Anybody Fancy Some Fun ?

surreyscouse
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had an ongoing dispute with this bunch of wasters for 6 months now. They increased my credit card rate by 7% so I told them to transfer the outstanding balance straight onto a loan. I was asking for no more money, I just wanted to clear the outstanding amount and structure the payments so they couldn't alter the interest rate. Anyway, they declined to do this so I reported them to the FOS who wrote today and informed me they agree with MBNA so I am left with the extortionate interest rate on the card.

SO, I have requested all of my statements etc last Wednesday. I am going to get ALL of my credit cards charges back (or refunded to card) and then tell the whole world about it so everybody can do it ! Oh, and as for a secrecy agreement, yeah, I'll sign it just as soon as they get rid of the whole amount outstanding on the card and pay for a full on jolly for me and the family !

As I say - THIS IS WAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

During my recent telephone conversation with the advocates office at MBNA, I was informed of how their default system works. It goes like this:

Your account goes into default at the end of the month in which it is 180 days in arrears. So, if you missed your first payment on say 15th January, your account will be defaulted at the end of July. I was amazed to hear this as I always thought it was after three months of non-payment.

Just in case you were wondering. So when you think you HAVE to pay them, just remember you probably have a bit more time than you think.

Hello Mustard,

The secrecy thing is quite true. You will probably come accross it in a few other threads. Basically it's a bit of hush hush money. What the bank do not want is to pay you back say £500 charges and then you go telling the world etc that you had them refunded and they everybody tries to claim money back thus costing them a fortune in refunds. They would much rather pay you a higher amount of say £1000 to keep your mouth shut.

{{MODERATED}}

MOD NOTE: The Consumer Action Group does not condone, nor encourages the breach of legally binding agreements, and mods will remove any post that seems to encourage people to do so.

Email from MBNA in response to DPA request

Mr surreyscouse,

Please accept my apologies for not replying to you earlier.

I have arranged for the last 12 months' statements to be sent to you immediately. However, as statements produced prior to this period are archived, we are currently awaiting their availability. Please rest assured that we are dealing with the matter with the utmost priority and will endeavour to send the required documentation, along with a further copy of the terms and conditions of your agreement, as soon as they are available.

Kind Regards

Gavin Theobald

These were ordered 2 weeks ago and I was informed that they take a week to process. I chased them last week and was told that all the info will be sent to me this week.

"Utmost priority" - they don't even know the meaning of the word !

Email from MBNA in response to DPA request

Mr surreyscouse,

Please accept my apologies for not replying to you earlier.

I have arranged for the last 12 months' statements to be sent to you immediately. However, as statements produced prior to this period are archived, we are currently awaiting their availability. Please rest assured that we are dealing with the matter with the utmost priority and will endeavour to send the required documentation, along with a further copy of the terms and conditions of your agreement, as soon as they are available.

Kind Regards

Gavin Theobald

These were ordered 2 weeks ago and I was informed that they take a week to process. I chased them last week and was told that all the info will be sent to me this week.

"Utmost priority" - they don't even know the meaning of the word !

Hmmm!

Maybe, they are being sent by MBNA USA from their Archives by -

United States Postal Service International Priority Mail?

because MBNA statements over 5 years old are stored in the USA.

More than likely, it is a delaying tactic.

However, at least this is something positive and hopefully your will receive you ammunition shortly.

Kind thoughts

Angry cat

What a bunch of waster. Paid this lot over £500 last month and they have had the cheek to put a £25 fee on my statement even though I told the advocates office when I will be making payment and the reason I would be a day late in doing so (I don't live or work anywhere near an Abbey bank to make the payment).

I have decided that I do not want them to refund my charges. Instead I want them to fob me off as much as they like and I will see them in court.

Furthermore, once judgement is obtained, I do not want them to pay me so I can send the bailiffs in. And I will drive to the other end of the country just to watch them go in. I would probably ask the bailiffs to seize their computer server so they cannot trade ! Unlikely I know, but gotta have something to spice things up a bit !

Will keep you all posted.

I Am A Nutter !!!!!!

Is a chap called Bruce Hammonds. email is [email protected] just is case you feel like bombarding sorry contacting him by email. Based in the States. You will get an initial response telling you his office will take no action. But if you copy him in on enough emails then his office does contact the UK and tells them to sort it out quick !

I personally copy him in on any old email I send to MBNA. Apparently he gets quite a lot of marketing emails from firms trying to sell you anything and everything. Don't know how that happened ;)

I Am A Nutter !!!!!!

Typical Scouser ! :)

Good luck.

If you have found this post (or any other post) useful ensure you click on the scales in the top right of that post to give credit where credit is due.:D

DO YOU HAVE A WEBSITE AND WANT TO PROVIDE A VALUABLE LINK TO THIS FORUM ? Go to this thread:-http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=52854

As ever, with (I believe most if not) all advice given on this website, I am not qualified to give any advice and you are duly warned that any decisions are your own decisions made on your own account and no liability will be accepted for any advice followed ! Use your own judgment.

Seek advice of a qualified, insured, professional if you have any doubts.

HOLD ON....Surreyscouse!

I have paid MBNA so much money, whilst the FOS were investigating my MBNA complaint, just to stop them from registering a default on my CRA-

Of course, all my payments were marked "In Good faith but under Protest" "Without Prejudice" and all the time I have a legitimate complaint- Don't forget they fined me 25 times in 52 months, whilst I had a Disability insurance claim in place and basically not in charge or the 'Remit'

If you miss a payment or go over limit, the MBNA computer classifies you as a 'Risk' and the MBNA adopts the ' International Default Policy" and it doesn't seem to matter if the alleged amount owed is in "DISPUTE" or whatever !?

What happened next, they jacked up my interest rate to 24.9% ! Nice...

and as soon as I decided not to be coerced into paying anymore money because of their constant Collections letters, money that I cannot afford, plus the Unlawful penalty issue, because they (MBNA) owe me money, combined with my dispute issue-

what happens - Yes, they start to fine you again with £25 penalties.

I personally have written to them again today protesting at their UNFAIR PRACTICES!

However, Surreyscouse KEEP CALM-

as Bookworm says "Revenge is best served up, on a cold plate"

I am not a great lover of the "charmers" at MBNA. Of course, they have all been to the same Charm School and even across the pond MBNA probably have the worst name for Consumer Relations - George Bush LOVES MBNA $$$

Take Care of Yourself

angry cat

Don't worry, I'll keep calm and will watch these wasters squirm and I will just stick to my deadlines. Apparently all my DPA stuff was getting sent 1st class yesterday. Last time they sent something first class it took ten days to arrive so I', not holding my breath.

I will take it all in my stride but erm............... I can still be a nutter can't I ?

Well most banks do anyway !

Name MBNA EUROPE BANK LIMITEDNumber02783251 Active CCJ's2 Value of CCJ's [£]£2077 Number Of Writs0 YearCCJ's RegisteredWrits Registered 200520 200410 200310 DateCourtAmountStatusCase NumberDate Paid18/05/2005NORTHAMPTON CCBC£5096Satisfied5QZ2092421/06/2005 23/02/2005BRENTFORD£1048Judgment5BF00376 03/08/2004MIDDLESBROUGH£2855Satisfied4MB0345608/09/2004 15/08/2003WATFORD£1029JudgmentWD304526

Don't ask where I get my info from !

Right, the wasters have just sent 11 statements. They said their archive ones for the previous 5 years were being sent 1st class yesterday so should hopefully be adding things up over the next few days before I get into gear and hound them.

I can't wait !

Hi surreyscouse !

Well 11 statements is a start-

I thinkl that you will have to be very patient for the the other ones, as I believe that statements over 5 years old, are stored in the US.

However, I will be very pleased for you if I am proved wrong - Still USPS International Priority Mail is probably faster than Royal Mail !?

And...

Yes, of course you can be "A NUTTER" LOL-

because, if we couldn't find humour in all of this then we would all end up in the proverable 'NUT HOUSE'.

Incidentally, I have just received an application form through the post for...

guess what?

an MBNA Platinum Plus Card - INSTANT DECISION - a SMART move - applying is so easy!!

Yeah Right

Keep your friends close but keep your enemies even closer

Meeeoowww

angry cat

I think their contract says that your information can be carried across and stored on servers based in the USA. I know many companies like this set up UK businesses and comply with UK law but still have their servers in the us. Paypal, ebay, amazon and other major us company's are the same.

MBNA - £592.50 Settled in full

Halifax - Filed for £409.50 Settled in full

Capital One - £40 Settled in full

Cahoot - £60 Settled in full

CitiBank Card - Data Protection Act to be sent

EGG - Deciding what to do about being scammed on PPI

Update,

Received almost six years worth of statements on Saturday. I say almost as the wasters forgot to include six statements. They also never sent through file notes to see if there has been any manual intervention. So far it stands at just over £300. On one occasion they charged me £20 for being 4p over my limit.

I have chased them for the missing stuff but I really have the bit between my teeth now !

Wasters !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate MBNA with a passion. We had a credit card with them for about 8 years with no problems (they kept upping the limit on a whim) THEN my hubby was made redundant and we could only pay the minimum and were one month behind all the time.

They refused our pleas for a payment plan and kept ringing chasing payment. The called me to chase payment on the day my mum died.

Anyway they charged us an extortionate amount during that time and they are next on my hit-list after I've dealt with Nationwide. :wink:

Argos Employee

Anything I say is my own opinion and in no way am I a representative of Argos Ltd, Home Retail Group plc or any of its companies. No terms are created, nor liability accepted by myself or the for-mentioned companies for any personal advice I provide in my posts.

That's terrible. an't believe they wouldn't accept a payment plan. I am convinced that the blokes there have small man syndrome and being nasty to customers is the only feeling they get of any power.

I wish you well, don't let the wasters get you down !

• Confused 1

Thanks.

Every time they phoned they were snotty to us and didn't want to know when I asked them how I was supposed to pay them and support 4 people with my part-time job. I could cheerfully set fire to their offices with them all in residence!

We paid off our account 3 years ago and thankfully have no dealings with them anymore - UNTIL I hit them with my court claim! Ha ha.

Argos Employee

Anything I say is my own opinion and in no way am I a representative of Argos Ltd, Home Retail Group plc or any of its companies. No terms are created, nor liability accepted by myself or the for-mentioned companies for any personal advice I provide in my posts.

Update !

Email response from MBNA, they cannot provide the missing statements due to technical reasons so how am I supposed to find ou what charges were added at that time ? Or should I just make an assumption that there were charges on each of those statements and add it to my claim ?

Head is buzzing, please help ! :-x

Update !

Email response from MBNA, they cannot provide the missing statements due to technical reasons so how am I supposed to find ou what charges were added at that time ? Or should I just make an assumption that there were charges on each of those statements and add it to my claim ?

Head is buzzing, please help ! :-x

IMHO I would report them to the Information Commissioner and then either claim for the maximum amount you have been charged per month or the average charge. (probably the maximum charge but depends on how lucky you feel !:D )

If you have found this post (or any other post) useful ensure you click on the scales in the top right of that post to give credit where credit is due.:D

DO YOU HAVE A WEBSITE AND WANT TO PROVIDE A VALUABLE LINK TO THIS FORUM ? Go to this thread:-http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=52854

As ever, with (I believe most if not) all advice given on this website, I am not qualified to give any advice and you are duly warned that any decisions are your own decisions made on your own account and no liability will be accepted for any advice followed ! Use your own judgment.

Seek advice of a qualified, insured, professional if you have any doubts.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks