Newbie here a little help forum please!

kath30
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1877 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there i have been reading all the posts and i am amazed i never knew half of this! I have been charged a total of £750 in the last year which i am going to claim for as under Scottish law that is the highest amount to get through the small claims court if this is successfull i will then start proceedings for the other 5 years. Can anyone tell me if i am on the right forum for BOS?

Ta and good luck to you all

Hi there i have read the FAQ's and sorry if i am being stupid but i have taken it that i can use all the same proceedures to claim back my bank charges the only difference is that the small claims court amount is much lower (£750) than England? Can i still use the same forms and quote same references which are noted in the library? When are the Scottish FAQ's coming out?

Last but not least has anyone got any money back from scottish bank

I appreciate your advice thanks

No - different court forms. Templates etc are OK.

There is a link in the library to the Scottish Courts service

I have just read the FAQs:- reference 76rjK4rE4

Hi there,

I have also read the FAQs and I'm still confused - is it right that in Scotland we can only claim back up to £750? I find this really disappointing.

If this is the case and I think I am due £1,500ish over the last 5 years - which charges should I claim for - the most recent charges or the ones from 2001-2003 or does it not really matter?

This £750 exactly would wipe out my overdraft completly to the penny so is definitely worth doing. I have all my statements so I guess (once I get an answer to this thread) - I have to send the first letter out?

Thanks for your help

scottishspendaholic

In Scotland you can only claim up to £750 through the Small Claims process, but using the "Summary Cause" process you can claim up to £1500. The Summary Cause is similair to the Small Claims process, in that you don't need a solicitor to implement it, though it is higher risk as I think there is a much higher limit on expenses claimed.

Still, worth a go though.

You can get all the information from

http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/sheriff/summary_cause/index.asp

I hope that is of help. Good luck!

Smile £315 Paid In Full March 2006 (no court action)

MBNA £2600 Paid In Full May 2006 (no court action)

HBOS £5800 Paid in Full August 2006 (action raised but not defended)

Morgan Stanley £585 Paid In Full August 2006 (no court action)

scottishspendaholic

Can you start your own thread and not hijack other people's please

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1877 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks