......help help help .......

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5827 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi...

i was send to stop by the police on last sunday

the police officer asked me if my insurance company know i had 6 points previously (for no insurance on 5-2005) i said do i have to tell them ? (honestly im not originally form uk i had no idea we had to tell them about the points ) any way i had my insurance made in 1-2006 for me and my wife.

today i ringed my insurance company and they said that my insurance will be canceled and all my money that i paid since the beginning (1-2006) will be returned and they are just waiting for a letter from police )

the police officer that send me to stop and canceled my insurance was saying that i had made a fraud and the penalty form that was between 5-10 years inside

on all the time i had insurance i lost count of times i was stopped by police more than 10 times at least from last august to now and after all this time they just canceled my insurance and im afraid of what may happen in court

any ideas ? please

Hi there and sorry to hear of your problems.

To address your first point, when taking out insurance in the uk you must disclose any previous convictions (whether driving or criminal) to your potential insurer and you should have been asked this when obtaining your quote whether over the phone or online. Failure to disclose this information may result in the voidance (cancellation) of your policy back to the inception date and all monies paid would then be returned.

A couple of questions -

1) -why are the insurers awaiting a letter from the police if they have already made the decision to cancel your policy and on what grounds are they cancelling it?

2) - Why did the police stop you in the first instance?

With regards to fraud (and im no expert here) I would have thought that only the insurer could take you to court for attempted fraud, and the police can only take you to court for driving with no insurance ? anyone else have any views on this?

Halifax + BOS

• £1300 WON from Halifax
  • £713 WON from BOS

Have I helped? tip the scales

hi thanks for your reply

1 - the insurance company wouldn't say what the letter is for(probably letter to confirm my points)

2- for the same reason has all the other times yellow calibra whit 17inch and black tinted the previously they said it look dogy (police officer words)

If you find the advice I give is useful, then please feel free to click the scales :)

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" :)