Fees!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6613 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Went into my local bank today to see if rather then sending them a letter could i get a list of all related charges to my account over the last 6years.Was met with the answer yes but we will have to charge you £10 for us to do that since we send out monthly statements and thats a lot of work for us!Needless to say i didnt pay but if i send them a letter are they going to charge me for this and do you think id be able to claim this money back :?:

PS Just while i remember was told it would also take the usual 2-3 weeks for me to receive the statement so its no quicker than sending a letter

PLEASE READ THE FAQ

By law they can charge you up to £10 for a Data protection act request, but if you read the FAQ then you'd know that! :wink:

Natasha

Abbey-received DPA letter on 13/03, received some breakdown till 2004 waiting for the more recent ones(where most charges occurred)

sent reminder email on 17/4/06

called abbey on 19/04/06 to remind them:rolleyes:

sent another email on 26/04/06:mad:

Approx charges £2500

received £500 refund in dec 06

sent LBA

Capital one- sent DPA letter 17/03

Sent prim letter for charges of £260 14/04

Received a refund £109 awaiting further refund of £151

Settled IN FULL

Barclay card- Sent DPA letter 17/03 sent reminder 14/04

received info claiming £120

settled in FULL

Interesting to note that they state that they have to charge £10 because of the amount of work involved.

Funny that they can do all that work for £10 but charge £38 for the work involved in a single failed direct debit charge. :shock:

I have often wondered in cases such as this if we are justified in charging them for the letters WE send? Could we legally do this?

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

I have often wondered in cases such as this if we are justified in charging them for the letters WE send? Could we legally do this?

I would have thought that you could enforce the reaonsable costs of dealing with their mistakes against them. Of course, as your process would not be fully automated and also you would not have the benefits of their economy of scale, your costs would be ore than their's. You might be justified in charging a couple of quid per letter.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6613 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks