Employer insists I sign a personal credit agreement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5987 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone.

I travel extensively on business, as do many employees at my company. The company has a "company credit card" that it says I must use for expenses. I have not signed anything, and have been using my personal cards for many years. The problem is that the "company credit card" is not actually a company card, it is a personal card in which the company has an interest. The credit agreement cites myself as being responsible for the card (and expenditure), not the company.

I have several personal credit cards, and see no reason why I need another for the companys convenience. Can the company force me to sign a personal credit agreement?

Thanks.

Yes you do have a leg to stand on, there is no way a company can force you (policy or not) to sign a credit agreement. Tell them you are happy to use a company card, so long as they are responsible for the card.

If they try and take you to task over it, raise a grievance and see the meeting through. Let them know you will seek legal advice and if necessary take the matter up at an ET.

If my comments have been helpful please click my scales

Widget,

My company has said the same but I don't want to either as it's a charge card. Basically it's so they get a bit of a "deal" from the issuer.

They could perhaps refuse to pay expenses but then what would they do ? Can't sack you as they cannot insist on you taking out a personal card.

:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)