Hsbc Dg Conning Letter WARNING PLEASE READ

themadcap
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3579 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I got a letter on friday 30/5 from dg saying as follows:

We act for HSBC in relation to your claim etc

In this respect we are pleased to note that settlement has been agreed direct with our client and settlement funds have now been paid to you

If you have not already notified the court we shall be pleased if you will write blah blah that matter has been settled

we shall be pleased in relation of conclusion to this matter if you will sign and return the enclosed copy for our records

I CONFIRM THAT AGREED SETTLEMEN ETC

SIGNED DATED

Wow how cheeky is that, I contacted HSBC on the chance that they may have settled to be told they have no idea about it, as usual cant contact dg - they dont answer phones but it looks like a con job to get me to sign away my court rights as i received my second stay after the oft hearing on 19th april after previously being stayed in august last year

Anyone else had one of these?

I thought i should bring it to peoples attention as they may end up signing away any possibilities of refunds

cheers

That's one to look out for.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

They really do need watching.......they'll catch somebody with that crafty approach......... :(

I like your response hasselhoof :-)and it will be interesting to see their reaction - please keep us updated....

Edited by johnnymitch

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Good idea , tmc, keep us posted............:)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I received one of these letters on Saturday but no money has been deposited in to my account.

I have sent a fax off to DG Solicitors, below, so will be interesting to see what the story is.

I dont believe this is a dodgy tactic to get you to sign away your rights (as that would go down about as well as a cold cup of sick in the court).

Once I hear back from these guys Ill let you know how I get on, Im hoping its not a "clerical" error, but if so will still use the letter when asking for the stay to be removed.

DG Solicitors

12 Calthorpe Road

Edgbaston

Birmingham

B15 1QZ

Re Claim H3BCsUxors

Attention Jason New Bold

Further to your letter dated 27 May 2008, I will be only too happy to sign the included letter and only too happy to advise the courts this matter is now at rest, however, as noted in your letter, the funds have not been applied to my bank account yet.

Can you please follow up with your client? Once the funds are returned I will send back confirmation to you that I am happy for this matter to be brought to a close (and advise the court accordingly).

Regards

Mailman

I dont believe this is a dodgy tactic to get you to sign away your rights (as that would go down about as well as a cold cup of sick in the court).

Your faith is touching mailman, - we're talking here about organisations that come up with things like 'Managed Loans'........:eek: . A mere 'dodgy tactic to get you to sign away your rights' would be meat & drink to them they wouldn't bat an eyelid - :rolleyes:

Be interested to see what they comeback with - I'd be willing to bet it's nothing so tame as a 'clerical error'.....more like 'we have a god-given right to to pay you nothing and get you to sign to say you've had it - now just put your John Hancock on here........:):)

I do like your letter though............. :grin:

btw - interesting to note your fax went to the intrepid Jason Newbold - bet he's the one behind this latest ploy........

Edited by johnnymitch

Nemo me impune lacessit

Thats a very 9/11 twoofer conspiracy line of thought there Johnny! :roll:

The thought had crossed my mind to sign the paper work and send it all back and then if they still hadnt refunded my charges Id have pretty good grounds to hammer them (as they made an offer and I graciously accepted!)...hence why I dont believe this is a stitchup.

Mailman

My advice would be - whatever you do mailman , if you haven't had the money - don't sign a thing!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:. Stick with your original plan as stated in your fax .........

Nemo me impune lacessit

Well done tmc,:) this (mal)practice needs the widest possible coverage - and by giving it a sticky on here Crusher is helping, but the media needs to know and warn people that this is going on. Whoever started this underhand ploy needs weeding out.............:mad:

Let's see them weasel out of this one....... keep us informed please......

:)

Edited by johnnymitch
afterthought........

Nemo me impune lacessit

Just another thought....... if the bank say they know nothing about it, where does that leave DG , their pet lawyers, who sent out the letters?

Nemo me impune lacessit

Good Evening everyone :):):)

Mailman if I had received one of those letter as well as going to the oft andthe fsa..... press and tv....

I would also make an official complaint to the law society..... and how about actually asking for the stay to be cancelled given who the letter is from:):)

I would send a copy to the bank and ask them to confirm this in writing:):):)

• Haha 1

rockin all over the world

Thats a very 9/11 twoofer conspiracy line of thought there Johnny! :roll:

The thought had crossed my mind to sign the paper work and send it all back and then if they still hadnt refunded my charges Id have pretty good grounds to hammer them (as they made an offer and I graciously accepted!)...hence why I dont believe this is a stitchup.

Mailman

the advice has always been the same, it ain't over till the fat lady sings.

don't sign anything until you have the cold hard cash in your hands!

Good Evening everyone :):):)

Mailman if I had received one of those letter as well as going to the oft andthe fsa..... press and tv....

I would also make an official complaint to the law society..... and how about actually asking for the stay to be cancelled given who the letter is from:):)

I would send a copy to the bank and ask them to confirm this in writing:):):)

Yes, getting the stay lifted because of the letter is my next course of action of DG Goons write back saying it was an error.

Ill hold off telling the press, the old man down the road and the man in the moon for the time being.

Having said that, only two others (with one other possible) have received the same letter...being three (possibly four) in total.

From the lack of general outcry from all and sundry, I dont believe this is a new general tactic. Nore do I believe this is a deliberate stitch up simply because DG Goons and H3BCsuXors would not gain anything from this approach...and would leave themselves utterly exposed to the courts and media (due to the letters being sent out).

Mailman

I spoke to d & g (god i am priviliged!!!) said they would look into it and call me back so not holding my breath and said i would be applying to have stay lifted on the grounds of their claims in the letter to which they replied i had no chance on those grounds!!!!

Spoke to my lawyer relative and been told have every chance on getting it lifted as letter is legal response and makes legal claims of settlement

will keep informed

ta-ta

I've had a reply from DG (I said basicaly the same as you have all outilned but in my own style :D)

Seems my letter was a clerical error, they got my first and second claims mixed up... the more I think about this the more stupid it is. My first claim was agreed in April 2007 all of the agreement letters were sent and the court were informed of the settlement at the time so there was no reason to write to me about either claim...

I dont think DG are stupid enough to think they could have got people to withdraw their stayed claims through this letter it is a blatent lie and any claim could have been reinstated.

pete

I've had a reply from DG (I said basicaly the same as you have all outilned but in my own style :D)

I can imagine your style pete, if the previous one(when you stopped smoking) was anything to go by LOL! :)

Seems my letter was a clerical error, they got my first and second claims mixed up... did you see that pig fly by the window........... :rolleyes::D

the more I think about this the more stupid it is. My first claim was agreed in April 2007 all of the agreement letters were sent and the court were informed of the settlement at the time so there was no reason to write to me about either claim...

I dont think DG are stupid enough to think they could have got people to withdraw their stayed claims through this letter it is a blatent lie and any claim could have been reinstated.

They are arrogant enough to think people are stupid enough to fall for it, pete - that's what makes me :mad::mad:

pete

johnny

Nemo me impune lacessit

One person, I could believe is an error, two is a bit dodgy, but four?

Are you going to leave it at that Pete or take this any further?

If I havent heard anything from DG by end of next week Ill lodge papers with the court asking for the stay to be lifted and an order to be made in my favour in line with the 'generous' offer to settle from HSBC :rolleyes:

Regards

Mailman

One person, I could believe is an error, two is a bit dodgy, but four?

Are you going to leave it at that Pete or take this any further?

If I havent heard anything from DG by end of next week Ill lodge papers with the court asking for the stay to be lifted and an order to be made in my favour in line with the 'generous' offer to settle from HSBC :rolleyes:

Regards

Mailman

I totally agree, 1 person, a mistake, 2 possibly a mistake, but 4, or more, no chance. Let me know how you get on with your stay, I'm thinking of going down this route too.

Hi all I've just received this letter as well. I contacted DG who have now apparently lost all details of all my claims, lovely way to treat a disabled lady! Actually quite tame compared with the rest of their behaviour. They were going to contact HSBC and ask them to investigate. Amazingly I've heard nothing back.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3579 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks