US debt collector for Natwest

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5929 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What are my rights regarding debt collection? I know overseas is a tricky area, but does anyone have general advice?

I believe this debt comes from an overdraft and excessive fees but I have not had a statement for a number of years.

The balance is claimed to be about GBP5000 and the debt collection would like 85% in a repayment program. I tried to request a full statement of the account. They eventually said they could provide this but would then want 100% of the debt. I negotiated them to 60% with a lump sum payment.

Should I take the offer and then try to claim a fee refund from Natwest? Or would that not be possible?

Thanks

They cannot try and upsell the settlement figure because you ask for a copy of the statements. I would send a SAR to Natwest, notify them that you place the account in dispute and take it from there. I do know friends in the US (I am an American in the UK) who have had similar problems and eventually got the settlement figures down to less than 30%.