Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Default Bank of Scotland DPA letter

hi guys, tommorow i will be sending my request for transactions/charges for the past six years. i look forward to my reply. Has anyone else had success in receiving this information, and if so are there any related charges. thanks.

Similar Threads:

Hi there i have only sent off for mine today too i made sure it was sent recorded delivery and set a reminder on my email calender for approx a week before the 40 day period is up

after reading the scottish civil court link in the libraryicon, it has come to my attention i will be required to issue two claims, as the amount i want back is for over 750. when i send my letter to the bank should i ask for the full amount, and if i have no success, submitt a claim for say, the last two years charges. can anyone help with this?

Hi there i am sure i read in the libraryicon part of this site that it is possible and best to have separate claims in Scotland as the amount for small claimsicon court is so small. That's what i am going to do if you ask your bank for a list of charges then you can use them up to the value of 750 then for your next claim carry on from where you stopped - hope this makes sense!

would you make simaltaneous(sp) claims to cover the full amount, or submit them chronologically one after the other as each one is settled? Iam waiting for my DPA request to be answered, but my rough estimate from the statements I have is over 1400.
    What is the next level up from the sherriffs small claimicon court? I have skimmed through the scottish courts site, but came to no definite conclusion. :?

Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jan 2006

Blog Entries

You wouldn't have read that it was possible to divide your claim. You would have read that we don't really know and that it could be tried.
    So try it, but do them one at a time because of you try to do them al at the same time then they might try to consolidate the claim.
    (You might have read that too.)

MAJOR UPGRADE - March - SEE ANNOUNCEMENTS

Warning: I use dictation software. Beware of homophones!
    Have you read our dealing with customer services guide?
    Please don't pm me about specific questions unless you have posted and it has not been dealt with or unless the matter is confidential.

All attribution rights and moral rights in my copyright work are asserted
    Advice & opinions of BankFodder, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.
    Follows
    Following

Default result

Well the DPA letter has certainly made the bank jump.. i put in my DPA letter personally to the bank 2 days ago requesting statements from june 2000 and recieved 2004's statements today by post , didnt expect anything that quick ... dunno where 2000-2003 and 2005-2006 are but i will find out monday when i go over.. :? .

good luck to all !!

malcolm_s

Angry Re: Bank of Scotland DPA letter

Hello There, sorry we cannot report much success yet - our original request was served and started running from 12th March.

As of today 6th June, we have had the following response:

Out of 9 accounts, we have received PARTIAL data for ONE. We have served legal notice of default, recorded delivery reminders, still precious little. We have had requests to prove identity (by post, to our accepted business address!) WELL after the 40-day limit. I am currently investigating the court option. I've also now appending a request for their CTI telephony log (which will prove harassment) - don't expect anything to come from that initially either!

I'm about to draft notice to the various authorities, but I suspect Court or the Police will be the only way. I hope to speak to the Police tomorrow as there is the possibility they may have some Jurisdiction.

Anyone been down this route with halifaxicon/BOS in Scotland before?

Good luck, and keep us posted!

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details