• Tweets

• Breaking News Biden wins Kennedy family endorsement Fifteen members of the storied Kennedy political family endorsed U.S. President Joe Biden at a Philadelphia campaign event on Thursday, with some joining him onstage, in a rebuke of Robert F. Kennedy Jr's independent bid for the White House. and 30 members in the extended Kennedy family   nytimes.com WWW.NYTIMES.COM Kennedys endorse Biden over their relative RFK Jr WWW.BBC.CO.UK Robert F Kennedy Jr is running for president as an independent - but many family members oppose him. More than a dozen Kennedy family members endorse Biden, snub RFK Jr. | CBC News WWW.CBC.CA President Joe Biden accepted endorsements from at least 15 members of the Kennedy political family during a campaign stop...  
    • Speaking of Frost and Johnson the corrupt liars' grate deal they forced through   Shortages of life saving medicines has become ‘new normal’ for UK after Brexit WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK ‘The medicines supply chain is broken at every level,’ warns Dr Leyla Hannbeck   "Professor Tamara Hervey, of the City Law School, said: “There is nothing inevitable about this ‘new normal’ where Great Britain is isolated in efforts to manage fragilities in global supply of the products and people we need to run the NHS. It is the consequence of policy choices and those could be different.”     Mind you, the private sector is making hays while the NHS is burned. Private health insurance market grows by £385m in a year amid NHS crisis | Private healthcare | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Demand for private treatment booms as NHS waiting lists remain long, while more people also sign up for dental cover  
    • That's an idea on Maquarie. On being accountable, you also have to blame Ofwat and possibly the Environment Agency although they've been badly defunded. I put the Frost article up for balance.  
    • I agree HB, but there were no laws broken - its perfectly legal to fleece the UK and its infrastructure - and labour were little better than the Tories Perhaps an option would be to ban the aussie investment fund from the UKs markets
    • surprised you gave that frost article the light of day HB Long been the case that no further evidence of his wing-nutishness needed. Heck he even railed against the rubbish grate deal he largely created
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

disaplinary hearing monday 2nd june at 10am

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5798 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

omg what have i done.....

i have worked with a company for 15 years and was very happy in my job role, but ive been a naughty girl and was caught.....stealing.

i know what you must all be thinking and im thinking the same too, why have i done it and i just dont have a answer for it. all i know is i deeply regret it and if i could turn back the clock i wouldnt do it again.

i have a disaplinary meeting on monday and i am so nervous, i have never been in trouble before and at work people look at me as one of the trust worthy ones. i just tried it and and then i got complacent.

i have got a union rep attending with me as i will be a nevous bag of bones. i have done nothing but worry about this for the past two weeks as i was suspended on full pay till the investigation was finished.

the union rep thinks the same as me that it will probably go to dismissal due to gross misconduct but i want to fight for my job. i need my job. without my job i will be in more trouble financially as i have a mortgage and loan to pay and three dependant children.

my parents have gone completly mad with me and so has my partner.i have been brought up to know the right from wrong and i just dont know why i did it in the first place.

if it does come to a dismissal which is very likely does any one know how i could try change the management to change the reason going down on my records from gross misconduct to something else because that will let me down with future employers. and also today i read the terms of my loan and i took it out with payment protection but in the small print it doesnt cover gross misconduct agrhhhhhh

i know ive done wrong and i have told them i will pay back every penny but i cant do that with out being employed.

my other half is trying to keep me focused but it has put alot of tension on us both.

i feel so ashamed and embarrassed too so please dont judge me, we are all human at the end of the day and we all make mistakes. i did hold my hands up to it to when they took me in the office first so hopefully that should go in my favour...wouldnt it?

my file is completly clean, no telling offs,my attendance is brilliant too. why oh why oh why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any advice welcomed

this is my fist post tooo so please be gentle.

thanks everyone

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi yeah i would like your opinion please.

i guess your right ppl will judge me but im only human at the end of the day and truly regret it.

im such a shy person too so not sure how i will hold out in the meeting.

any advice welcome

Hi Magic, I really can't see anyway around your situation. You say in your post that you tried it then became complacent, did you steal on more than one occasion?. I truely can't see you keeping your job, but as to whether your employer discloses gross misconduct to future employers, is something your union rep would need to find out.

I know employers can't give a bad reference, but they can refuse one or if asked would they re-employ you they can say no.

hi bingowings thanks for your reply

i did it twice, i have said i will pay it back and up till this i have been a loyal member of staff. i just wish that little voice in my head had said dont do it instead of try it......

i will post back when i know the outcome.

thanks again

Ok, well theft is not just gross misconduct but it is also, obviously, criminal.

However, a couple of things are quite odd.

Firstly, you admitted the transgression yet you were suspended on full pay and invited to a disciplinary hearing.

Now I see no reason why you were not dismissed on the spot and the police called.

Why is this? Because you worked there for 15 years? With an excellent previous record?

I guess your employers are as disappointed as you are and want to know what has gone on with you to behave like this. It is quite obvious you are full of remorse.

Now, I need to know what your job is, your position in the business, how you would rate your relationship with your employers and what the thefts are.

You need to answer these, ok?

yes i did admit to it right from the beginning and yes i have been suspended on full pay till the investigation is complete.

im praying the police dont get called, ive just been so stupid and was caught. i am paying the price for it now believe me.

my relationship with my employers was ok, no problems with the staff or the senior management.

i am mentally stressing out with all this, but only got myself to blame.

I didn't mean to sound negative magic, but your situ happened to my friend. Her son owed money to drug dealers who came to her door threatening them. She was caught putting the money back. She wasn't thinking straight at the time. As weird al says there's always a chance, you could have been dismissed on the spot but you weren't, which means that your company are considering everything before making a decision. I hope things work out for you.

Hi Magic,

Just a thought. Because of your previous good record and the theft is totally out of character, you could try and show that you were under great stress at home etc, ask them to take this into consideration and not dismiss you. Ask them for their support and if all else fails ask that they accept your resignation instead of dismissing you because of your good record.

I know it looks all bad to you but only last week I kept someone his job on these same grounds, Companies don’t like to loose good workers if it can be helped, so it’s always worth a try.

However I will be honest with you, the chances of you keeping your job are slim; but the chances of resigning instead are 50/50.

Good luck Magic, don’t cut yourself up over this, your family are there for you and you will get over this troublesome time.

• Haha 1

If my comments have been helpful please click my scales

My hubby's a senior manager, got him to read this post. He's in total agreement weird al. Magic could meet his/ her union rep and get them to accept a letter of resignation. That way they won't have to face the hearing and final outcome, which is only adding to her dilema. She could leave with her good record still intact.

My hubby's a senior manager, got him to read this post. He's in total agreement weird al. Magic could meet his/ her union rep and get them to accept a letter of resignation. That way they won't have to face the hearing and final outcome, which is only adding to her dilema. She could leave with her good record still intact.

Yes bingowings, I dearly hope the OP posts back so we can try to help her.

hi to all you wonderful people who are trying to give me some good support. my head is such a mess as the time gets closer to the dreaded meeting. i keep going over and over things in my head on what to say on the morning but im just stressing myself out.

i know the best thing to do is just resign but i want to fight for my job, ive made one mistake in 15 years service and i dont want to leave. i have to give this my best shot as i have more to lose if i lose my job.

one thing that is going to go against me is the women dong the meeting is our new manager and only worked with us for the past 4 weeks so she wont know anything about me really.

im a shy person who gets really nervous but i have to try and be strong.

so do you guys think they will take into account my clear record etc and also see that it was out of character for me?

i am also willing to change depts or even a store transfere but i want to stay there with my friends (who by the way dont know what ive done)

and prove to them that i can be trusted again. it might take some time but i'm willing to give it ago. and besides how many people admit to what they have done and say they will pay it back?????

my kids have now picked up on mummy not being happy grrrrrr

one last thing too if i resign and i dont fall into another job straight away i cant claim benefts for 26 weeks...is this right? or if im sacked i could claim some benefit till im back into work does anyone know if this is right.

naturally i want to stay employed but if im not given the chance with current employer i have to think of my kids and home.

so feel free to comment on my post.

thanks guys

one last thing too if i resign and i dont fall into another job straight away i cant claim benefts for 26 weeks...is this right? or if im sacked i could claim some benefit till im back into work does anyone know if this is right.

