Digi-bill, RHF Productions, Wescot

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5741 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I've just had a "Final notice" letter from wescot about a debt from digi-bill, it started in February when I had a letter from digi-bill saying " when you registered with us you indicated that you would make payment by credit card. Unfortunately this transaction was unsuccessful and the latest reason given was DECLINED".

It then went on to ask how I was going to pay, the letter looked poor giving no indication to what I had bought, a date or invoice number, one address in Jersey and another po box in scotland, also it gave no amount.

I decided to ignore it, then in March I had another exactly the same letter, except for the heading was from RHF productions.

I have now had 4 letters from them, and 2 from wescot, wescot put the outstanding balance as £35.94.

So after googling I found it's likely to be for adult films from sky, there are 2 sky boxes in the house but I don't watch them, I've asked my family and no one admits to it.

The thing is the letters look poor, if I hadn't looked on the internet I would still have no idea what it was for, why did they give whatever it was if the credit card was declined.

Am I responsible for it because sky is in my name? None of the letters mention sky.

I know it's not a large amount but I don't want to pay for something I've not had.

I've came to this site via google, and found this thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/129233-debt-demand-wescot.html

Should I send the letter that N.P posted?

I could just leave it and see if they send me to court, I've never been to court and it'll be interesting, though I'll have difficulty getting there.

Gees this is a long post, hope someone reads it and can advise me.

Thanks

riget.

Surely if the payment did not go through, then the film would not have been shown? If that is the case why are they chasing you?

I don't know, and I don't see why I should pay for a phone call to find out.

I don't know if I should carry on ignoring it, or send a letter.

You could try this letter

Dear Sir/Madam

Account no:

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

(Your Name) Print do not sign

Thanks for that, still not sure if I should send a letter or not, seems a lot of effort, time, and postage for a £35 bill.

I can see a lot of people just paying to end it.

• 2 weeks later...

I never sent a letter, and have now had another letter from wescot, this is for another amount £17.97, the digibill ref no is the same but with -A after it, the wescot debt no is different.

I've not had a letter from digibill or RHF for this amount.

The letter says:

If you ignore the instructions and fail to take action by 20/06/2008

This may result in one of the following:

1. Legal proceedings being automatically issued against you in the county court/sheriff's court-which could result in:

A county court judgment or decree against you

Your possessions being seized

Your debt increasing because of court costs

2. A debt collector being instructed to visit your home and collect the debt personally.

Do I keep ignoring these or should I now do something?

Thanks.

On balance you are probably better to send the letter that Saintly posted for you.

First it is a lot cheaper than paying them £35 or whatever.

Second if you keep ignoring them they will continue to write and hassle. On top of that once you have put them in the picture and they continue there is a chance you can offload them on to Trading Standards etc to get rid of them.

• 5 weeks later...

Ok just got this letter from Wescot:

We can confirm that as a consequence of the query you raised, the above account has been returned to our client.

No further action will be taken by wescot to recover the above account.

Looks like the letter worked, Thanks for the help.