Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Default RBS student OD A/C - New claims - how far can we go?

Hiya

I am beginning the process of claiming and after lots of reading up on the website have just about figured the process out. I know about the test case and that at the moment claims have been put to one side until further notice. However, some have said to submit the case so to get the benefit of the 6 yearsicon of bank charges.

My question is, once the SARicon has been sent to my banks, and the CCA to the DCAicon have been sent,how far can we go? I mean once I have calculated how much I am owed in charges (believe me it is a fair amount), can I get straight on with the preliminary letter? How much of the process can be completed while the test case is running?

Cheers

x

Similar Threads:

Default Re: RBS student OD A/C - New claims - how far can we go?

You can go right upto filing your claim at court ..... using the N1 direct to your court once a defence is submitted however this is where your case will most likely be stayed ........ but you will then be in the 'system' ready for when the test case is sorted

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum
    FAQ
    Forum rules
    Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.
    Follows
    Following

Calculate your charges and get reclaiming.
    Remember to claim for everything you can prove, so if you have 10 years worth of statements include them ALL.
    At the end of the day it's up to the banks to show we can't claim further than 6 yearsicon anyway.

Send a S.A.R to the bank and a dispute notice to the DCAicon telling them that you are disputing the debt due to charges.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too
    Follows
    Following

wow - you guys are fast!

Ok so the dispute letter to the debt collectorsicon (BCW), can the CCA I am sending be classed as a dispute letter? I have printed off 2 letters for them which I was going to post tomorrow, a CCA Request letter, and another saying that I will cease payments and to hold any action on my account whilst it is in dispute. (I began paying to get them off my back, paid 1500 in one year, another 2100 to go - ridiculous RBSicon charges).

Is that enough to be getting on with while I wait for my statements come through?

Thanks x

oh and another quickie, should I sign the letters or just leave my name typed at the bottom (simple question I know, just wondering what's best o do).

Thanks again

Sign it for the OC, but print for the DCAicon.

Follows
    Following

OC? do you mean the SARicon requests?

Sorry shorthand.
    OC - Original Creditor so Bank, card, etc
    DCA - debt collectionicon Agent

Follows
    Following

as far as I am aware, the DCAicon are solely dealing with the RBS account. I have, however, prepared a SARicon letter for RBS. Do I need to send anything else to RBS while I am waiting to get my statements? do I need to send them a CCA too?

Sorry for all the questions!

Rule of thumb.
    DCAicon - CCA
    SARicon - OC

In this case SAR the OC and tell the DCA you are disputing the account due to charges.
    They MUST back off as this would contravene the OFT collection guidelines otherwise.

Follows
    Following

you are a gem thank you

No problems, it's what we do

Follows
    Following

Default Rbs Charged Me At Least 1800 In Fees

Hi

Just looking for someone to talk me through this as you guys have obviously had experience with RBSicon. Now then, I had a student account with RBS whilst at uni. My overdraft was 1800, and being a student, i used most if not all of it. HOWEVER, I also have another 1800 worth of charges, I am paying back a total of 3600 (disgusting!).

RBS passed my account onto BCW debt collectorsicon, I'm assuming they sold my account off to them as I have not heard a peep from RBS and they put a default on my credit file. I have been paying 70/month, on a regular basis, for just over a year now, and still have 2100 to pay.

I have began the process of sending off for statements/cca to the DCA.

Can the DCA chase me while I am waiting for the statements? I have explained that I will not resume payments on the account until the matter is cleared up as the account is a result of bank charges, after I have received the CCA, and asked that they take no action on the account for at least 28 days. Do you think that's ok?

Has anyone else had a similar experience ?

Thanks x

Default Re: Rbs Charged Me At Least 1800 In Fees

Hiya minichedda, you have queried your account and disputed the balance so the only way the Bank or the DCAicon can enforce their claim is by commencing legal proceedings against you for recovery and the longer they leave it the closer you will be to issuing your own proceedings for recovery of your charges.

I would recommend as soon as you have worked out the total value of the charges and interest they have taken from your account you pay any difference to leave just your claim value outstanding.

Most DCA's will try to recover any balance they have on their books but they have no legal backing to do this until they have successfully taken you to court.

pete

Default Re: Rbs Charged Me At Least 1800 In Fees

Thanks pete that makes sense, shouldn't be much to pay back as I've paid 1500 and might be able to work out that their total charges leaves them owing me some money anyway

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details