• Tweets

• Hi again all, below is another email they sent me, I just don't want to get in trouble or things to get worse with this crowd but I am taking your advice here. Anyway advice would be appreciated.   I am contacting you again after having tried to contact you both by email on 03/04/2024 and 10/04/2024, and by telephone on 10/04/2024 and 17/04/2024 to discuss the matter in relation to the regularization of the SOLIDWORKS case against xxx our company.   This is an urgent legal matter. Please contact me at your earliest convenience - +44 2921 920 296.    If we do not recieve a response before 24/04/2024, we will assume that you are not willing to settle this dispute amicably. The case will then be referred back to our client with whom, ultimately, the final decision lies on the enforcement of their intellectual property rights.    Yours sincerel y, Rhys
    • If you do get a letter of Claim and or Pre Action Protocol pack 15. Where there has been non-compliance with a pre-action protocol or this Practice Direction, the court may order that (a) the parties are relieved of the obligation to comply or further comply with the pre-action protocol or this Practice Direction; (b) the proceedings are stayed while particular steps are taken to comply with the pre-action protocol or this Practice Direction; (c) sanctions are to be applied. 16. The court will consider the effect of any non-compliance when deciding whether to impose any sanctions which may include— (a) an order that the party at fault pays the costs of the proceedings, or part of the costs of the other party or parties; (b) an order that the party at fault pay those costs on an indemnity basis; (c) if the party at fault is a claimant who has been awarded a sum of money, an order depriving that party of interest on that sum for a specified period, and/or awarding interest at a lower rate than would otherwise have been awarded; (d) if the party at fault is a defendant, and the claimant has been awarded a sum of money, an order awarding interest on that sum for a specified period at a higher rate, (not exceeding 10% above base rate), than the rate which would otherwise have been awarded. https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/pd_pre-action_conduct   .
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
    • Thanks all! My wife was driving at the time (took our daughter to get new school uniform) and I wasn't there so I'm not sure what the signage was actually like, but yes, Parkopedia says 2:30, so it's barely over that. I will check it out with her when she gets home later, I haven't even told her about this yet as she'll probably be quite upset. So - likely my best response at this stage is to just wait it out until a Letter Before Claim arrives?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

RBS Defaults Stressing Me Out

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5707 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone give me some advice on what letters to write to the RBS with regards to 4 defaults I have recieved from them? Total stressed out with them! I dont think the comply but im not a lawyer, might need to get one to give me some advice.

MBNA - £308.40 charges refunded :roll:

Halifax - £190.00 charges refunded

RBS - £2100.00 bank charges refunded :p

RBS - Pursuing PPI claim and removal of 3 defaults

Barclaycard - £290.00 charges refunded

T-Mobile - default removed :grin:

Littlewoods - no CCA - removed account

Forth Housing - CCJ to remove :mad:

Lloyds TSB - Pursuing refund of £800 charges

JD Williams - no CCA - pursuing

FOUR. !!!. For one debt ?

Can you scan them in, remove all your personal details ie account numbers, name and address , upload them to Photobucket and link them to your thread.

The more information you provide the better people will be able to help and advise you . :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I uploaded the document to photobucket but its only coming up with one page? Any ideas what im doing wrong?

Well, I have to be honest and say that from what I have read on the forums they dont look to be in the correct format.

At least 2 of those letters are Notices of INTENT to issue a Default notice and arent actually the Default Notice itself.

There is I understand a certain way they have to be formatted and again.. from what I can actually see these arent.

I would wait for someone with more experience to confirm this for you. Meanwhile I will have a quick search round and see if I can find any information.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

This thread is worth reading, it isnt very long and has a template letter regarding multiple default notices. Hopefully someone who can confirm the status of the default notice will pop in soon.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/131232-credit-reference-agencies-multiple.html#post1379291

BCOBS

Hi fuzzy,

These are 3 separate defaults for 3 seperate accounts. They look as though the only way they might not comply is that certain words do not appear to be underlined that should be.

I'm not too clear from your post what you want to achieve - can I ask what you want as an outcome from this?

If you go to court you may get the default removed and then the creditor would just come back and give you another default. I don't think that this would achieve very much.

You would be better off (just my opinion) in claiming back the charges from the current account. By the way I noticed that they charged you £30 just for sending each letter to you!!

Send them an sar covering all 3 accounts, this way you will get the statements from the current accounts and also ask for a copy of the agreement on the loan as it may well be that the loan agreement is improperly executed and so unenforceable.

Hope this helps

• Haha 1

I just want the defaults removed! I never recieved them! I have been paying all accounts on time for the past 12 months. I have already claimed back the charges on the current account (all £2100 of them) and have sent them a SAR request for the loan, to which they failed to provide me within the specified time period! Reported them to trading standards but dont know where I will stand as I have lost my recorded delivery receipts :-(

Sorry forgot to ask - Ive been checking my credit reports every month now snce Ive know about the defaults and they report a default every month, is that the way there supposed to do it? As I thought it would show up default one month and then arrangement to pay or some other the rest of the months?

If you have sent an SAR and they have not replied then you should send them the DPA non-compliance letter

What did you send them that produced the documents in post #4?

Did you send a request under s77(1) of the CCA 1974 for the loan?

If you have already reclaimed the charges then, as far as I know, the only way to get the defaults removed is via a court claim based on s87 of the CCA 1974. Such a claim would only succeed if you can demonstrate that they never sent the default notices.

For the loan default, if they cannot produce a copy of an enforceable agreement (and of course, they may be able to), then you also have the possibilty of a challenge under ss 77(4) and 127(3) of the CCA 1974 - ie that they have enforced an agreement that is not enforceable. You can then get the default removed under s14 of te DPA 1998 on the basis that, in the absence of an enforceable agreement, there is no debt and the default is therefore inaccurate.

A lot of ifs. I'm afraid.

Sorry my mistake it was a request for the credit agreements not the SAR - they never replied and still havnt! Do the defaults comply that they snet me? Also are the correct to report defaults every month thereafter for all accounts?

"reporting deaults every month" is exactly what they are doing to me right now, its almost funny hehe.

Right now i have 9 defaults for the past 9 months all for the one debt. Its ironic that despite their doign that to bully me into paying it will actually help my case against them.

"you see Mr County Court judge i didn't feel able to consider their offer of reduced settlement because they said they would mark the default as satisfied but they didnt say they would do for the same for the other 14 defaults they have lodged against me for the same debt *blink blink* Now, onto that part in my claim about unfair processing of data...."

DCA Theats: Jystmystry V's Wescot - I Win (link)

Default Removal: Jystmystry V's NatWest - In Progress (link)

General Debt - Jysmystry v's Optical Express (link)

You can run but you'll just die tired

Every month they report the payment as a default, not that Ive actually paid the agreed amount!? So for like the past 14 months they have reported default.

Yes, I just thought it would have been reported differently thats all. So basically im screwed :-(

So basically im screwed :-(
Not necessarily. Lets recap and clarify - you have 3 accounts here - 2 overdrafts and one loan. Can you give us a definative list of what you have asked for for each and what you have received:

Overdraft1:

Overdraft2:

Loan:

Loan : CCA requested, not recieved

Overdraft 1 : Nothing

Overdraft 2 : Nothing

The charges from my actual bank account were refunded 12 months ago as well. Thats about it.

Like I said I never received the defaults, they just appeared!

On that basis, I don't think there is much you can do about any default associated with the overdrafts. But the absence of a CCA gives you ground for challenging the loan one

• 3 months later...

Hi, ive been reading about here on defaults and their removals. I have 3 issued by the RBS which are all basically made up of bank charges which ive had refunded.

Ive also been reading into the letter to send to the CRA - Notice that information is inaccurate??

Should I be sending this letter to the CRA to let them know that the RBS accounts are in dispute??

Also im trying to get these defualts removed but RBS dont seem to be shifting. Ive got all my statements etc and CCA for the loan. Next step??

Could you say when the defaults were applied please

They were apparantly sent in January 2007, but I never recieved them.

Anyone help please??

You will have to be able to show that the bank was clearly aware that the charges were in dispute when the made the default.

This means that you must have started at least writing to the bank about your charges in January 2007 which is when you say that you were defaulted.

If this chronology does not match your circumstances then it won't be worth trying to get the defaults removed. However, you should certainly get a notice of dispute entered in respect of the defaults concerned and also warn the CRA and the bank that the lawfulness of the charges is currently the subject of a court procedure and that when, as you fully expect, the charges are eventually ruled to be unlawfully unfair, you will require their complete removal and that you may also seek compensation under the Data Protection Act for any loss the unlawful credit file entry may have caused you.

That is as much as you can do for the moment.

Make sure that you keep a log of any loss or distress whh may have suffered as a result of the defaults for future reference. Loss includes any additional price which you may have had to pay for credit.