Barclaycard wanting £3 per statement, not budging on this

lauraw78
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1850 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They are not budging on this even though I stated the dpa to them, they responded 'As advised earlier, I must inform you that we levy a charge of £3.00 per copy statement.' So where do I go from here, do I just go ahead with a claim, or write them a letter first asking for x amount back?! I have no idea how much they have charged me but Im guessing its around the 1000 mark.

Any help will be hugely appreciated.

Laura

The question of copy statements has arisen before - in the LloydsTSB forum and it was established that staements are not part of the file. However transactions and charges are part of the file and must be disclosed under DPA. Getting only copy statements does not get recods of manual intervention

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

The question of copy statements has arisen before - in the LloydsTSB forum and it was established that staements are not part of the file. However transactions and charges are part of the file and must be disclosed under DPA. Getting only copy statements does not get recods of manual intervention

I know this is about barclay card and not a barclays current account, can anyone explain to me what manual interventions are? i have just requested all my bank statements for the past 6 years from barclays and have paid £5 for them to be sent to me. Are the bank statements not enough to start sending letters to claim the money they owe me?

Many thanks in advance for any information I recive and thanks for such a great site!

In a recent interview a banks' spokeman claimed that charges were so high because 2 people had to intervene in the case of refused D/Ds etc. OK, so prove it.

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

The question of copy statements has arisen before - in the LloydsTSB forum and it was established that staements are not part of the file.

I found this in the FAQ which would suggest that statements are part of the file and covered by the DPA

Q. The trouble is that I don't remember what they have taken from me. I'm not very good with my paper and I don't have my statements any more OR I was troubled about ID theft and I shred my statments after looking at them and therefore do not know the amount I have been charged, how can I find this information?

A. You can apply to your bank for copy statements going over as long as you need. You can make an offical request under the Data Protection Act (1998) - you need to make the bank aware that you are making this request under the DPA. They then have 40 days to comply with the law. If they state that bank statements are not covered under the act, point them at the Durant v FSA case, in which the judge ruled that bank statement information is 'personal' information and thus covered under the Data Protection Act.

Halifax - DPA sent 03/03/06.

Prelim Letter - Sent 27/03/06 ignored.

LBA sent 10/04/06 - Ignored

Moneyclaim filed - 26.04.06

Acknowledgement received 3rd May. Halifax state they intend to defend.

Halifax Settled in Full - 17 May 2006

If you've found this post helpful, I would be grateful if you could click on the 'Scales of Justice' button in the top right corner of this post.

This is the relevant quote:

quote="BankFodder"]Dave found this on another forum:-

per homer_j

I have just had a phone call from the Yorkshire Bank Data Protection Advisor and he has backed up phone call that I cannot claim my bank statements through a DSA and that there was a meeting in DEC05 between the ICO and several banks, which gained clarification to this matter. The ICO were adament that bank statements were not covered under the DSA.

So just called the ICO and they have confirmed the following:

No further guidance on this has been issued following the durant vs fsa case. What may be the issue is that we are asking for bank statement copies. He recommended that we be more specific to requesting the list of transactions and charges as these are certainly covered.

Thanks for the advice, I have taken that on board and sent them another email, will let you know how I get on =)

I think that you will have to abandon emails here and send them a DPA letter from the library with the money and sent special delivery

Thanks for the advice, I have taken that on board and sent them another email, will let you know how I get on =)

I think that you will have to abandon emails here and send them a DPA letter from the library with the money and sent special delivery

ok, I will do that as well. Big thanks to you for all the excellent advice you are giving everyone on here, I have let all of my friends and family know whats happening here so thanks from them too =))))))

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1850 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks