Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Default Returned Cheque/Account Closed policy

I recently received a cheque for 1600 in payment for goods I sold.
    The cheque was issued through RBSicon and paid into my account (First direct).
    It showed on my online statement as cleared funds and available 7 days later. The goods were then released to the buyer.
    11 days after the cheque was paid into my account, I transferred part of the money to a savings account (also with FD).
    The following day, 12 days after the cheque was paid in, I received a lettericon from my bank with the original cheque enclosed, informing me that the cheque had been returned unpaid by the drawers bank. The reason for the return was stamped on the front of the cheque 'ACCOUNT CLOSED'

I have communicated with RBS for several months now to determine how they can 'release' funds on an account that is closed (there stamp on the actual cheque) and then return the cheque unpaid?
    However the only reply I get states 'customer confidentialityicon' in other words - tough!

Would it be worthwhile pursuing this matter through the legal channels?

I have all the original documents and cheque etc.

I would genuinley appreciate any help i could get.
    Kind Regards