mychild.co.uk - help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5815 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I need some help and advice. I browsed a website regarding childrens sats tests and to register i had to leave my home no. of course a few days later i received a call saying they have a special offer no obligation pack that I can have a look at and if its not for me I can send it back, all i had to do was pay a £9 deposit, which i did paying with my bank card. A few days later i never received any goods so i called the no. and all i got was a recorded message saying they were closed, when they shouldn't have been so i decided to email them. I received an auto generated reply saying they would be in touch within 2-3 days. Another few days pass and still nothing, i find another no. on there website and try this only to listen to awful music for 25mins so i decided to send 4 more emails (kind of peed off by now) i get the same reply and still nothing. So it was to my great shock that when I was checking my bank balance this evening I see they have taken a further £80 out of my account!!!!! I immediately call the bank, they cancel my card and start a fraud investigation. This has now taken me over my overdraft and will get a lovely £30 charge tomorrow. I have since checked out this website and they seeml egit but i just read there terms and conditions which states that if they don't receive there goods back within 7 days they automatically charge you full costs , the lovely sales lady omitted to tell me that one. Am I liable for this even though I have never received there goods, not signed for anthying and even paid a deposit???? please help i can't afford to lose this money.

fiona

Edited by fionast74
wrong forum

Hi Fiona,

First of all, Welcome to the Consumer Action Group :)

There are two things I can think of you can do to start with.

1st. Contact Companies House and see if they are a Reg. Company and if they have a registered address you can write to

Companies House

2nd. Check their website again and see if their website is 'Hosted' If you contact the host company, they may pass on your complaint to their client, it has work for me once before.

I hope this helps

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi

I have had dealings with this company.

I received my disks, but when I tried to cancel no-body answered or the telephone message said offices now closed when they advertises opening times 10-4.

Subsequently I was charged but managed to reclaim the money from my credit card.

I also reported to TS and they were aware of this company/[problem].