• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Link and old Lloyds Credit Card

odds
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 614 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wrote to the CC Office in Brighton on 8th November, after taking advice from CCCS.

I used a template supplied by them and explained my situation.

I also included an expenditure sheet.

They failed to respond to this,

I sent another copy to Financial Management Units regarding my CC.

This letter was accompanied with one about my personal loan and was sent on 23rd November.

I have had a response about my loan but nothing about my CC, so they obviously have the letter.

Now I have just received my latest bill saying last months payment wasn't made and they want it.

Why would they not reply to my letter ?

Do I need to send it again ?

How can you make these people sit up and bloody listen ?

You are always advised to contact your debtors straightaway, which I have done. My problem is they wont reply !!!! :mad:

Pete.

Hi odds,

Welcome to the CAG. If you having financial problems with DCA`s or bully banks then your in the right place. There are lots of good people on here with the same and worse problems than you and they all chip together to help each other out.

You can`t make Lloyds sit up and listen, because they are morons, it`s as simple as that.

May I ask when you took the Credit Card out? I mean, how old is the card? I`m in the same position as you, but I haven`t made payments for a few months now, as they have ignored my CCA request.

You should send these morons a CCA request -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

You need letter `N` and also include a £1 Postal Order to cover the request fee. Send it Recorded Delivery or Special Delivery if your funds stretch, or you could even take your addressed envelope into your local Lloyds TSB Branch and hand it over, make sure you get a receit for it.

They have 12+2 days to fulfill your request, after that they are in Default and you can legally stop payments. If they haven`t fulfilled your request after a further 30 calendar days they have then commited a Criminal Offence and you can report them to Trading Standards, The Office Of Fair Trading and The Financial Ombudsman Service, who will charge these morons £400 for investigating your complaint.

DO NOT SIGN your letter, only print your name. They may not have a signed Credit Agreement and you don`t want to give them your signature to copy and paste.

Also, from now on, DO NOT SPEAK to them on the phone, everything must be in writing and keep a copy of all letters sent and received.

If they turn up with a CCA, then you could scan it up on here (excluding private information) for others to check, it may be invalid.

As I mentioned earlier, LLoyds are a bully bank and there are a lot of people on here with a lot of problems with them.

I CCA`d them a few months ago, and they have totally blanked my request. They even used the £1 to pay towards the Credit Card. They are still demanding money from me and have started the nastly threatograms. But, they are now in Criminal ground, so every move they make against me builds my defense. I haven`t paid them for around 3-4 months now, and if they do turn up with a valid CCA, I will defend on Unlawfull charges and missold PPI.

I think that`s all for now, no doubt someone with more knowledge and experience will be along soon to guide you on your way.

I hope this helps, if so, please click the scales at the bottom of your window, thanks.

I`ll watch with great interest.

You`ve already made the best move you can, by coming on here.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Regards

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Hi again,

One more thought, how old is your loan. You can CCA loans also.

Remember, if they don`t have a valid CCA, then you can legally stop payments and that will put you in the driving seat with these muppets. Of course they will still bully and intimidate you but can`t make you pay without a CCA. Of course, this is if your CC and load are under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and not the new 2006 Act.

Remember, everything in writing now!

Regards

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Hi barneydouble,

You`ve just reminded me actually about using a different bank account.

Yes, you should also setup a new account with another bank now, this will stop them taking any money you have.

Have you also CCA`d them barney? Perhaps you should start your own thread on this.

Regards

N.P

Thanks for the replies people. I'm not looking for any technicalities to get out of the debt. I am unable to work temporarily due to me waiting for a heart operation. All I wanted from them was a few months grace till I have the op and then reassess the situation. The loan is only 2 yrs old and I still owe 7.5k. I've had the CC longer and that has 9.5k on it.

I'm going to look into Bankruptcy if they keep giving me the runaround and then they will get sod all.

Pete.

Hi odds,

We`re not suggesting you use this information to get out of debt, more like to take control of it.

you say you need a few months grace while you get yourself sorted out. That may be the case, but everyone knows the chances of the Bank being NICE to you is very slim. They are more likely to lash you with missed payment charges and higher interest than to try and help you.

Bankruptcy is the VERY BOTTOM line, you have a long way to go before you hit rock bottom.

As you have already found out, the Bank has completely blanked your communications, so you should think of other ways to tackle this.

I have been with TSB (Lloyds TSB) for 22 years and they have never helped me once, lashed with charges when things went pear shaped but tried to help by offering me a £25,000 loan to get out of debt, yeah, right.

You could try the CCA route and if they don`t have the correct documents, it would totally put the ball in your court, where you could keep it for a while.

I`m sure others on here will have their own opions on this also.

Keep fighting.

