out of school care

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5960 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my boy who is nearly 10, has adhd and autism. he has been going to a council run playscheme in the school holidays for 3 years. he has not been for 8 months as i have been on maturnity leave. i sent anote last time he went saying he would not be going for a while. however the sceme is run on a first come basis.

so i am now back at work and i received the form from theplaysceme which i sent back with the money 3 weeks ago.on friday i got a call from the manager saying they had no room for him, as they are only allowed so many disabled children and cause he had not been for while he had lost his place?? she said her manager wants to speak with me about my sons needs so they can reveiw his place?

i am really upset that they have not informed me until now, they know what his needs are and seem to be trying to get out of having my son in the holidays.

When did you request that he could return to his place? Did you give exact dates, and are they saying there is no availability or just saying not for the holidays?

I can't see they would have kept his place open, so did you have to reapply?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

first of all it may not be anything to do with your little ones needs :) its normally a ratio thing?? so many carers to children etc

get in touch with your local LEA explain the problem and see if they can come up with something

but im sure they wont be refusing him because of his needs (they wouldnt dare really)

as a a mum, no thats wrong, SLAVE to three, two boys and a girl, two with special needs its not a path ive been down to be honest but id contact the LEA explain the problem and see what they can do for you

honey x

they have never told me he would not have a place and hey always operated a first come first served basis.

they have said they need to assess his needs to see if he has a place? like i said they have known him 3 years they know him well. its just they have a differant manager now.

what has annoyed me is that they have sent the forms out like they always do in the run up to the holidays with no mention that they cannot have him.