Hsbc Dg Conning Letter WARNING PLEASE READ

themadcap
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3579 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

And that makes FIVE! That we know about to date........ :mad::rolleyes:

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

wasnt able to post it before but here's what I said to them :)

Dear Sirs

Castlebest -v- HSBC Bank Plc

Claim No: 7xxxxxxxxxx

I am in receipt of your letter date 28th May 2008 referenced JN/SK stating my claim against HSBC bank has been settled. This is not the case.

I have received no contact from your client at all this year in fact the last correspondence I have received from anyone regarding this dispute was a letter dated 28th December 2007 from the HSBC collections department using a Metropolitan Collections letterhead demanding immediate payment of the outstanding balance of my account.

I am sure you are aware of the breaches to the terms of the banking code and the FSA’s guidelines on debt collection that this letter makes while my court case to resolve matters has been stayed pending the outcome of the Commercial Court proceedings between the OFT and the Defendant (and seven others) comprised in Claim No. 2007 Folio 1186 (the test case) and I am also sure you realise the dangers involved with such actions have in relation to your clients credit licence were they to be reported to the relevant controlling bodies.

I confirm the actual situation regarding County Court Claim number 7xxxxxxxxx is exactly as it was following the stay appeal hearing of the xx/xx/xx although the interest is continuing to accrue at the fixed rate of 8% per annum in accordance with section 69 of the county courts act no further progress towards settlement is possible.

I enclose a copy of the current schedule of charges that have been applied to my account in the period between xx/xx/xx and yy/yy/xx which now totals £ xxx.xx.

I also enclose a copy of the schedule of charges from the yy/yy/xx to the present day which includes all of the penalty charges that were deducted from my account up to the end of December 2007 when I believe your client closed my account although I have never had confirmation of this. These charges total £ xxx.xx although if it proves necessary to bring this claim against your client to court I believe the total claim figure will be in the region of an additional £xxx.xx

I am fully aware of the current position of all parties to the test case and I am positive that although the banks are appealing against HH Justice Smiths judgement of the 24th April 2008 this will only prove to be a delay to the eventual outcome and in fact by delaying the inevitable acceptance of the law is in fact paying claimants a dividend of 8% per annum on the value of their claims by virtue of the county courts act section 69 interest.

The total value of the outstanding penalty charge claim and the remaining charges imposed on my account at today’s date would be in the region of £xxxx.xx if the third of my claims against your client were to be taken to court, I also believe the overdrawn value of my account was £ xxx.xx which is entirely made up of penalty charges.

In an effort to resolve matters with your client and enable me to withdraw my current claim against them and not proceed with my third claim I confirm I would need confirmation that the balance of my current account has been set to zero, that any adverse comments made to the credit reference agencies against my name have been removed and I would need to be in receipt of a cheque in the sum of £xxxx.xx.

I further confirm if I do not hear from you within the next 14 days I will consider the above offer has been refused.

Thanks for posting that pete - it's well up to your usual no-nonsense standard...... :)

I'll be interested to see what kind of weasely reply you get to this one:rolleyes:

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

hi am confused with all this d&g are mcs collections because am paying a bank loan /od with them .i have sent a sar letter to hsbc on the 4 june recorded delivery with cheque for ten pounds what is the next step it getting to much with all this info am reading up

Hiya peppapig and welcome to the HSBC forum :) don't worry about this thread we are all at court stage and our claims have been stayed. DG solicitors seem to have either got their wires crossed or are trying to fool some of us and we are trying to work out what they are doing :rolleyes:.

Just for info DG solicitors and Metropolitan are effectively both HSBC with a different letter head to fool people lol.

your doing the right thing by posting and asking :) start your own thread and ask us what you want to know, heres the button.

newthread.gif

pete

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, I finally got a reply from DG

Dear Sir

Yourself -v- HSBC Bank plc

Claim Number: YYYYYYYYY

We refer to your letter of 30th May 2008.

We advise that due to an administrative error our letter of 28th May 2008 quoted the incorrect claim number. It should have refered to your claim number XXXXXX and not the above claim.

For the avoidance of doubt, your above claim has been stayed and the position remains the same as outlined in our letter of 22nd August 2007.

Yours faithfully

DG

This is ironic, but also whoever wrote this has a poor grasp of English. For clarity, as I'm hiding the claim numbers, claim YYYYYY was finished over a year and a half ago, claim XXXXXX is stayed. They say the letter of 28th May 2008 should have refered to claim XXXXXX not the above claim (YYYYYYY).... ok.... Aren't they trying to explain that this was the other way around....

Was it signed by Jason Newbold by any chance , hasselhoof :rolleyes: ??

He seemed to be in the picture at the beginning of this thread - I'm just wondering if it's a one-man effort or are there more of DG's people at it?

Nemo me impune lacessit

Ah.....:) thanks hasselhoof, I'm beginning to see pattern here.........

Nemo me impune lacessit

If he's the one making these 'mistakes' over and over again, DG will have some explaining to do, I think :rolleyes:, but we'd have to be sure it's sharp practice.............

Nemo me impune lacessit

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi jana , welcome to the forum :)

At least if you do get one of these letters you'll know what to do about it ..... forewarned is forearmed !

And if you're stuck just come on here , open your own thread ..and ask

someone will answer , and we're user - friendly .........:D

Nemo me impune lacessit

• 3 years later...
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3579 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks