• Tweets

• Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
    • At a key lecture in the City of London, the shadow chancellor will also vow to reform the Treasury.View the full article
    • Despite controversy China's Temu is becoming a global online shopping force.View the full article
    • The retailer has come under fire for an advert showing motorcyclists wearing trainers and doing wheelies.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Skillstrain/Scheidegger - time for you to fight back

ravenstorm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3659 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have a facebook account? Search for groups under "skillstrain unsatisfied" and you'll find a group I made discussing the downers about the company.

Have your say if you are unhappy about your service. I decided to start the group after I was treated in much the same way as everyone else reporting their woes about skillstrain on the internet. A union of voices speaks louder than any individual - so heres your chance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How are you getting on with your campaign?

Edited by pt2537
editing the thread title

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

A lot better than I thought, 15 members have signed up already discussing their troubles with ST. Found some interesting things out so far.......

Edited by pt2537

Good luck with it.

Edited by pt2537

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

• 5 months later...

For all that have received a CAG bot message, im sorry but i have edited the thread titles and also a few comments on a couple of posts as they may be construed by some as potentially libellous and given that Skillstrain read this forum, best not to give them any stones to throw at us

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone! I'm new to this place but if anyone can help, please post back?
Post deleted by Spiceskull. Edited by Spiceskull
I forgot this post ...

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

My son was a victim of these and we had to battle to get his course cancelled and a full refund. We had some help via BBC's Upside Down programme who ran a feature on these about 18 months ago. I spoke to the producer and he told me they had so many complaints they had to investigate.

My son is still trying to geta default removed which was registered by Clydesdale (who Sheidegger set up an account with for him) as he refused to pay. Even though Sheidegger eventually refunded in full his credit report shows fully settled but with a default. This is for a course he never had. And an account he never used.

I am trying to help him get this removed as he has been turned down for a mortgage (pre credit crunch) because of this. PT any suggestions would be welcome.

BTW the course was terrible. He was allocated a personal tutor but could never get him and on the time someone did answer the phone it was his 7-year-old daughter. He was given no help, no-one contacted him and they were well aware of his dyslexia problems. Scheidegger were utterly disgraceful and we still had the letter they sent him which indicated he was too thick to "take advantage" of the course. I haven't finished with them at all.

Hi,

I am also being ripped off by skills train, they signed me up for a course and basically lied throughout, its been over 2 years and i am still fighting for my money, posting yet another letter tomorrow and considering going to the press. Is there anything a group could do??

Hi i also have the same problem they signed me up to something i never even wanted when i didnt have a job, upon phoning the number i had the operator refused to give me an address to send a complaint letter to, he refused to put me through to a manager and said it was my fault because i should of read the small print, on another complaint site ''skillstrain'' left a special number that they said was to take the calls of people like us, guess what i called it and national express picked up the phone its a complete joke there must be something we can do together

sean

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody its Tim Bartrop the creator of this Facebook Skillstrain group about people being ripped off by them. Wow I am impressed upon the impact about this group.

How ever Facebook has closed it down due to I think Skillstrain not liking what we are saying, but you are all welcome to put a complaint into Facebook and ask them to re open the group which I have.

There email address is below, the more people that complain about this group being closed the better.

My email is [email protected]

[email protected]

Hi, registered a course with them about two yrs ago and the cost was £2700. Hav paid abt 2/3 of the cost, which was funded by clydesdale.

Is there anyway i can get my money back and stop paying the rest as the course is not for me? I submitted only one assignment but realised it wasn't for me.

removed

Hi, registered a course with them about two yrs ago and the cost was £2700. Hav paid abt 2/3 of the cost, which was funded by clydesdale.

Is there anyway i can get my money back and stop paying the rest as the course is not for me? I submitted only one assignment but realised it wasn't for me.

Hi all, I would like to know the same as the above, can I enlist a debt collector to go in and recover what I have paid as I do not feel that I have been provided with a service and cost £3000.00 for MCSE course and no help?

• 2 months later...
Hi all, I would like to know the same as the above, can I enlist a debt collector to go in and recover what I have paid as I do not feel that I have been provided with a service and cost £3000.00 for MCSE course and no help?

I would also like to know the same as above. I feel I have been totally ripped off and am having issues with the CDF, their finance company.

We got our course fees written off when I threatened them with legal action for miss selling the course to my husband. My husband is an IT graduate and the course recommended to him was basically computers for dummies.

We got our course fees written off when I threatened them with legal action for miss selling the course to my husband. My husband is an IT graduate and the course recommended to him was basically computers for dummies.

I've just sent them a very threatening letter saying much the same so fingers crossed!

HOw quickly did you get action?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody!

I see. They are clever enough.

I signed up 2 years ago and gave up when I locked at this rubbish materials.

My course in fact, never started. I was told - I'd signed up, money was paid so course must go-on, or at last paid in full. About £1800 so far, 50% of total amount. So I'm paying for 2 years. Do you have any idea how to stop it?

Sorry about my English. It's not my prime language.

Guys,

how do i start legal proceedings against these Skills Train and Barclays Partner Finance people? I never received my 2nd copy of the agreement from any of them.

Skills Train said in their T & C that students on credit terms cancellation condition must conform to the credit facilitator's (Barclays Partner Finance) T & C, albeit Barclays didn't send any cancellation T & C.

Skills train also never sent me a 2nd copy of the agreement, which i believe is a breach of the CCA 1974.

My question is how do i sue both parties?

removed

Hi Guys. Im involved with some others who are working towards seeing these distance learning companies being properly regulated

Yesterday I spoke to the office of fair trading (OFT) and they are VERY interested in this topic right now and would like to hear from anyone who has been misled by a salesman from any distance learning company, who hasnt been told that they have signed a finance agreement and had it explained by the salesman, who hasnt received a cancellation notice for finance within 2 weeks of signing up and who has recieved poor products that werent what was promised.

Just look up their main number online and give them a call or email them on their enquiries addy.

• 1 month later...

I have just been the victim of a confidence trick and fraud by a salesman from Skills Train and Multimedia Computer Training Ltd.

Today, 8th July 2009, at 2pm, a man knocked on my door. He was dressed quite smartly in a suit and had a briefcase with him. He explained that he was from Skills Train and that he was responding to an enquiry I had apparently made on the internet about doing a CISCO course.

I have filled out a form before asking for a brochure on CISCO courses, but I was not expecting a salesman to call. His name was Tony Brown. He gave me a business card with his name on it and it also said, 'Multimedia Computer Training Ltd. working with Skills Train'.

Anyway, I invited him in and we discussed the CISCO course. He said it caost £2700.

I explained to him my personal circumstances; I was recently made redundant and so was currently unemployed, I had no savings I could spare, and I was bankrupt and so I could not get a loan/finance to do the course.

He said that he could make an enquiry immediately on his mobile phone to see if he could get me finance with a company that Skills Train often use called Career Development Finance Ltd.

As we sat there in my living room he asked me for proof that I had a bank account and like an idiot I showed him my bank debit card. He then ran this finance company who, to my surprise, approved me if I wanted the loan.

I said I wasn't interested in the course at the moment and that I was not really interested in getting a loan.

I told him that I would have to think about it for a couple of weeks. He told me that I could contact him at any time on his direct line 08450 777770. He told me to call him if I decided to do the course, and he also said that he would call me in a couple of days to see if I had made my mind up.

Then, before he left he pulled the fraud/con trick on me. I feel so ridiculous now.

He asked me to quickly complete a maths/logic questionnaire to see if I was intelligent enough to do the CISCO course. There were 20 questions on the test and I completed them in a minute correctly. As I handed this sheet back to him, he quickly asked me to sign a 'DATA PROTECTION FORM' which he explained just proved he had visted me and I accepted he wouldn't pass my details on to anyone. To be honest, I signed it without really looking. I was a fool and a victim.

He left my house at 2.30pm. I sat and thought about the course and decided that it wasn't really something I wanted to do.

Out of politeness and courtesy I rang him on the number he had given me to explain that I was not interested. This phone call was at 2.45pm. Imagine my surprise when the call went straight to the Skills Train call centre.

I spoke to an adviser called Ian Simpson who said that I had been enrolled on a course. He advised me that the only way to cancel was to write a recorded delivery letter to Skills Train at Hamilton House, 80-88 Collingdon Street, Luton, LU1 1RX. He said I had 21 days to cancel it.

Immediately I wrote a letter to them and to the finance company, Career Development Finanace Ltd, 56 Collingdon Street, Luton, LU1 5RX.

I explained in both letters than a salesman had fraudulently signed me up for a course and a loan. I explained that it was a con tirck and that I would be writing to Watchdog.

I posted the letters today at 3.30pm.

Then, because I couldn't stop thinking about it I rang Career Development Finanace Ltd on 08450 705706. I spoke to someone called Richard (would not tell me surname). He said that I have done the right thing by sending them a recorded delivery letter, but I would have to ring on Friday to confirm that everything was cancelled/not progressed.

Basically then, my story is that Skills Train sent a conman to my house called Tony Brown and then tricked me into enrolling on a course and fraudulently apply for a loan.

I am so angry. How many other victims are there. I see on a few forums on the internet I am not the only one to be conned by them.

Please report this to your local Trading Standards and keep on top of that letter you sent. Keep calling them and keep a note or r ecord each conversation. They should be put out of business.