (thus I don't know if the buyer would have ever proceeded). He was relying on the high speculative valuation the agents had given him to pitch for the business. The agents were in a catch-22.  The receiver sacked them. Disc shows there has been 0 interest ever since (inc via new agent requested by lender). I don't think lender or receiver want all this to come out in public domain via a trial.  It will ruin their reputations. If I can't get an order for sale with lender - can I apply separately against receiver?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

RBS playing games over D.A.R

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5656 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent off my D.A.R on the 5th March 2008 i recieved a reply on the 20th March 2008 saying i needed to send in a letter with my signature on before they can process my request which i did. hadn't had a reply for over 2-3 weeks so i rang my local branch and they past me onto head office and then they past me onto my branch where i opened the account for them to get in contact with the Data Protection Team as the phone number can't be given out. eventually i recieved a call back from my branch saying that they had spoke to the D.P.T and was told that they never recieved my D.A.R so i explained that they had as i still had the letter requesting my signature plus the reciept for the Postal Order and the recorded delivery reciept. so my branch told me they would ring me back the next morning where the story had changed now they tell me that my signature is different to the one they have on file so i had to go in branch and re-do it. so for arguements sake i went and did it even though i hadn't changes my signature in any way, after they recieved it they would send me my information. i rang my bank yesturday as it had been two weeks and i still didn't have my information and was told that the signature didn't match again and that i need to send another letter in with my signature on it before they send me the info.

So my branch offered to order my 6 years statements in branch and then in the letter put for the rest of the information.

Is there anything else i can do everything i say they seem to have an answer for trying there best making up lame excuses to get out of it. it's really stressing me out and making me ill. i sent off my request nearly 3 months ago and still haven't recieved anything

Please help :Cry::mad:

Yep i do still bank with them i have since December 2002, although i haven't been able to use my account for about a year as they have put nearly £2000 in charges on my account for Direct Debits they say they cancelled. That is why i wanted the D.A.R to prove it with the letter they sent telling me that and for the charges to cover this time, so i can start using my account again. The account is still open and have been told i can still use it once the account balance is cleared.

:)

Order it through your branch.

If you have continued excuses, or they seem to not be forthcoming send a written complaint to the Information Commissioners Office:

Information Commissioner's Office - ICO

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

Yep i have ordered them through the branch i just have to send a letter to the D.P.T so i can get the rest of the information.

Also i just wanted to point out in your reply it says me making continued excuses but it is the bank who is doing that not sure if you put that by mistake but i just wanted to added that

Thanks for your help :)

"If you have continued excuses", sorry that was with reference to the bank giving you continued excuses - done tons of typing today.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

Ask the RBS to supply you with copies of the two signatures they say do not correspond with your signature........they might be holding data against you that isn't yours...make sure about that....I wouldn't trust RBS as far as I could throw their head office!!!

sparkie

"If you have continued excuses", sorry that was with reference to the bank giving you continued excuses - done tons of typing today.

i just wanted to make sure you didn't think i was the one giving excuses

No probs :-)

I've just spoke to my bank the woman who is dealing with this is on hols so i had to speak to someone else. She told me i needed to ring the Data Protection Team when i explained to her i'd been told that the D/P/T apparently don't give there number to customers she seemed very surprised and kept asking me to hang on a sec while she went off the phone.

She then advised me to write to them telling them that my signature has never change and to ask them to ring me so that things can be sorted out otherwise the situation isn't gonna change.

I know your mean't to do these things in writing but i wanted to clear it up quickly so i can start my claim as i've been told i can claim under bank error with isn't on hold.

When i first left my job in March 2007 i sent a letter to the bank asking if my overdraft could be written off as i wasn't getting enough money to pay it so they send me a letter about two weeks later saying that they would put my account into default and that i had to find a new bank and that all my DD had been cancelled which i did, then a few months later i get a letter saying i owed nearly £2000. That is why i need the D.A.R as i don't have the letter to prove it

Under the SAR you should be able to request any correspondence relating to yourself.

Think they are probably stalling by the sound of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm fed up with this now, there really taking the mick.:mad:

What would you suggest i do now, As Robinson Way are still contacting me about it saying there gonna take legal action. I've sent a account in dispute letter. But from previous dealing with them i don't think they'll take any notice of it.

I want it sorting out a.s.a.p all i need is the history as i've recieved my statements from in branch.

any help would be great :)

Have you writen requesting the SAR or phisically gone in? I understand that if it's by mail the only way they can prove the letter sent was actually by yourself is by matching the sig's but if you visited the branch with ID (driving license/passport) they cannot deny it is you.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I sent it in writing, on the 3rd March. That's the problem they say my signatures don't match i've done this 4 times now, with the third one i asked for the signatures they say don't match and they completely ignored it and sent another one asking for a letter with my signature.

I would go into the bank but my passport has my old name on which i never did officially. i just got a letter from my doctor who knew me as my old and new name as i was only 14 at the time and my mum didn't want me to change it so i couldn't do it officially,but they still let me open my account with it but i'll probably have problems if i took that in and i don't have a driving licence yet.

But i've sent a non compliance letter to them a couple of days ago with my signature on so i'll see what they say about that.

I've had this account for over 6 years and i've never changed my signature one it's pathetic :mad:

:)

The woman from RBS who is helping me sort this out, Rang me yesturday and said that the Data Protection Team have told her that they don't deal with D.A.R only sending out statements and that another part of the company do it, I can't remember who she said now but i've got to resend my D.A.R and they wanted me to pay £10 again but luckily i kept my reciept for the postal order from last time so i've got to send that aswell.

it's taken nearly 4 months for them to tell me that :mad:and thinking about i've realised why they are making excuses not to send me the info. it's because i sent my origional claim in about a month and a half before it went to court so they probably don't want to settle it till after the court case

• 5 weeks later...

Finally recieved my D.A.R but would you believe they haven't sent me all the info. All the letters i sent to them and all the letters they sent to me aren't enclosed, details of my claim for charges which they recieved at least a month before the OFT case started haven't been enclosed plus the default notice. Are they real.:mad:

Finally recieved my D.A.R but would you believe they haven't sent me all the info. All the letters i sent to them and all the letters they sent to me aren't enclosed, details of my claim for charges which they recieved at least a month before the OFT case started haven't been enclosed plus the default notice. Are they real.:mad:

They will use the excuse for not supplying those documents that they are not hel in a relevant filing system, so far the ICO will agree with them....but I'm challenging this via my MP.

sparkie

it just seems abit funny how it's took over 4 months of promises, messing me about and being past round department to department and then when they finally do send it to me the bits they miss out are the bits i need most and the bits i need to pass my claim through on the grounds that it was a bank error and that my claim should'nt even be on hold as i sent my claim in over a month before the court case started and then the default notice.

How is your MP helping you, I don't even know who mine is :roll:

• 1 month later...

I sent an account in dispute letter to RBS a couple of months ago but there still putting incorrect data on my credit file. Is there anything i can do? Thanks

Also they still haven't sent me all the information under the S.A.R so i've had to sens another non-compliance letter :mad:

I sent an account in dispute letter to RBS a couple of months ago but there still putting incorrect data on my credit file. Is there anything i can do? Thanks

Also they still haven't sent me all the information under the S.A.R so i've had to sens another non-compliance letter :mad:

YES ....send them this and tell them to stop ..and if they don't you'll report them to the Banking Code Standards Board and the Bankers association.

latest Banking Code published in March 2008, states:

13.6 We may give information to credit reference agencies

about the personal debts you owe us if:

• you have fallen behind with your payments;

the amount owed is not being disputed; and

• you have not made proposals we are satisfied with

for repaying your debt, following our formal demand.

This would appear to say that if the debt is disputed (for a genuine reason) the financial institution is in breach of the banking code by giving this information to Credit Reference Agencies

sparkie

I've just recieved a letter from RBS regarding the Non - compliance letter i sent for not fulfilling my S.A.R request and a couple of other things. Advice urgently needed.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t50/jensenjaredaholic/Documents105-1.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t50/jensenjaredaholic/Documents106-1.jpg

For the charges i'm claiming contractual interest aswell which more than doubles the amount i currently "owe".

What do you think i should do?

Thanks AL

Hi, I was just wondering if there was a similar thing to above for Phone Companies that are still processing data after the "account in dispute" letter has been sent. As i've just notice that on my Credit File aswell. Thanks AL

I've just recieved a letter from RBS regarding the Non - compliance letter i sent for not fulfilling my S.A.R request and a couple of other things. Advice urgently needed.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...ments105-1.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...ments106-1.jpg

For the charges i'm claiming contractual interest aswell which more than doubles the amount i currently "owe".

What do you think i should do?

Thanks AL

Can anyone help me please :)