Taken to court by tfl

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5866 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am being taken to court by tfl for failure for showing a valid oystercard on a London bus. However, at the time I had a valid oyster card for the journey.. I had lost it in a venue that night and found it the following day - I gave details of this card and the number and the registered address etc when I was sent the initial notice by tfl.

I would like to know how the court approaches these matters. Whilst I am guilty of not showing the card, tfl have evidence that I actually owned one at the time as it was registered in my name etc. This is not a matter of fare evasion as as a travelcard holder I had paid for the fare in advance! Will the court be sympathetic to me, as tfl are essentially convicting me on a technicality. They suffered no financial loss, and I made them aware of this before they issued me with a summons.

You have to be in possesion of a valid ticket whilst travelling on a bus/train etc. I'm afraid you should have bought a ticket then claimed a refund.

On the occasion I had forgotten my rail ticket, I had to do so otherwise at the other end I was told I'd be charged a fine aswell as having to pay the full fare.

I succesfully reclaimed the fare though.

:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)

Yes in hindsight I should have taken the initiative, but too late, my question is how the courts will view this. There was obviously no intention to fare dodge. I might add that I did not think TfL would take me to court given that I had prepaid the fare! It does not seem reasonable.

Can you make an out of court settlement, I work for a train company and they take fare evaders to court, but I know that if you ring up the head office, they will let you make an out of court settlement, and just call you in for a reprimand.

It is worth a try asking this because I know when my company take people to court, they end up with a criminal record. Give them a call and ask them.

NatWest

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent - 02/01/07

Statements received - 15/01/07

Prelim sent - 24/01/07

LBA sent - 15/02/07

Claim filed in court - 20/03/07

Court date received for 26th June - 01/06/07

Received offer for full & final settlement from Cobbetts - 22/06/07:D :D

Capital One

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent - 26/06/07

Statements received - 03/07/07

Prelim letter sent - 17/07/07