BOS acknowledged - what happens next?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6501 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a Bank of Scotland credit card and had a load of charges thrown at me for late payments etc, it amounted to a few hundred quid. We just consolidated loads of debts so I paid it off and closed it.

Can I claim it back? Also I don't have my statements, will they let me have copies?

Any help appreciated.

Sky

BOS - Prelim letter del 19/5/06 LBA del. no response - filed 12/06

Clydesdale Financial Services - Gave them their chances off to court we go!

HSBC - Watch out I'm coming after you next!

If you like anything I say click the scales!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for replying.

Any idea how much the charge for statements might be?

Also will I be able to claim that back?

Thanks

Sky

Under the DPA you are ENTITLED to them, so first of all state this.

If they still argue (and you are anxious to get the ball rolling) I'd personally pay (£5 at RBS if memory serves correctly, £10 in most other banks).

If you DONT wish to pay, I'd take it further and complain to the Information Commissioners Office, regarding the banks breach of data protection due to their refusal to give information.

You are not asking for the ACTUAL statements, your asking for all data, and thus you are entitled to them

Yes you are entitled to them but they can charge you a maximum of £10.

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been looking in the litigation in progress section but i don't see many people taking on Bank of Scotland.

Are there so few of us?

I was looking to see how many people had started the progress and got their money before going to court.

I need some encouragement!

Sky

The whole process can take 6-12 weeks, and this campaign is quite young. There will be BOS claimants...in due course. Don't get discouraged :rolleyes:

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Does anyone know of anyone who has got their money back from them yet?

Sky

I know of a few.

Seriously though, EVERYONE who want their money back gets it. One way or another, regardless of which bank it is. They are ALL acting unlawfully, and until one of the actually has the bottle to take it to a court when challenged, the only supposition any reasonable person can make is that they know they are acting unlawfully.

This is not a gamble. If a bank allows themselves to be taken to court, they would lose. The only reason, IMO that they don't allow it to go to court is because they know the papers would be all over it and then lots more people would know that the banks are not exactly acting within the law.

This is far more serious for them than it is for us!

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

i got a letter from them today saying "sorry you are not happy with our service mr rae.We are currently investigating your account and will recieve a full response shortly"

i sent my second letter yesterday to the senior customer relations manager giving 14 days to return my charges etc in full or i will be filing a claim. im due £600 plus since dec to present, i was out of work for 2 months and every week since i got a new job i have put all my money into my account and im still battling to catch up due to my bills and the charges i get constantly from BOS. cant wait to get my money back and get out the overdraft. thieves

Start your own thread on this.

It makes it easier for people (and the mods and admins) to help/follow.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

The whole process can take 6-12 weeks, and this campaign is quite young. There will be BOS claimants...in due course. Don't get discouraged :rolleyes:

10th of Jan this forum went up.

Quite young is an understatement.

(although, I had been writing to my MP, the OFT, the FSA and national newspapers prior to starting this).

------------

------------

I am no doubt rehashing old ground but just wondered if this was the case?

I had a credit card with Bank of Scotland and I'm not sure whether Bank of Scotland, Royal Bank of Scotland and Halifax are one and the same.

Kind regards

Sky

Guest BlueRuby

I always refer to the Royal Bank (of Scotland) as RBS. Reduces confusion with BoS. Also would it not be a good idea if BoS/Halifax and the RBS had separate sub-forums?

Where is everyone sending their BOS letters?

I am sending my first letter today. Will take to the local branch but where should I address it for the attention of?

Sky

I took mine in addressed to 'customer services '.

Like wise today I hand delivered my preliminary request letter addressed to 'customer services', the teller opened it saying he would look to see if it was something he could help with.....his face was a picture :-) lol

Bank of Scotland round 1: £740 + costs settled, still sore over the 8% grrr

Bank of Scotland round 2: £629 +101.15 interest +£39 costs settled.

Please don't shout at me, I have read the FAQs and can't find the answer.

I had a BoS credit card which I am demanding charges back from. It says in the FAQs that you can claim interest back, does this apply to credit cards too?

For pretty much all the time i had this card it was over the limit and when I looked at the statements, since July last year I had been charged two lots of interest per month on the same day, one would be say £8 and the other would be around £11 per month.

What do you suppose these are and can I get them back? Or is interest on a cc to be expected and a normal expense of having one?

Be gentle please!

Sky

I am about to pursue the BoS. It was a basic account. They refused a Direct Debit for something like £5.00 and then charged me which made the account overdrawn. I asked for it back. They refused, so I had my wages paid elsewhere. After continuing to add charges every month, they eventually closed the account and said I owed them about £260 or something like that. I need to find out, so I can write to them and get the matter settled once and for all.

Thing is the account was an online account (so no branch as such) but the address for all correspondence is Edinburgh. Do the same rules that apply to UK Banks apply to the BoS in Edinburgh?

I have my BoS statements for my credit card I had with them.

Do you suppose I should write to them asking for any details on manual intervention? Or just kick off with the charges I know I have?

I didn't send a DPA letter as I already had my statements.

Sky

MODERATED post moved .... please keep to your original thread as this is for your own benefit as well as for people who are following your claim

seen as the banks are using ' manual intervention ' as an excuse for the charges then you need the notes to prove there hasn't been any.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

I'm a bit thick ;0)

Should I write that I want this info under the DPA?

How do you think I should word it?

Sky

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6501 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks