Old Endowment Policy - Can Anyone Help

Guest Mumofthreeboys
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1987 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Mumofthreeboys

Well I'm going to court with the Woolwich and so feeling there was more money unlawfully taken I should go after our old endowment for mis-selling.

We were sold the policy by Hambro Guardian Assurance in March 1991 for £64,000 for our first house together.

Basically, they sent someone round to discuss the endowment and made it sound so good you couldn't turn it down....... it would pay off the mortgage and then some and we would have enough for a holiday, etc, etc.

We took out the policy, but in August 1992 stopped paying into it, as we just couldn't afford it.

So, I paid a visit to the Which? website and fired off the letter of 'complaint concerning advice received on endowment mortgage' on 22nd May giving them 14 daysto reply.

Got a letter back dated 8th June from Countrywide Assured saying 'that there were time limits that apply to complaints regarding the sale of endowment policies. These rules state that customers have three years to complain from the date they ought reasonably to have become aware they had grounds for believing the policy was mis-sold.

I note in August 1992 you ceased to pay any further premium to the policy and the policy subsequently lapsed. Had you been unhappy with not receiving a value or about the sale of the policy I feel you would have contacted us at that time'.

They have said they will not investigate my complaint and this is their final decision.

So, does anyone have any useful ammunition with which to hit them please - all comments welcome :)

Hi mum!

I would suggest another letter, outlining the fact that the policy was frozen/stopped due to your financial reasons, and not due to the performance of the policy at the time.

Refer them to their legal obligations to deal with a complaint properly and not to come back with excuses. Also, ask whether any actual deadline has passed, or whether it is just their opinion that you should have complained earlier.

It's my opinion that they don't give money back willingly (who does).

There also may be other avenues to go down, but start with the possible mis-selling

Barclays - £268 - Moneyclaim

Capital One - £172 - Moneyclaim

Abbey (2nd claim) - Moneyclaim

---------------------------------------------------

HSBC - £2164.46- PAID IN FULL

MBNA - £471 - PAID IN FULL

NatWest - £307 - PAID IN FULL

Abbey Business - £314.15 - PAID IN FULL

Guest Mumofthreeboys

gordonhall, thanks for your help. I have added your comments into my draft reply letter.

• 12 years later...

Hi

I had three endowments, two sold to me in April 1888 (sold by independent brokers who can't be traced now) and third in August 1989.

These were not needed and I had no dependants at the time.

They were sold in connection with mortgages.

All had major shortfall and the brokers never carried out any checks or risk Assessments.

I wrote to the companies but two of them said their brokers were independent and did not to abide by the law as the law came in effect in August 1988 and they have rejected the claims.

The last one in 1989 has also rejected as the small broker I think didn't give them any checks or risk Assessment as he never did any.

It was missold. And I did not at that time understand about endowment and was made to feel I should take it or I won't get the mortgage.

i wrote to the company but they have rejected as they want me to provide evidence what the broker said but I have not got the brokers notes!

All I have is my paperwork proof of payment and policy doc and letters of shortfall.

These policies are quite old and matured in 2012 and 2014.

Is there any hope

Or what's the way forward?

Would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

thread is +12yrs old

you wont get see here

start a new thread

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...