ivtriedallusernamesargh v RBS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5938 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Best of luck mate - shout up on this thread whenever you need advice ;)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Got replies - the usual fob off reply. One card says we only charged you £12 as the F.O. says is ok so yaaa boo basically. The other only repeated their best offer ie the difference between original charge and £12.

Sooooo I have forms all filled out to Ombudsman - I guess I might be in for a very long wait now? :(

If these are credit card claims, things are slightly different here than they are for bank charges reclaims. Have you sent them the prelim and the LBA and given them 14 days to respond to each letter?

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

the RBS are very good at replying before end of 14 days... seems to be a pattern where all credit card companies are claiming 12 pounds is ok to charge and offer either the difference or a very small token refund minus interest. So my last roll of dice is ombudsman... update in 2009? ;)

the RBS are very good at replying before end of 14 days... seems to be a pattern where all credit card companies are claiming 12 pounds is ok to charge and offer either the difference or a very small token refund minus interest. So my last roll of dice is ombudsman... update in 2009? ;)

If all you've sent them so far is the prelim, you now need to send them the LBA along with another copy of your schedule of charges.

Credit card claims are different than claims for refunds of bank charges - the main difference at the moment being that they're not included in the OFT test case, so it should (in theory) be business as usual.

Send them the LBA and post back after you've waited for another 14 days. ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

• 2 months later...

actually getting quite confused with RBS (!)) - it seems that several cards are actually 'RBS' after all......???!

So... Ombudsman writes off to two of these 'RBS" organisations - 100 + 400 ish... got reply from RBS saying 'no way'.. then ombudsman writes to them.. they say 'have all what you asked for plus interest you asked for'... sent acceptance letter to ombudsman .. will see if these 2 rbs organisations actually reply and how long it takes...