injury payout help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well two years ago i fell through a floor and broke my right ankle and big toe,also fractured l3 lumber in spine a had shoulder injuries and lower back muscle injuries .

The day of my accident was a joke when i came around on the floor 9 floors up i was picked up and taken to the ground flr in a hoist i had back injuries.

An ambulance was called and i was taken to manchester gen no xrays just a general body check by a doctor in A/E morphine was given ,and told i could go i then went to another hospital as i felt unwell and my foot was hurting as well as back shoulders ect ect and explained myself again .

I was exrayed only my foot and told it was fractured and my toe 6 months later when i started getting well i was told my back had been fractured and we are sorry about what had happened by a doctor.

My own doctor thinks it is negligence and apologized to me personally but my solicitor does,nt think so and just seemed to want to get the case out of the way thats my impression.

Anyway after two years we are close to compensation for my troubles a few weeks ago my solicitor informed me that we were close at the same time i stated that i would take this to the wire as i might have to finish work earlyier than i thought due to my injuries.

He said that was understandable and good news as it would be an out of court settlement anyway .

A couple of days ago i recieved a letter asking me to come and see his barrister in case it had to go to court so i went and was shocked that they put me on the spot and the barrister actually stated to me regarding my injuries the payout would be £12.500 which is actually lower than my loss of earnings .

I,m abit shocked about this as all i,ve been through as in misery caused by the accident pain ,debt ,stress and the fact that i will have all this now for life when i had a healthy life and active one before this accident.

The position i,m in today and the reason why i,m looking for help is i dont feel like this solicitor has done his job and he has not been straight with me i was under the impression that they would make an offer and i could refuse as to when i,m happy with what i think i deserve this after all this .

But i,m actually annoyed that i,m ringing him today as he did not inform that the interveiw with the barrister would lead to me being put on the spot and basically being told thats what your getting.

What i,m concerned about is were will this leave me in terms of him getting shirty and saying there pulling out i will not sign a disclosure for this amount.

At the end of the day this this is my life which has been ruined and we have negligence and cockups all the way and to end up with what i would class for my troubles a paltry offer which is lower than my loss of earnings is disgusting .

Sorry for the long winded event but it was the shortest way to do my rant thanx in advance for any input mufc7:grin: