Doncaster Council Housing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5873 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys.

Bit of tricky one here but thought id post and see if anyone knew what i could do.

I left the Armed Forces in November 07 and was declared homeless as i was living in quarters. I turned to Doncaster council for help who after 4 month of me having to prove i was from Doncaster and had a connection finally raised my band to the highest level as it is done on a bidding for houses system.

We was told we were entitled to a 2 bedroom house and thats all we could bid on which was fair enough. What got me was that people on lower bands were been given 3 bedroom houses just because they had more than one child.

Basically the lower bands mean that people on them are not in as great of need as myself and others on high priority yet they are been housed before us. Putting this to the council they basically said it didnt matter which band they were on effectively saying in their own statement that the system was a complete waste of time.

I find it totally out of order how people in less need can be housed before those who are desperate such as me and my family and was wondering apart from approaching the council who dont give a ****e who else could i possibly turn to who will look into the farce that is their housing allocation system.

Hope someone can help.

James

IVA Entry Removed

Nationwide Default Removed

Nationwide Joint Account Default Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Blackhorse Car Finance Court Claim - Won

Hi there, have you contacted your local councillor or MP to ask for their intervention?

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

hi

Not as yet i have been thinking about that as my next step.

Can they actually intervine though? I thought that they could only put their views throuh parliament?

Thanks

IVA Entry Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Hi, have a look at this link which will give you information on what your councillor can do for you.

Frequently Asked Questions

You should find out when his/her surgery is and go along.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Thanks for the advice Ell-enn.

Have sent an email to see if they can help, will post what they say as and when i get a reply.

Thanks

IVA Entry Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Hi

I've been through a similar experience with my local council.

In my case even though I was at the top of the housing list several houses that would have met my families needs were given to the able bodied who were lower on the list.

With the help of Shelter I made a formal complaint against the council. I also involved my local councillor (not helpful, in fact him and several other councillors decided to make our life very difficult) my mp and the Ombudsman who wanted us to accept compensation without it going to report stage.

Going to a solicitor and threatening high court action has worked best. They love cases like this. Try ringing community legal services they'll find you a decent solicitor.