Regards

N.P

Hi odds,

No worries mate. I know exactly what you mean. I used to be the most honest guy around, always paying my way and helping others when I can, but as soon as you start having problems with money, for whatever reason, the Banks don`t seem to care. They just want you money and nothing else.

It`s a known fact that Britain is pretty much bankrupt, but who`s fault is that. I`d say the Banks and Lenders for irresponsible lending, and then bombarding us with loans and credit cards.

We can`t tell you what to do, but maybe it`s time that you fought back. The thing, we are all acting in a legal manner, it`s the Banks and DCA`s that often go over the line, with their threatening and intimidating manner.

Any time you feel you need to talk and get anything off your chest, you know where to find us.

Stop worrying, you`ll find lots of advice in here and also make new friends along the way.

Regards

N.P

Lloyds are the hardest one I think. We have ongoing battle on current account where they actually owe us £1K in charges more than we owe them. Every time we get nasty letter they get one back. Think we need to issue proceedings to get rid.

Credit card - still waiting for CCA since June last year and they have sent us set of statements and think they have complied. I am actually bored with the series of threatograms and have stopped replying.

I agree with you NP about irresponsible lending - it is my pet subject - my credit card limits were increased massively by the same banks I was in difficulties with and when I put it all on spreadsheets I had long since repaid the capital borrowed.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Stop worrying, you`ll find lots of advice in here and also make new friends along the way.

Regards

N.P

Cheers Mate

You couldn't lend me 17k could you old mate ;)

4 Calls again today, last 2 were at 20:15, one of them to my mobile.

Is it right to ignore these calls as I have told them to communicate in writing only. This was after just taking the first call off some stroppy bitch last Saturday. :mad:

I am also logging times and dates of calls, so that when they start getting picky they can have my log of calls.

Pete.

Pete.

Hi Goldlady,

Thanks for adding your own experiences. I personnaly think odds may need a kick start to get going with this one, so the more that joins in with their input, the better. I know I was nervous about taking on the DCA`s and Banks, but once you start you can`t see, to get enough of it, LOL.

Is your Credit Card with Lloyds TSB also? How old is your card? Are you still paying these muppets? Do you have a thread I can subb to?

Regards

N.P

Hi NP and Odds.

Glad to be of help if I can. I have no idea how old LTSB card is due to the fact that they can't find my agreement:D but think probably about 15-20 years old. No I am not paying them anything. Have similar situation with about five cards as well as this one.

18 months ago I was on the verge of declaring myself bankrupt, terrified to answer the phone, hassle from all and sundry. I would agree that once you overcome the fear and intimidation the DCAs throw at you it gives you the strength to sort out your life. It is now a game. After all I have got nothing to lose really, having spent many hours filling in my bankruptcy petition.

BANK CHARGES

Others

Hi odds,

There is a Telephone Harassement Template on this site somewhere, not sure where though, I can`t seem to find it. Does anyone know where this is?

Your probably best off NOT speaking to them from now on. Simply keep logging calls and times, they will soon give in if you don`t speak to them, we have ALL been through it. The calls WILL dwindle away.

Once you get the letter awy to them, and they still keep calling, you could then report the numpties to Trading Standards. Or, even start legal action if they are seriously annoying you. But remember, they are calling to bull**** you into paying loads of money you can`t afford, so you need to start your own ball rolling on this ASAFP.

Keep us posted mate.

Regards

N.P

Hi odds,

I`ve finally found what I was looking for. Have a read through this thread - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/99361-you-being-harassed-telephone.html

Also, you may like to fire off this letter to the empty heads that have nothing else in their life, other than to annoy the hell out of you -

MORONS COMPANY NAME

MORONS STREET

MORONS TOWN

MORONS CITY

MORONS POSTCODE

DATE HERE

Re: Harassment By Telephone

Administration Of Justice Act 1970

Protection From Harassment Act 1997, Communications Act (2003)

Dear Morons,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that we have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop on a number of occasions, yet we are still receiving calls.

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in WRITING ONLY.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office Of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be logged and recorded and used as evidence in any harassment action taken against you.

Yours faithfully,

ME (PRINT - DON`T SIGN)

Right, that should do the trick, anything else, just ask.

Regards

N.P

Even after such a short time on here I'm beginning now to realise that the Banks are quite happy to lend you money, and trust me I could afford it easily at the time so there is no blame on them in that respect. It's like you said, if it goes pear shaped they hang you out to dry.

Just as an interesting little point. When I went to the bank for this loan, I had about 3 months left on my previous one which I was paying off at the same rate per month. The guy actually said that the checks indicated I couldn't afford it, despite paying the same amount for the last 3 years. So he said "Never mind that, I'll overide it" :)

Anyway, the reason I am a bit wary of asking for CCAs and SARs is that I think that they will think I am getting a bit above my station and start getting even more bolshy with me :)

Thanks for your replies N.P, I feel a bit more at ease now :)

Pete.

Anyway, the reason I am a bit wary of asking for CCAs and SARs is that I think that they will think I am getting a bit above my station and start getting even more bolshy with me :)

Pete.

That is how they want you to feel and I really understand what you mean.

But you need to take a step back and realise that they preyed on you when you were vulnerable (as you explain above about not being able to afford the loan). Once the you know what hits the fan they will not care about you (if they ever did). Yes they will get bolshy, but they will anyway if you can't make the payments.

You can still ask for CCAs and SARs without stopping payments. I have done this with some of mine so I know where I stand should the happy time come when I can make them a full and final settlement offer.

BANK CHARGES

Others

Hi odds and Goldlady,

Glad to see your feeling better. You know, you don`t really have anything to lose by CCA`ing them. It seem`s your in trouble anyway whichever way you turn, so you might as well do things your way.

Whack a CCA request into them and see what they come up with. If they do come up with a valid one then fling a SAR at them to see if any unlawfull charges have been applied. Like I said, you have nothing to lose now. Let them know you know you ****, even if you don`t we are here to help you along the way. You will even start to enjoy the challenge once you fire off your first letter, beleive me. The days of the Banks and Debt Collectors bulling people are long gone, although they still try, LOL.

And, like Goldlady mentioned, they prayed on you when you were down and vulnerable, it`s all about money with them, and nothing else. Your just another statistic who owe`s money. To us, your a friend who need`s help. Just ignore all the bolshy crap, it`s just bully tactics and intimidation techniques.

Also, giving you another loan when they even said you couldn`t afford payments, well, what a bunch of muppets! They owe you an explanation as to why they are trying to trap you into debt.

Regards

N.P

• Haha 1

Also, giving you another loan when they even said you couldn`t afford payments, well, what a bunch of muppets! They owe you an explanation as to why they are trying to trap you into debt.

Regards

N.P

I know this is going to sound so naive and I am quite embarrased (sp) to ask. Will there be any record of that check and his decision to over ride the system, even though he was correct at the time ?

Pete.

Hi odds,

Yep, I`m still up, nothing else to do at this time of night. Sleeping is a waste of time, LOL.

Maybe a full SAR including any manual intervention would show the check up. If it doesn`t then maybe, they haven`t furnished you with full / all details.

A SAR would also show any unlawfull charges on the account.

Wether he was correct or not, he still went ahead and over rid the system to give you the loan, when the system clearly said you would struggle. To me, that is simply a case of giving you a loan in order to get even more out of you in the end. Perhaps, they didn`t have a valid agreement for the original loan and decided to get you to sign a proper agreement the second time around to cover themselves. It`s been known to happen.

Regards

N.P

Just had my first letter regarding my CC. Damn Post Office it is dated 21st December, but no post mark so I don't know when it was actually posted. This was from the Collections Centre in Andover, the same address as the Financial Management Unit.

So they have decided to totally ignore my other letters, which they most certainly received, regarding circumstances and token payment. Looks like I'm gonna have to send it again, registered this time. :mad:

Pete.

Hi odds,

Did you receive your letter this morning? Can you scan it up on here or type it out? Don`t forget to leave out the private details.

I beleive a Judge will say that if you posted your letters then they WILL have delivered, providing you have proof of postage.

Also, like I and others have said, Lloyds TSB are complete morons, who seem to think they are TOO BIG to act inside the law, so they just completely ignore anything you have to say or write.

It`s time for a CCA request, then they will have to replay in the correct manner in order for them to enforce the alleged debt. No CCA - Unenforcable Debt - Stale Mate (did I spell that properley?). That then puts you in a position to lead the way then.

Let us know.

Regards

N.P

It's just the standard, pay up or contact us immediately one, here it is anyway. There is anothe page but it wont show that I'll have to put it in another post if you want it.

This is the FIRST contact I have had regarding this card.

CCletterpage1.jpg

Pete.

Hi Pete,

Yeah, I`ve had a couple of those, just standard boring crap really.

Even after I CCA`d the idiots I still received one of them and last week I received a different one, which was a bit more interesting. They still haven`t complied with my CCA request, so I don`t have to give them a thing, which is legal.

Do you have any charges on this account?

What are you going to do next?

Regards

N.P

Do you have any charges on this account?

What are you going to do next?

Regards

N.P

They have added £12 late payment charge on this months bill. Minimum payment £375, thats last month and this months minus my £1 I paid last month :)

The bill is dated 20th December and I have contacted them twice well in advance of this in November in writing. So I think I need to re send a letter reminding them of my circumstances and offer the £1 a month untill I have had my heart surgery and then take it from there, seeing as they have totally ignored the first two letters I sent :mad:

At the end of the day if I only have a pound to spare that is all they can have, and I don't even have that to spare !! :)

I might just CCA them at the same time though :)

Pete.