11 months - Sacked no reason.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Robert - read the PM before I saw your last post, so no need to answer about the job description.

You're doing fine.... think I've got everything now.... just need to give you the right bullets to fire at them lol;)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry me again! what was gf job title?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

..this just gets better (or worse, depending on how you look at it - lol)

OK, so what was she supposed to be doing?

(mind you, without a job description or training - how would the poor girl know????)

Exactly !!!

Hi there Robert - I've sent you draft letter by PM as I can't get the link to work on this post, but will try again when it's all approved by you.

You will need to fill in the company name where I have put (company), also you need to print off a copy of the email and take a copy of the warning letter. On the top right hand corner of each of the copies write the Appendix Number i.e. on the email write Appendix 1 and on the letter Appendix 2.

Please read it carefully and check I have got all the facts right.

Unfortunately there seems to be a postal strike at the moment, but as she is still employed until the end of October you will be OK for time.

Regards

Ell-enn

Perfect! Def post that as a template it is exactly right. We're not sure how to proceed as Ian called up and said he would try and help her get a job elsewhere... could annoy him this and he might not help with the other job? I guess we could wait till her sorts it out (this monday) then send it off?

Thanks sooo much for that! I doubt they will be doing that again

Help me to help others!

I think he may be offering to try and get her another job because he knows they've messed up with the procedure and hopes she won't take it any further. It's up to you of course, but I personally wouldn't let them get away with it. Anyway, you've got the letter if you want to use it.

Good Luck.

Ell-enn

In my opinion, you should always appeal against a decision you believe to be unfair. There is always the chance they will change their mind and although you may not really want to work for them anymore it's always easier to get another job while you've still got one.

Your employer has not followed correct procedure nor have they acted reasonably with you - and, in my opinion, you owe it to yourself to take them to task for it.

However, I can understand your reluctance - but what do you have to lose? and why should they get away with treating you like that. They probably thought you would just quietly leave and say nothing.

At the end of the day it's your decision, you have to work out whether you would regret not doing anything about it once you've left and need to find a job.

Kind Regards - Ell-enn

Thanks for your personal and professional advice, I don't like the way they handled it and won't put up with it (with your help). But I will see if he does arrange this other job for me by Monday if not I think I'll send the letter and hopefully get my job back while I well while my gf gets a new job. Which you are right will be easier when she is employed to when she is unemployed. I guess they wouldn't mess around giving her crap references especially if they feel I know my rights!

Help me to help others!

OK, keep us informed

I'll send the letter off today. They've also been really chasing her up, Example

In a title for H&M it would post, due to the & sign.

H & amp: amp: amp: M

This happened 14:19 she noticed it and changed it by 14:19. Within this 1 minute. He had e-mailed her asking her what was wrong with the title and to fix it.

Crazy!

Help me to help others!

OK, let us know what the response is.......... nothing ventured, nothing gained eh?

Best Regards

Ell-enn

To be honest, I doubt it. You are not in a position to threaten to take them to an ET. The best you could hope for is for them to reconsider the dismissal in light of the fact they have behaved unreasonably, which is what I thought you wanted to achieve.

In my opinion, there are no grounds for monetary compensation, but there is no harm in appealing - they may change their minds. After all, it's easier to get another job while you are still working. It may also make them realise that she can stand up for herself and expects to be treated fairly, but as I said before - the decision is entirely hers, I can't tell you what to do, I can only advise based on experience.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn