Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jan 2006

Blog Entries

Default RBS becoming "inventive" with your documents?

How trustworthy is your bank? | Money | The Guardian

It is clear that the document manipulation system introduced by RBSicon employee Jane Fraser produces documents which are neither a "copy" nor "true".

Is there any right-thinking person in the whole of the United Kingdom who would say that this new RBS practice is acceptable?

We do not condone debt avoidance merely by the exploitation of loopholes - but similarly we do not condone debt enforcement by the means of manufacturing certain elements and purporting to meet requirement put in place by a British Parliament

What does it say about the RBS and about British banking generally that this "creative" system has not only been introduced by the RBS but also officially lauded and congratulated.
    Would any bank admit to this kind of practice? Would the RBS have been prepared to talk about this openly in the absence of the leaked memo?

Draw your own conclusions.

Similar Threads:
    MAJOR UPGRADE - March - SEE ANNOUNCEMENTS

Warning: I use dictation software. Beware of homophones!
    Have you read our dealing with customer services guide?
    Please don't pm me about specific questions unless you have posted and it has not been dealt with or unless the matter is confidential.

All attribution rights and moral rights in my copyright work are asserted
    Advice & opinions of BankFodder, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.
    Follows
    Following

Default Re: RBS becoming "inventive" with your documents?

This is outrageous. I cant believe that the OFT actually appear to condone the position taken by RBSicon. I wrote to RBS about 18 months back for a copy of the agreement and in their first response they admitted that they couldnt supply a copy and had "discharged" the debt - I didnt even ask them to write it off.

I'm in a similar position with HSBC and trying to argue that I'm prepared to pay off the principal but not the interest they have charged over the last 7 years, ie. no agreement = no right to charge interest. They are not accepting and the fight goes on.

Interestingly, RBS and HSBC point blank refuse to remove Defaults they have filed against me.

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.
    Follows
    Following

Where's the morality in that??

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies
    Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by BankFodder View Post
    How trustworthy is your bank? | Money | The Guardian

It is clear that the document manipulation system introduced by RBSicon employee Jane Fraser produces documents which are neither a "copy" nor "true".

Is there any right-thinking person in the whole of the United Kingdom who would say that this new RBS practice is acceptable?

We do not condone debt avoidance merely by the exploitation of loopholes - but similarly we do not condone debt enforcement by the means of manufacturing certain elements and purporting to meet requirement put in place by a British Parliament

What does it say about the RBS and about British banking generally that this "creative" system has not only been introduced by the RBS but also officially lauded and congratulated.
    Would any bank admit to this kind of practice? Would the RBS have been prepared to talk about this openly in the absence of the leaked memo?

Draw your own conclusions.
    Check out the next installment in the Guardian tomorrow.

More phantom loans!

hmmmmmmmmmm.............. .....

Who on earth is going to recreate their documents now

http://news.aol.co.uk/largest-bank-to-shed-9000-jobs/article/20080418031909990002

Follows
    Following

bump

as you can see RBSicon was up to "no good" almost 300 years ago

what is it they say anbout leopards and spots ??

"Competition with the Bank of Scotland
    Competition between the Old and New Banks was fierce, and centred on the issue of banknotes. The policy of the Royal Bank was to either drive the Bank of Scotland out of business or to take it over on favourable terms.
    The Royal Bank built up large holdings of the Bank of Scotland's notes, which it acquired in exchange for its own notes, and then suddenly presented them to the Bank of Scotland for payment. To pay for these notes the Bank of Scotland was forced to call in its loans and, in March 1728, to suspend payments. The suspension relieved the immediate pressure on the Bank of Scotland at the cost of substantial damage to its reputation, and gave the Royal Bank a clear space to expand its own business, although the Royal Bank's increased note issue also made it more vulnerable to the same tactics.
    Despite talk of a merger with the Bank of Scotland, the Royal Bank did not possess the wherewithal to complete the deal. By September 1728 the Bank of Scotland was able to start redeeming its notes again, with interest, and in March 1729 it restarted lending. To prevent similar attacks in the future, the Bank of Scotland put an "option clause" on its notes, giving it the right to make the notes interest-bearing while delaying payment for six months; the Royal Bank followed suit. Both banks eventually decided that the policy they had followed was mutually self-destructive and a truce was arranged, but it still took until 1751 before the two banks agreed to accept each other's notes"

Does anyone have a copy of that internal memo by any chance?
    I am in the middle of this very problem.

Quote Originally Posted by mybrainhurts View Post
    Does anyone have a copy of that internal memo by any chance?
    I am in the middle of this very problem.

If you pm me your email i'll forward you a copy.

Paul

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />
    Winston Churchill
    Follows
    Following

So if a person does it, it's 'fraud', but if a bank does it it's 'thinking under pressure'.

Crazy.

Anyone who needs help with RBSicon & their 'reconstructed' documents should contact Paul Walton again a member of this site who may have further advice to give as a result of the Sunday Times ex'pose

I think this might have happened to me. My original debt was 13,000. I have been repaying 150.00 per month for 5 years. My debt is still 13,000. I'm about to stop paying as this could go on forever. Any advice would be welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Billywhiz View Post
    I think this might have happened to me. My original debt was 13,000. I have been repaying 150.00 per month for 5 years. My debt is still 13,000. I'm about to stop paying as this could go on forever. Any advice would be welcome.
    Confer with fellow members Mr Paul Walton or Sparkie as, after paying 150 for 5 years & still owing the same amount, it does appear you have been conned like them & they will be able to help & advise your next step 1 of which I think will be advising you to contact your MPicon

In the meantime until your ready to go to war continue to make the payments otherwise they will seek a charging order which can only complicate matters for you

I would take JonCris's advice ...BUT contact your MPicon immediately and tell him to have a word with Mr John Healey MP (Paul W's MP) & Andrew MIller MP ( my MP) who are completely aware of what RBSicon are doing...it looks as if you are another victim of RBS's " Router Accounting" system which is under investigation by those MP's and ....also The Sunday Times, contact Paul Walton by PM and give him your e-mail address and I would imagine you will be contacted by the Sunday Times journalists.

sparkie

Thanks for the advice everyone. It's such a relief that someone appears to be listening at last. I will contact my MP but I am ready to fight and I have plenty of documentary evidence to support my case. I have stopped my standing order but could someone tell me what a "charge" is and how it will affect me. I do not own any property and I am not married although I am living with my partner. Incidentally, I have asked the bank ,on three occasions over the years, to send me details of the charges and interest they have added to both accounts. The letters were sent by recorded delivery and with a postal order for the required account (I'm not allowed a chequebook because of this debt). RBSicon sent me records for the overdraft but not the loan account on the third time of asking.

You need to send a SARicon. Check out the CAGicon guide

The memo.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />
    Winston Churchill
    Follows
    Following

Wink Re: RBS becoming "inventive" with your documents?

Thanks Paul. I think this is going to be useful.

Has anybody used this memo as ammunition with RBSicon? I have a Mint card (was RBS Adavanta) from 1997 and the application form they sent me was not countersigned by RBS and I am thereofre going to write the standard letter back )also no 'overleaf' conditions as referred to in the declaration part.
    Also have an RBS card which I sent the CCA letter on 9th March - no reply at all so far. Should I wait 30 days until they are breaking the law, or should I write now?
    Also me & my husband both have Tesco Credit Cards (also RBS) and they look OK on the face of it except my husband's application has our old address pre-printed on it, so no mention of our address at the time of taking the card (March 2000). Also, no 'overleaf' details as above.
    My Tesco card looks moew watertight on the face of it, but has no overleaf terms either.
    All 3 of them sent me copy terms & condition leaflets from original tiem and current, so they are obviously trying to cover all bases now.
    Thanks very much x

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details