Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Default Newbie here a little help forum please!

Hi there i have been reading all the posts and i am amazed i never knew half of this! I have been charged a total of 750 in the last year which i am going to claim for as under Scottish law that is the highest amount to get through the small claimsicon court if this is successfull i will then start proceedings for the other 5 years. Can anyone tell me if i am on the right forum for BOS?
    Ta and good luck to you all

Similar Threads:

You are, but you have not read the FAQ's yet have you - you naughty girl!

Advice & opinions of Dave and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.
    Follows
    Following

Default Read FAQ's still confused - help

Hi there i have read the FAQ's and sorry if i am being stupid but i have taken it that i can use all the same proceedures to claim back my bank charges the only difference is that the small claimsicon court amount is much lower (750) than England? Can i still use the same forms and quote same references which are noted in the libraryicon? When are the Scottish FAQ's coming out?
    Last but not least has anyone got any money back from scottish bank
    I appreciate your advice thanks

Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jan 2006

Blog Entries

No - different court forms. Templates etc are OK.
    There is a link in the libraryicon to the Scottish Courts service

MAJOR UPGRADE - March - SEE ANNOUNCEMENTS

Warning: I use dictation software. Beware of homophones!
    Have you read our dealing with customer services guide?
    Please don't pm me about specific questions unless you have posted and it has not been dealt with or unless the matter is confidential.

All attribution rights and moral rights in my copyright work are asserted
    Advice & opinions of BankFodder, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.
    Follows
    Following

Default 76rjK4rE4

I have just read the FAQs:- reference 76rjK4rE4

Hi there,

I have also read the FAQs and I'm still confused - is it right that in Scotland we can only claim back up to 750? I find this really disappointing.

If this is the case and I think I am due 1,500ish over the last 5 years - which charges should I claim for - the most recent charges or the ones from 2001-2003 or does it not really matter?

This 750 exactly would wipe out my overdraft completly to the penny so is definitely worth doing. I have all my statements so I guess (once I get an answer to this thread) - I have to send the first letter out?

Thanks for your help

scottishspendaholic

In Scotland you can only claim up to 750 through the small claimsicon process, but using the "Summary Cause" process you can claim up to 1500. The Summary Cause is similair to the small claimsicon process, in that you don't need a solicitor to implement it, though it is higher risk as I think there is a much higher limit on expenses claimed.

Still, worth a go though.

You can get all the information from

http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/sheriff...ause/index.asp

I hope that is of help. Good luck!

Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jan 2006

Blog Entries

scottishspendaholic

Can you start your own thread and not hijack other people's please

MAJOR UPGRADE - March - SEE ANNOUNCEMENTS

Warning: I use dictation software. Beware of homophones!
    Have you read our dealing with customer services guide?
    Please don't pm me about specific questions unless you have posted and it has not been dealt with or unless the matter is confidential.

All attribution rights and moral rights in my copyright work are asserted
    Advice & opinions of BankFodder, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details