Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Default Declined Chequebook (royalties account)

I went in on the 3rd of January to open a royalties account with a 500 OD which went all fine, they asked me questions, I answered etc.

I have reached the OD limit but haven't gone over it and I have been told that on the 4th January when my highline card and cheque book were requested. The cheque book wasn't authorised. They said they are going to investigate and might be be because no money has been put in the account yet, but I don't want to start paying in my salary until I have my card pin number and my cheque book.

Can anyone offer some advice as to why my cheque book may have been declined if it has.

When I signed the agreement papers it said nothing about their being any problem with chequebooks and paying in.

P.S

ONe thing to note is that I have a 1300 debt with BofS which is beacuse of using my cheque book too much, but surely they can't see that with a credit cheque and I answered all the questions RBSicon asked me truthfully