Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Default Closed my account 1.5+ months ago - more charges?!

Hi forum,

I had a recent problem with RBSicon, and got it sorted out with thanks to this forum.

Or so I thought.

You see, my account was literally +0.40 (in credit), after having paid whatever evil charges they had set me. So I went down to the bank, with a handwritten note, and asked them in no uncertain terms that I wished to close my account. The person at the desk said 'OK' - took the piece of paper, and - I presumed - closed the account.

So I was surprised this morning to find another letter from RBS, saying they were about to take another 10.00 from the account, so without a doubt, they haven't closed the account.

I'm understandably absolutely furious. I want nothing more to do with them, yet they have the cheek after having closed the account to send me another letter for charges. What can I do now? I'll be going down this afternoon, so if anyone could shed light on what I should focus on, then I'd be grateful.

I'm currently thinking of threats with the FSA, as well as pointing out their responsibility as Data Controllers under the Data Protection Act to delete customer data after having asked for it to be removed.

Let me know what you think.

With many thanks,
    Ronald.