Questions for new posters

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In order for users of this forum to give you the best possible answer to an enquiry, if you ask a question it is very important that you give the following information, even if you think the information is irrelevant -

• Whether the tenancy was granted verbally or in writing.

• If it was granted in writing, state the date on which the tenancy began, and the length of the initial term if any.

• State the amount of the original rent and how often the rent is payable (e.g. per week, per calendar month, per quarter, etc). If the rent has been increased, for each increase state the date on which this occured and the new rent.

• If the tenancy has ended, state how it was ended (e.g. notice by the landlord, notice by the tenant, agreement of both parties, etc), and state the date on which the tenant moved out.

• If the tenancy has not ended, but a notice to end it has been given, state who gave the notice, the date the notice was received, the amount of notice given (e.g. two weeks, two months), and the reasons the notice gives for ending the tenancy.

We can only provide useful help if the requested information is given. The help will be tailored to the information you give.

Advice & opinions on this forum are offered informally, without any assumption of liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

Note

This is a self-help forum in which users share their experiences. Assistance is offered informally, without any assumption of liability. Use your own judgement; obtain advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

This posting gives general guidance only. It is not an authoritative statement of the law. Consult a Solicitor for specific advice before deciding on any course of action.

Further information:

Assured and Shorthold tenancies - A guide for tenants

Renting and Leasehold - Advice from Shelter

All posts are opinion only

If you've found my suggestions useful, please click on my star and add a comment

Good idea, can I add:

- Was an inventory taken, and signed by the tenant?

- How much deposit was taken, and do you have details of the tenancy deposit scheme(if any) it is held in?

- In the tenancy agreement, how is the deposit held if held by agent - stakeholder or landlords agent?

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

• dx100uk unpinned this topic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks