Back dated pay rise after quitting

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5976 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I worked for a local authority until October they had not given us a cost of living increase this financial year as they were restructuring under the governments push for make sure all jobs are regraded etc across the board and to iron out inequalities.

The council were supposed to have had this regrading finished by xmas but it still isnt complete so the union have pushed the 2.5% pay rise through now.

So where do I stand I left in October so I should have 6 months of 2.5% owing as had they awarded it in April I would have received it already.

I know people still working there and they are definitely back dating it to April for everyone.

On a side note if my old job gets regraded upwards and that gets back dated to April 07 then should I also get that too?

I feel I should be entitled to both these amounts as I have done the work and had the council finished their work on time I would have had this money by now which was well before I left.

Thanks for any advice

Hi,

the regrading has been going on for years and is no excuse for delaying the pay award.

You should have automatically received the pay rise on 1st april as this was the last part of a 3 year settlement for local authority staff. there was no excuse in delaying it and you should definatly get it. put your request in writing, wait a reasonable amount of time, maybe 7 days then seek advice from your Union and submit a grievance.

Don't think you will get the regrading though as you left before it was completed.

regards,

Paul.

Im getting the regrade backdated but not the MRS which considering that was supposed to have been completed in April this year (why they have to backdate MRS) and its not going to be completed till April next year (first it was Sept, then Dec and now April so dont think that will happen either) I think if they are agreeing that MRS will be backdated to April 07 that is an admission that it should have been completed by then and TBH I think if my job is regraded upwards (it will be) I should get the money after all I worked there for 3 years.

Well if it works out to a fair bit of cash then I will have a look at the legal options if its nothing much then ill leave it.

They delayed the pay award trying to wrap it up in MRS so that if you got graded downwards then you wouldnt get your protected salary + 2.4% for 2 years just your protected salary, very sneaky