Intrium and ebay debt

NORTHERNGUY
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5880 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Any advice please , I have recieved a letter from these last week for a Ebay debt , now it became obvious it was fraud as the telelphone number they gave me and email address they had were false. They said ok get a crime number and we will pass back to Ebay. Thing is the police said we dont as Ebay have its own dept to deal with this .So I called Intrium and told them this who didnt belive me! I had foolishly given them a telephone number so last week three times where I had to explain again. I wrote them a letter explianing this which they seem to have ignored!

They called on Thursday and spoke to a work friend - they told him who they were and what they wanted! I called them back and went mad for telling someone else my bussiness! Anyway the person I spoke to said it would be passed back to Ebay.

Obviously not.

Yesterday , I recieved a call from a very rude lady - when I asked her to read the notes she said ok but so what!

She then said I was lying and should clear the debt as it will not go away. I asked her to repeat , if she was calling me a liar - and she did!

I couldnt belive it , I did get her name - I am furious , really am.

If I owed the money I would pay as it only £80 , but her whole attitude - I said for someone working in customer relations she was appalling. She replied she does'nt do customer relations.

How can I resolve this - and complain for disscusing me to someone else and calling me a liar? I was told a manager would call me back -but I am still awaiting.

Thanks.

Thank goodness I found this site!

Thanks I will complain to Trading standrards - would it be there local or mine?

I am going to try the police once more , there is a station near me , as I will go mad if they carry on .Thing I can not understand is , why a debt letter out of the blue , as its not that hard to find me. And I have tried to contact ebay , but I havent actually got or can find a landline number.

• 1 month later...

I reported these people to Trading Standards and Information comissoner - heard nothing back as yet. Wrote a strong letter to Intruim and recieved a reply saying they were sorry blah , blah and passing back to ebay.

The calls started again from Intruim , when I asked them to read there notes they apologised. Calls stopped that was two weeks ago - heard nothing.

Then today - a company called fredrickson International have started to call much to my anger.

How can I sort this?

Ebay are impossible to get hold of - and these DCA's seem to do what they want and ignore your protests both in writing and verbally.

Anyone?

• 3 months later...

In the days when I was young, foolish, stupid (well, 2005), I stupidly paid a small debt to these clowns - even though it was being disputed via EBay at the time. This was because I had - and still do have - a major, major dispute on with Lloyds TSB, which was a lot more important to me at that time. So, I paid up just to get IJ off my back - stupid, I know.

But I know a lot more now than I did then. Now, I've asked them - even though it's long been paid - to obtain a copy of the original agreement, and the deed of assignment. I've had serious arguments with I.J. about this and their staff are no help at all.

As anybody who's been in this situation will know, EBay are nigh-on impossible to contact.

Are they obliged to supply what I've asked for, even though the debt's long since been paid? They never provided either at the time, and my informing them that this sum was being disputed (I was going through an argument with them at the time) fell on deaf ears.

I do know I could have them just for ignoring the dispute, but would I have a leg to stand on if I ask them to prove their legal right to collect on a long-paid debt?

I recently had a letter from IJ regarding brittania music and film club.These people say that brittania has gone into administration and it may have been some time since i was contacted. Luckily for me i have an administration order for all my small debts, brittania is one of them. IJ says that i still owe over £30 even though since march 2007 i have been making regular payments through county court,so i do not care what Idiot Justice think also i have today informed the county court, that i have heard that brittania is in administration and another company has the debt and says no payments have been made. This is now in the hands of the enforcement officer for investigation,and i will not be speaking to them,or writing to them. I hope IJ take court action on this becaus ei would win any action taken and ij would have to pay costs.:grin: :grin: :grin:

I've had dealings with this company and I must say they are the rudest company. They promise to not harass and then start again. They do not reply to letters or cca request and over phone stated I was not to harass original company and accept shabby print out statement. They accept they received letters over phone then deny receiving, its quite normal for them. I taped them and when they were swearing, yes swearing at me to pay, I told them I was recording and they went mad saying it was against the law. I told them to leave off reply in writing to cca and leave me alone. They havn't replied yet. I let it go for a while for the peace but know I will have to chase them again and threaten to stop paying.:rolleyes:

I HATE Intrum Jusitica:mad:

Thats better:lol: