Who Is Right

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6040 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I wonder whether anybody can tell me who is right and who is wrong - i do not intend taking anything further but this is just to satisfy my own mind.

I recently changed banks and forwarded my new bank a/c details to my manager - I checked and double checked and I KNOW that i sent the correct details - however - this is not the issue -----I noticed on pay day that my wage was not in my a/c and checked it against my pay slip and they had put a digit out on the numbers....they told me to go to my bank to sort it out....I went in twice and rang umpteen times - each person that i spoke to said that my employers have to sort it by putting a trace on it and it will go back to them......they had sent my wage to a totally invalid a/c. my employers cared little and spent over a week of trying to sort it - eventually i was told yet again to go into my bank and sort it....a manager in there was disgusted that they were making me do the leg work and that they had not issued me with a cheque whilst they sorted it - .....

Nw 2 weeks later they have finally done what i told them at the beginning and put a trace on it and it went immediately back to them so they could put it in my account...I have been told it is my fault - my banks fault because they were sitting on the money etc......I believe what my bank has told me - that my employers have to put a trace on it and request it back....which they eventually did...who is at fault my bank or my employers....i was left two weeks unable pay my road tax - had to borrow money from my family to pay my large direct debits it has been a nightmare...

I would be grateful to know who is right or wrong....

thank you so much

If you can prove 100% that you gave the correct details then the company is at fault. You could claim any charges etc for late payment to them.

If my comments have been helpful please click my scales