• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

LBL Ltd!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has any on these forums and/or elsewhere had any dealings or problems with a company trading as "*** **** *****", they tend to operate or advertise from within within the "**** **********" stores and local press?.:o

CaLL Me On INTeRNeT CaLLS @ "NoBBY_ONLiNE":D

NB: Any advice given ?(if any) is given freely and without constraints,it and any information is based upon personal knowledge and personal experiences and/or views it should therefore only be regarded as advice and not a statement of the law, for that you should seek professional legal advice!.

• 1 month later...

I am currently going through an absolute nightmare with this company.

Up until 3 weeks ago I had a really nice BMW Z3, which would have been perfect for this weather.

One morning 3 weeks ago at about 0630am, a company came to collect my car for a Loan which had been taken out on the car. As I answered the door, one person was clamping my car while the other was asking me for the keys in order to take it away as the Loan had not been repayed at all. The guy said that the Loan had been taken out with Log Book Loans, who until then I had never heard of.

I had two choices, either hand the keys over there and then or they were going to leave the clamp on and come and tow it away. I took their details and they gave me a contact number for Log Book Loans and sadly handed over my keys, as I didn't want to cause a scene with the window twitchers!

It turns out I have been involved in a case of ID Theft, using ID from a property which I used to live in but now rent out and have done for over 2 years.

I am now caught up in a very nasty battle with said company. I am waiting for the Police to help me with a crime number and Log Book Loans to hand my car back.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

@liamarkfin:

I take it you or rather someone took out a log book loan on your said Z3? if so when was it taken out the agreement that is date very important?.:rolleyes:

When these loans are taken out, do you know the proceedure that they use and/or are you aware of now ie: forms of ID required?.

And who are you dealing with at present with regards to the problems?.;)

Trust me on this if i'm right you will get your car back and more.:grin:

NB: Any advice given ?(if any) is given freely and without constraints,it and any information is based upon personal knowledge and personal experiences and/or views it should therefore only be regarded as advice and not a statement of the law, for that you should seek professional legal advice!.

Hi

Thanks for replying. Here is what was used as ID:

An Anglian Water bill. (The only Utility bill that was not changed over to the Tenants name)

A Privilege Card mail shot from NatWest Bank (nothing official, as I have chenged my address with my bank!!!)

The V5 document - a new copy as I still have the old one which, again, I failed to change the address on.

The loan was taken out on 3rd April 2006.

Thanks

First off they *** and/or **** ********** or whoever premises they happen to be operating out of need to have a consumer credit license to operate/trade grant credit out of those premises?, they as proof to grant a loan need to see bank statements originals not mailshots or credit/debit card, and some kind of utility bill and the V5 document which you have mentioned.

The items/proof must be in your name, now the important bits do you own the car outright? ie: no outstanding finance/loans etc as that is a deciding factor in granting a loan and how much is borrowed if at all?, here's the very interesting points and the cruncher, it is also normal to make a visit and/or make an appointment at there premises to actually view the vehicle in question as a V5 is not proof of ownership but the registered keeper only.

With regards to the above the viewing of the vehicle obviously is to stop/avoid giving credit/loans to every tom dick and harry with a V5?, interestingly you say a new V5 was produced shame really because the old V5 is not a legal document any more and is invalid and has been for some time.

Now most important if a loan is given/granted lets say at cash converters premises, which they normally are a cheque is issued and therefore can be cashed there and then, but guess what there are fee's involved, in doing that the person has to be issued with an ID card for future reference and a photograph is taken of that person there and then, who is on that photograph? have you asked them or requested to see the documentation they have.

If that person decided to cash the cheque (in your name) elsewhere? ask them to see proof the cheque was cashed and where it was cashed and who by, thats it for now there is more believe me ask to speak to the owner a ** ***** ***** of *** *** and/or ******* **** *********** not a representative but the owner and tell him your problem or rather his and to return your car, if he not to obliging remind him that someone and also official bodies with experience of his company's dealings and illegal non compliance with consumer credit issues as far back as 1999? & 2004?.

Please note * denotes that at present i/we are under an "NDA" at present with regards to this/these companies, also if the Mods/Admins feel this posting to be innapropriate or for any other reason please remove it.

Hi

Yes I do own the car outright, or did do until these guys showed up, wish I didn't now and then this whole situation would have been avoided.

The cheque was cashed at some place in Leicester, not a Cash Converters or anything like that. Using little more than a phonecall to ***, in order confirm that someone had take the cheque from them!

If there is more, I would really appreciate knowing it, as I intend to wage out and out war on these people until I do get my car back.

Thanks

In post 2 you missed the name of who you are talking about didnt know if this needed removing or not?

DONT FORGET TO DONATE TO THIS SITE WHEN YOU WIN THANKYOU

If you dont it wont be here:x

Let battle commence!!!!!:mad:

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

I did get the police involved, as *** **** ***** suggested I did, but they really were absolutely no help whatsoever.

Am going to go to my solicitor with the problem, but don't really want to throw money at the problem, as I am the innocent party in this nightmare!!!!

If the police where no help then write a letter to you countys HQ and send it to the Chef Constable and then keep phoning until they do something about it.

This is a criminal matter and they have to investigate it and the fact you lost the car over it is WAY out of line and maybe a solictor may be worth while but I would not let the police off this without them doing something and they are a PUBLIC service and have to answer to us when they fail us and make a complaint if they dont help you.

Where in the UK are you ?.

DONT FORGET TO DONATE TO THIS SITE WHEN YOU WIN THANKYOU

If you dont it wont be here:x

Let battle commence!!!!!:mad:

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

I intend nobody to be 'let off'. This is one of the most serious things that has ever happened to me. I am very close to just going down to their office and not moving until I receive my car and get quite a few answers.

I have already put in a complaint with regards the police service.

I am in Northampton (the crime happened from a property in Leicester that I rent out), but am probably going to take a trip to see this Mr David Evans.

Does anybody know if this crowd actually do have a Consumer Credit Licence???

Thanks

I intend nobody to be 'let off'. This is one of the most serious things that has ever happened to me. I am very close to just going down to their office and not moving until I receive my car and get quite a few answers.

I have already put in a complaint with regards the police service.

I am in Northampton (the crime happened from a property in Leicester that I rent out), but am probably going to take a trip to see this Mr David Evans.

Does anybody know if this crowd actually do have a Consumer Credit Licence???

Thanks

Now your talking a "CCL" have you checked? Mr E lives near northampton? have you spoke to him yet? and advised him off whats being posted, anywayz give these a go "EDIT" , "EDIT", "EDIT" , "EDIT" Cant promise they still work but it's a start just keep bombarding them untill you get somewhere! ohhhhhhh and got his mobile somewhere and normaly his favourite hangout is the ****** ****** branch of **** ********** and/or his sidekick *****?.:o

And this his favourite solicitors ****** * ******** "EDIT" Right next door to **** **********. :D

Regards.

Hi

Not sure how to find out about the CCL, any clues.

You seem to know an awful lot about them, would you happen to know this 'off the top of your head'?

Or how to find this out?

Do you know if this kind of thing has happened before?

They want me to pay £8500 for the car, plus a cost of £12 per day for the lock-up my car is at!

If he is in Milton Keynes, he better watch out, haven't spoken to him yet, would it be wise for me to tell him about what is being posted?

First off not such a good idea about the telling them bit! well not yet anyway.:D

Office of fair trading "OFT" Customer service line is available to the general public to check the register, have you got a copy of the so called agreement important because it will have certain information on there about actually who the agreement is with.:rolleyes:

It could be even "Unenforceable" if certain criteria is not meet can you supply a copy i would like to see it?, if so it makes what they have done against you criminal offence (Police matter) and also you should advise the trading standards.:!:

As far as this type of thing happened before, lets just say they/he is far from squeaky clean, take a look at most of there advertisements local press etc you wont find any mention of a CCL license number?.;-)

Thanks for that ;) !

I am still waiting for the a copy of the agreement, but you can see it by all means. I will make sure I get it for Monday!

You are starting to make me feel like I might get my car back sooner, rather than later!!

Thank-You very much!

BTW, who is Gail, in one of the email addresses you gave me?

I am going to try all of these. Thank-you again.

@liamarkfin:

Can you go into your posted replies please and use "advanced mode" and edit the "titles" for now to read *** ***?.:D

The *** and/or whatever name it is known as now is another finance arm or was of *** *** and dont get despondent about this but it offers sub prime finance on vehicles that it has probably repossessed previously ie: yours.:eek:

PM's are awaiting you!.

• 4 weeks later...

All the editing in this posts make it impossible to follow for anyone else who has similar problems, and is totally against the spirit of this forum. The admin for this site also warn against the offering and acceptance of advice by PM as it could cause problems for both parties if it proved inaccurate. This has clearly been happening here. If you have useful information that others can use please post it on this thread, and be more open about your actions in order to avoid misunderstanding. Your motives may be genuine, but this kind of thread is unhelpful.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Wakey wakey @caro all thats already been done and via PM too, may i suggest in a merge of threads pehaps too the "Log Book Loans- can anyone help thread" or is that one unhelpful too.:D

Wakey wakey @caro all thats already been done and via PM too, may i suggest in a merge of threads pehaps too the "Log Book Loans- can anyone help thread" or is that one unhelpful too.:D

That thread belongs to someone else so it would not be appropriate.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Nor was it appropriate to remark about a thread thats already been commented on, i have already taken action on what was asked of me regarding Pm's and sensitive personal data some even thought i was procuring information for other means they were wrong!.:rolleyes:

On the contrary - It is entirely appropriate. A moderator has found need to state, once again, that the use of PMs for advice is not acceptable - it does not further this site's cause (which is about the sharing of information to increase consumer awareness).

By sharing, we mean posting - everything on public view.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Nor was it appropriate to remark about a thread thats already been commented on, i have already taken action on what was asked of me regarding Pm's and sensitive personal data some even thought i was procuring information for other means they were wrong!.:rolleyes:
As there were no posts from moderators on this thread I had no way of knowing that it had been dealt with privately. I knew that this had been discussed on another thread, but this one appeared to have slipped the net. If you have rectified the situation then I agree that there is no need for further comment on the matter.

@jonni2bad:

Did you forget then it was yourself who PMed myself on the 16th august regarding yours and others views on this matter?, and please forgive me but i see no personal information such as documents of a personal nature namely Consumer credit agreements posted on this site?.

Too actually assess as to whether an agreement (Consumer credit) is unenforceable or enforceable or not as the case maybe (taking into account the background and associated problems) one needs sight of it one way or another.

That said if you prefer they take legal advice (Paid) then this forum's cause has failed in that it is not free advice, I have since declined to look at other forum members documentation even though i still get requests via pm to do so.