Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Default Advice? - claiming back a single unpaid item fee RBS

I wondered if there was a way to try and claim back a single fee (my first ever having been with RBSicon for 5 years). It was my own fault really as I didn't transfer money over to cover my DDicon early enough and so it went in the day after they tried to take the DD, but now I'm 38 short of the full amount due to the charge.

I tried calling the customer relation support team number but got the recorded message about the test case and how they aren't starting any more complaints... and even so it seems silly to start a complaint for one charge.

Any advice? What would other people do?