Russell v Bank of Scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6413 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I'm thinking of claiming back my charges from BoS, and have heard that they are likely to close my account when I'm successful. My worry is that my mortgage (recently arranged) is with the Halifax - are they likely to try and close my mortgage account too?

Thanks

BoS Current Account: £2250 charges + £809 interest. BoS offered £150. Filling in court claim forms.

BoS Joint Account: £825 charges + interest. Waiting until personal claim settled, to avoid them being tied together.

Claiming back charges for your bank account will not affect your mortgage.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks - I'm off to post my DPA letter now

:)

BoS Current Account: £2250 charges + £809 interest. BoS offered £150. Filling in court claim forms.

BoS Joint Account: £825 charges + interest. Waiting until personal claim settled, to avoid them being tied together.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again,

I've just spent a few hours with a highlighter, and calculate I'm owed £2,248 on my BoS current account, and £825 on our joint account. As these are just the charges, I'm waiting eagerly for Vampiress' scottish interest calculator before I send in my preliminary letters.

I'm looking forward to the start of the battle!

• 2 months later...

Hi - an update for the thread.

I have sent my preliminary request, and my letter before action for my BoS current account, asking for the return of £2250 charges plus £809.16 interest on those charges over the period.

John Pinder from Halifax customer relations has just called to say that they believe the charges are fair, and offering £150 as a goodwill gesture. When I refused this amount, he said he was prepared to offer up to 6 months charges returned - I turned this down, and told him I intend to go to court next.

I'm off to read the threads on Scottish court procedure again - wish me luck!!

In terms of using the spreadsheet to calculate your interest at 8%, there isa view about on these pages that it should be the contractural rate of interest that we charge them. They have charged us that when we went into red. If you go to sticky post and look up minzai spreadsheet, it calculates interest at both the 8% and also what your bank is currently charging. Again you will need to look up this interest figure. When I apply spreadsheat to my charges, at 8% the total comes out to about 12.5 k but when i use the banks 25.56% the totals come out to 21k.

Some difference.