WON!! Egg Smashed £900

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5595 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya

EGG Credit Card - Won - £900 - 22days from data protection to money in account.

Well, cant believe it but i Won, changed the letters a bit using the MOC template and another all in one, seemed to have worked, money in my account this morning!!!!

No MCOL, no FOS, just letters.......

So keep it up everybody

Andy

Joy to the world!

What a story for the New Year, very well done, winner number 82.

PS. Andrew, at this momentous time in the Reclaim Movement with the OFT Test Case already under way on 17th January 2008, would you consider sharing the text of your most effective letter? The speed of your success has not been seen since the glory days of March-July 2007.

The Customer Relations Office

Egg plc

Riverside Road

Pride Park

Derby

DE99 3GG

Dear Gugu Dlamini,

Re. Account number:

Thank you for your recent letter dated 09/01/08.

I have great respect for Egg's Genuine Pre-estimate of £20.I have great respect for Egg's Genuine Pre-estimate of £16.I have great respect for all future Genuine Pre-estimates.

As a cardholder you cannot help wondering, if after 15 years in business Egg has ever tried to reconcile Pre-estimates against Post-event audits.

I am confident that a company devoted to justice and truth like Egg will not withhold evidence from the cardholder, that Egg will present evidence in court to show after-the-event costs, as well as before-the-event Genuine Pre-estimates

I am afraid I must decline your offer to reduce the penalty charges levied on my account to £12 and the credit of £xx to my account.

In your letter you say that you do not agree with my legal analysis in regards to the penalty charges you have levied from my account, yet you have given no reason as to why. I have explained clearly the views of both myself and the law regarding penalty charges. Once again I invite you to show me that the charges imposed on my account are a true reflection of your costs. I require a detailed breakdown of what actions are necessary to make up such costs & how you arrive at the sum charged.

I will not accept any goodwill payment that is less than the full amount requested.

To make my position clear, I refuse to accept £xx as settlement in any way in relation to my request. I will continue to pursue the full amount of £xx as originally requested through a court if necessary.

If you would like to pay the outstanding amount of £xx, within the next 7 days, I will consider the matter closed.

Should you choose to ignore or refuse this final request, I ask you not to credit my account with £xx or any other amount, and to withdraw it if you have already done so. I will then take the matter to a county court without further notice where the legalities can be properly examined and a just resolution can be obtained.

Yours sincerely

• 11 months later...