Seahorse v RBS - Seconds out, Round 2

Seahorse
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5982 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, peeps. Seahorse is back to fight another day.

RBS just can't stop taking the p1ss, can they? They tried to take last month's mortgage payment out of the wrong account, didn't bother transferring money over to cover it, so bounced my mortgage payment and charged me for the privilege. So now everything is all to pot, and the knock on effect means more charges, bounced D/D's etc.

So now it's personal. As soon as my pay was in, I withdrew the lot and popped it into my parachute account. No surprise then that I got some daft bint from Nottingham collections phoning me this morning wanting me to put my accounts in order because they are now both a couple of hundred quid overdrawn. Oh, that will be even more charges then. Am I in a position to bring my accounts back in order, she asks? Yes I am, says I. But I'm feckin well not going to. (OK, not the exact words, but you get my drift.) I then tell her the reasons why I'm no longer paying their ridiculous charges. So she says, when will you be able to bring your accounts back in order?

Do these people actually listen to a word you say? So I've told her to note that my accounts are in dispute. Yes, but will you be making a payment anytime soon, she asks. No I won't, says I. