• Tweets

• Your page numbers should run through your WX and exhibits so im concerned its page x of 9.
    • Paragraph 18 – you are still talking about Boston stolen items. About time this was fixed??? Paragraph 19  In any event, the claimant's PS5 gaming device was correctly declared and correctly valued. The defendant accepted it for carriage and was even prepared to earn extra money by selling sell insurance in case of its loss or damage. New paragraph 20 – this the defendant routinely sells insurance in respect of "no compensation" items (a secondary contract contrary to section 72 CRA 2015) new paragraph above paragraph 20 – the defendant purports to limit its liability in respect of lost or damaged items. This is contrary to section 57 of the consumer rights act 2015. The defendant offers to extend their liability if their customer purchases an insurance cover for an extra sum of money. This insurance is a secondary contract calculated to exclude or limit their liability for the defendants contractual breaches and is contrary to section 72 of the consumer rights act 2015. New paragraph below paragraph 42 – the defendant merely relies on "standard industry practice" You haven't pointed to the place in your bundle of the Telegraph newspaper extract. You have to jiggle the paragraphs around. Even though I have suggested new paragraph numbers, the order I have suggested is on your existing version 5. You will have to work it out for your next version. Good luck!   Let's see version 6 Separately, would you be kind enough to send me an unredacted to me at our admin email address.
    • UK travellers have been turned away at airports because their passports are not valid for EU travel.View the full article
    • i think theres been MORE than amble evidence of that and am astonished that criminal proceedings haven't begun.
    • Yep, those 'requirements' not met to shareholders satisfaction seem to me to be: 1. Not being allowed to increase customer bills by 40% (of which well over 50% of the new total would NOT be investment) 2. 1 plus regulators not agreeing to letting them do 'things in their own time (ie carry on regardless)
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Neighbours and the DWP

laineynic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6008 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My brother broke his hip and fractured his coxic in a serious accident whenhe fall of a roof.

He pungtured a lung and broke 3 of his ribs and spent many weeks in hospital. .

Since this accident he has lost almost everything.

His girlfriend, his 2 children, his home and a willing to live.

He has mood swings and suffers from depression and his family life suffered because of this.

He has tried to build his life again but as much as he has good days they are overshadowed by bad days.

He has moved back to the family home and has made very slow progress.

Recently he has been getting better as friends have been coming to see him.

He has a knack when it comes to fixing and sorting cars out he has an eye for detail and has recently rebuilt a car.

He is more than grateful to friends and family for aking him to fix their cars

but does it has a hobby and nothing more.

He has a new girlfriend now who bought him a car to fix up and he had been working on this car for a number of days.

3 days ago someone from DWP turned up on the doorstep and told him he had been reported to them for making money out of fixing up cars.

Which is not true as he has never taken a penny for anything he has done.

We do have an idea of who is responsible for calling these people, but no proof.

These are neighbours of our family.

For many years they have been vidictive and take great pleasure in hurtin and upsetting our family.

Today I went to see my brother and he has slipped back into a very low state of mind.

He couldn't talk to me about it today as he couldn't stop crying.

To see a many of 37 crying is heartrenching.

He feels that everyone is against him.

If you have ever suffered from depression you will understand how much one thing can put someone back so much.

I feel annoyed and very angry that people like this think they are doing good when they need to know the facts

before they report anyone.

My family are honest people and my brother is mentally ill.

This is the last thing he needs.

Just when we thought things were about to get better for him someone has the nerve to knock him back.

The DWP have said they will be watching him from now on.

I have told him you have done nothing wrong except try to get your life back on track.

We had hoped by this encouragment it may help him pick himself up and look for a job.

Now he feels that he is being watched.We are almost 100% sure it is the neighbours

as when I go out of my car they were wtching me through their curtains.

We know that the DEP are only doing there job and acting on information.

But what can you do when the information they have is wrong.

Nothing really. They would have to 'prove' that he has earned money. I take it that are not taking it any further if they said they will be watching.

I do sympathise and when you are in a state of depression and you feel you are being 'needed' by doing something for others, it boosts you emmensly

Check out you brothers doctors to see if they run a group for people with depression as they sometimes put people in touch with local employers who would take on your brother as a volunteer in this type of work and he can also gain certificates in this type of work that may help him out in the future when he could be ready to go into work.

idax

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hello,

I was really saddened by your post,surely he is allowed a hobby and as you say it was helping him overcome his depression.

I do hope he can put this behind him, maybe the nieghbours need to get a life and leave your family alone to get on with helping your brother to rebuild his.

I truly feel sorry for you.

I think that you could help- what you wrote here should be sent to DWP.

DWP employs people although it's sometimes difficult to believe it!

These people are decision-makers and they know about vindictive neighbours, occupations that are allowed or beneficial etc. They also know that without evidence they cannot allege fraud. They may also be advised that you are not prepared to have your brother harassed or stressed out.

Nicey nicey but firmly :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Some very good advice there, maybe your brothers Doctor could also put in a word for him to say how this has helped his recovery, I am sure this is very frustrating for you all, but don't let them win.

Nothing really. They would have to 'prove' that he has earned money.

Not really true.

There is no requirement for the DWP to prove that a claimant has earned money whilst claiming.

To be available for work is the test and seeking work.

A jobseeker needs to sign a declaration each fortnight that they have sought work. If they admit they have not then they are not entitled to benefit.

Depression is an awful thing. However, I cannot see that your brother is claiming a sickness related benefit from your post.

Like it or not, if your brother has been working a 'hobby' repairing cars and not looking for work then he may well get his benefit stopped.

A jobseeker is regarded as a 9-5er. Meaning in those hours they need to look for work or practice their hobby in free time, like a weekend.

Sorry, but it's the law.

I took it from post that it would be Incapacity rather than jobseelers due to condition

anyone 'working' over the weekend or evening is still regarded as work , job seekers is just not 9 - 5 .

but they do have to prove that you are working for someone and being paid for that work.........

they have to prove you are in a 'work' position...

just cause i do odd jobs for family and friends doesn't mean i get 'paid' for this work and therefore do not pay tax and NI for it....

idax

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

With health problems like this, I would have been surprised if OP's brother wasn't in receipt of incapacity bens, DLA maybe...but then it's guesswork. So, assuming that he is in receipt of benefits because he is incapable of work, DWP may check whether this is the situation indeed. Still, claimants of some benefits are not expected to do absolutely nothing and some are even allowed to take up work if it's beneficial to their health without loosing benefit.

Your brother needs a proper benefit advice anyway, so get in a queue in your local CAB.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you for posting the advice you have it was very moving snd bought me to tears.

I am aware that my brother claims income support and nothing else. He ecently had an assessment by the DWP and the Dr who examined him agreed that he clinically depressed and unfit for work.

I am very worried about hi situation and feel like screaming at the "neighbours and the DWP to back of. Not long after his accident he took sleeping pils and downed a full bottle of neat vodka. He ended up on a physciatric ward and had his stomach pumped. He has tried to put things behind him and move on. But every time he seems to be getting there Bam another thing hits him, but hits him harder.

Our prority is to get my brother back. When I don't know. I know that he doesn't get paid for any work he has done and he migh be fit for work today but not tomorrow.

If only they could stop and think hat these actions have done. I don't in anyway blame the DWP - its there job. But there are 2 sides and the imprssion we got was it was the neihbours side they took.

Well, i really would get his psychiatrist or CPN to write a letter - what he is doing is occupational therapy, not work. Would they check up if he was knitting or flower-arranging? It's the same thing.

I think your brother needs this taken away from him so he doesn't lapse further. I would speak to the professionals mentioned above, stating the negative impact this has had and get them to contact the DWP on your brother's behalf.

There really are real people at the DWP (I know - years ago, I worked at one) and they will be sympathetic and listen to medical professionals.

They also may be able to help when he is feeling better to get him into some sort or unpaid training in exactly this sort of thing.

Unfortunately, positive action will ahve to be taken or this situation could spiral out of control which could affect your brother's mental health adversely. He needs someone to be strong for him on this until he is strong enough himself to deal with it.

Good luck!

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

A few years ago I was reported for living with someone whilst on benefits, probably by a neighbour, and it was a truly horrible situation. I imagine it's almost impossible to prove that someone does not live with you most of the time, especially when you have an investigator reading to you that 'he's been seen coming and going on a daily basis, and his car is always parked outside'.

Luckily for me at the time, the person they suspected was working in Japan and had been for three months which was easy to prove, and his car was parked outside as he'd lent it to me as mine had just failed yet another MOT and was obviously destined for the scrap heap. I still don't know which neighbour it was or why they should have done such a horrible thing. I would like to believe they genuinely thought we were breaking the law, but that's difficult in view of the obvious lies in their statement. My first thought when this happened was to take the car straight back to his house, but I didn't and it's still parked out side every time he's away which at least gives me the satisfaction of knowing that whoever reported me knows they didn't win. About 6 months later someone, probably the same person, even tried reporting it to the council as an abandoned vehicle. Some people are just plain nasty.

I can fully sympathise with your brother. Even though I knew I'd done nothing wrong, until the letter arrived from DWP confirming their investigation was complete, I don't think I slept at all. At the time, this person was genuinely just a good friend (his son and my daughter were school friends, we got chatting when he picked his son up one evening etc) but things have now moved on. We still do not live together, but he does occasionally stay over - usually when we've hit the wine lol - and every time I'm almost having a nervous breakdown in case someone reports us again. It doesn't make for a relaxing evening, which is why we don't do it very often.

One final point. 'Innocent until proven guilty' doesn't necessarily apply to DWP. They stopped all my benefits without even telling me, even IB and DLA, until the investigation was complete which left me with no money at all for four weeks.

I can't really give any advice other than to get as many professionals as he can on his side over 'therapeutic work', and keep doing it. It's good for him, the DWP can see what he's doing and why, and the neighbours will see that their tactics didn't work. And good luck.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I took it from post that it would be Incapacity rather than jobseelers due to condition

anyone 'working' over the weekend or evening is still regarded as work , job seekers is just not 9 - 5 .

I think you misread my post ida.

A jobseeker is expected to search for work during hours of 9 to 5.

It would be pretty daft for a jobseeker to say they look for work during the hours of 10pm to 6am, when most places are closed, yet expect to get benefit.

Also, I bought a home study course just before becoming jobless but the DWP told me that I should only study in my spare time, after the hours 9 to 5, as that time needs to be spent searching for work.

maybe a few 'crossed wires'

i was meaning if the dwp turned up over the weekend and he was still doing his 'hobby' it could still be classed as 'work' and could stop benefits etc.

i think we are both meaning the same but in different senario :confused: if that makes sense! :cool:

idax

maybe a few 'crossed wires'

i was meaning if the dwp turned up over the weekend and he was still doing his 'hobby' it could still be classed as 'work' and could stop benefits etc.

i think we are both meaning the same but in different senario :confused: if that makes sense! :cool:

idax

Yes, I think so!:)

I am a bit surprised that the fraud section (within the DWP) jumped in so quickly, they usualy compile a dossier then call you into your local office.

I do understand how it must have had a dramatic effect on your brother though. I never understood depression until earlier this year.............It is a dark nasty place to be. Hard to get out of but very easy to get pulled back into.

The totally absurd thing is if you get incapacity benefit, you are allowed to earn up to £80 odd pounds a week and not affect your benefit.........if that isn't bizzare I don't know what is!

A word of warning regarding DLA. It is very very hard to get nowadays. If you glance at my bank thread you will get an idea of my health issues. I am now on my 2nd application being refused and trying to get it reconsidered. I have yet to come accross one single person who says I should not be on it, yet still they refuse.....................................If your brother does apply make him see, it takes time and they will probably refuse first time. Also it matters HOW you fill the form in. If I can offer any help at all with it if you claim let me know.

Hope your brother feels better soon. Tell him about the support people on here, who don't know him are giving....................might help.

Simon:)

:)IF YOU ARE BORED WITH LITTLE TO DO:)

My Story - Simon -V- The (SH)Abbey - :!:WON / 19 November 2007:!:

SKY TV and the penalty charge - how far will it go?

Me V Its4me and Close Premium Finance:!:WON / 28 November 2007:!:

IF I CAN HELP, I WILL, IF I DO, THEN PLEASE CLICK ON THE SCALES ON THE LEFT

A very sad story and typical of the DWP to chase the innocent, your brother is probably identified as an easy target. Why do they chase people who they know at most would have earned a few pounds whilst they do nothing with those who have intentionally made thousands (I do know some). I realise your brother got nothing, just mentioned the above as being typical of what they would belive they were chasing.

Obviously your brother is unfit for work at present. He appears to have a talent for mechanics but perhaps no qualifications to assist him when he does become ready to work. At a guess he would love to work with cars. Just a suggestion, why not create a letter for him clearly stating he has received no payment, the work done, experience gained etc and get the person who would otherwise have had to pay a fortune at a garage to sign it and add their address for reference? Surely the DWP would be happy that your brother is being pro-active in getting work experience?

Im sorry but this is the country we live in today RATS and GRASS's encouraged by all government departments. So what if you live with a girl or a boy, read some of my posts about neighbours and thw destruction they can bring you in some of posts.

DWP can alledge fraud anytime they want they do not need proof thats the whole idea of an allegation of fraud its not true or false, they need to obtain evidence by questioning or observation. be vigilant thats all. No comment always works its upto them to prove fraud against you. END!

** Credentials **

10 Years Finance Fraud Investigator

5 Year High Court Sheriffs

2 Years Tip Staff Royal Courts

Currently : HMCS Enforcement Officer