Insure & Go Travel insurance claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I hope someone can give me some advice. I recently went on a snowboarding holiday and broke my arm on the 2nd day Doh!. All well

and good I thought as I had taken travel insurnace out so kept all reciepts

and medical notes etc.

On returning I sent off my claim to Insure & Go (Travel Claim Services) for the taxi to and from the hospital and also the invoice for the package holiday I had paid for to get reimbursement for the Ski Lessons, Ski Hire and Lift pass which I had not got to use for the remaining 5 days of the holiday all of which are clearly covered in the T&C's of the insurance.

I have since recieved a letter form the insurer refusing to make any payment on my claim as I have not supplied a breakdown of the individual costs of each aspect of the holiday. I don't have this as the holiday was bought as an all inclusive holiday, so i have contacted the holiday provider to request this information but they can't/won't supply a breakdown as it would seem they purchase the lessons/lift pass/ski hire on bulk for the season so can't breakdown the cost to an individual basis.

Are the insurance company in the right in refusing to make any payment due to this?, even though within the price I paid for the holiday are items which are covered by the insurance I took out.

I have been advised to go down the small claims court route to try and get a settlement but would like any advice good or bad on whether it would be worthwhile.

Thanks and Happy Easter

Chris

I would have thought they can easily divide the total of the holiday by the amounts of days wasted and pay back pro-rata, so it seems very unreasonable. Furthermore, even if they had grounds to refuse thispart of the claim, if you have your receipts for the additional expenses, taxis etc, I fail to see how they could refuse to pay that.

You should write back and try to get them to see reason, but if they refuse, tell them you want them to tell you it is their final decision so you can take it to the FOS.

I tried to check your insurance T&Cs, but there are a few policies under skiing/snowboarding, so can you tell us which one it was so I can check it?

Hi,

Thanks for your response you have confirmed what I thought that they are being unreasonable and trying it on, I shall respond to them again next week as suggested and try to make them see sense. I'm awaiting a call from a manager there on tuesday so shall see what comes of that as well. The policy I have is on the following link

http://www.insureandgo.com/travel-insurance/downloads/Standard-Policy-Wording.pdf

it is the silver cover and includes the ski/snowboard cover.

Again thanks for the advice.

Chris

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

Insure and Go are the worst travel insurance company I've ever dealt with. I had an accident in Austria back in February 2008 and to date the Austrian hospital is chasing for payment, despite me forwarding the invoice to Insure and Go. I called them several times during the last two years and they always reassure me that they will pay it and sort it out. Now the hospital is suing me if I don't pay within 14 days. Again, Insure and Go are now claiming that they have never received the invoice, however, I have proof as I kept all the emails. I don't know anymore what I shall do? Should I go to a lawyer? I hope some people read this. I don't tend to blog but this really is so upsetting and I don't want anyone to have to go through that. If you can, avoid Insure and Go AT ALL costs. It is not worth it.