Hi magic28, I can only comment on the above quote but if your children are aged 16 or below (18 if in further education) then if you are their sole provider then you will have an underlying right to income support. This means the 26 week sanction does not apply. However if they are all over the age then its JSA and a 26 week sanction.

Hope this helps

they will almost certainly dismiss otherwise they will have to treat everyone else who steals in the same way.

BTW they can refuse your resignation and can dismiss you in your absence. They can also give you a bad reference as long as such reference is factual.

thanks pi guy

my plan isnt to resign i want to fight for my job, that way i know ive tried my best. i know theft is serious but at the time i didnt think. we all human and throughout life we will all make at least one mistake or maybe more.

Magic write down everything that you want to say on monday, and take it with you. If you are asked something you can refer to your notes. Your head must be buzzing, but you need to clear it of all negative thoughts. As PI says were there any mitigating factors which triggered it off. If there were then write them down, and also the fact that you'd been a loyal and trustworthy member of staff untill the incident.

hi there bingowings

does your hubby know what exactly happens in a dispalinary meeting,like who will be in there other than myself and my union rep, im not that clear.

ive had 2 weeks to think why i did this and i cant come up with a answer as to why i took the steps and did it.

my head is defo messed up.

thanks again

I will tell you what happens.

You will be called into a meeting. There will be at least 2 people there, one will take notes.

The person conducting the meeting will run through the evidence against you. You will be given a chance to say whatever you want to. Your rep will not have a chance to speak unless there is a clear breach of rules in how they are treating you. You can take notes. You will be asked to sign their notes at the end. The person conducting the hearing should not be the same person who conducted the investigation.

At the end they will adjourn to consider their decision. The will then come back in to tell you their decision.

Hi,hubby says that each company have their own policies and proceedures, so some may differ to others.

Have you received written notification of your suspension and the reason why?

Have you received notification inviting you to attend meeting on monday?

have you been given copy of company policies with regards to disaplinarys?

Normally although may differ to each company a member of HR or senior member of staff along with the person conducting the meeting will attend excluding you and your rep.

Most interviews or meetings can be audio taped, to be seen as equally fair to all attending. If not the minutes of meeting will be taken. if this is the case you can request a copy before leaving meeting.

they will almost certainly dismiss otherwise they will have to treat everyone else who steals in the same way.

How do you know this? Do you know who the OP's employers are and how they operate?:confused:

BTW they can refuse your resignation and can dismiss you in your absence.

Huh?:confused:

So long as the employee makes certain they wish to resign, such as writing a formal letter, and working their notice, then just how would/could an employer refuse this?

It is a job not prison.

And no reason needs to be given in any case, what if the employee wants to resign through an illness they don't wish to discuss?

Are you telling us the employer can force them to work?!:confused:

They can also give you a bad reference as long as such reference is factual.

And the alleged thefts are not factual. And if they remain unresolved then how would a previous 15 year unblemished service result in a bad reference?

Please, we are trying our best for the OP and not scaremongering.

thanks pi guy

my plan isnt to resign i want to fight for my job, that way i know ive tried my best. i know theft is serious but at the time i didnt think. we all human and throughout life we will all make at least one mistake or maybe more.

Right, now we know what you want to do and that's good.

You really need to tell us what those two items you stole were and the nature of your job.

We have to build up the picture of what trust you were under. Would the employer think you have admitted to two thefts but could have stole many times over the years.

This is important to try and mitigate for you, ok?