Monthly wage paid into old/incorrect account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am hoping someone can help me with a sticky situation I have found myself in. As a result of a CCCS debt management plan and on ongoing Financial Ombudsman complaint for what I believe to be inappropriate loan advice - I have changed my current account from Lloyds to Halifax as instructed by the CCCS. All of my direct debits have been transferred and my employer provided with the new bank details. This leaves the Lloyds account which is overdrawn as one of my creditors.

My September salary was paid into the new Halifax account by my employer no problem - however they have decided to pay my October salary into Lloyds, where it has been swallowed by the overdraft. This leaves me with no funds at all to cover my outgoings this month.

Employer has said they will try to claim money back as paid in error but no promises. Do I have any rights in such a situation?

Any advice greatly received. Thanks.

Hi you could apply to your employers good nature and get them to pay you again, in the correct account this time, if your in a union, get them onto the matter, your employers will have a obligation to make sure there payroll/ Bacs system is fully working and any amendments changed as soon as notified, this seems like payroll error, there can not say you didnt notifiy them as you have had one bacs go into the new account, this is there error, therefore there should correct it. Your union should guide you through making a claim for wages not paid. Once the employer contacts the bank, the bank will most likely refund the money to the employers anyway. Its just the waiting that is inconviencing.

If its going to take a few days to sort, freeze your DDs to prevent unwanted charges, failing such, contact the Halifax to arrange an authurised over-draft to cover the DDs, a letter from your employers explaining the probelm will be supportive to making a application for the over-draft. Double check there have now amended the payroll/bacs system aswell.

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

isnt the bacs system a bit like the dd system in that, if they make a mistake, they can pull it back? I might be wrong as I dont know too much about it, but as they have got it right once, they should get it right ALL the time. JMHO

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed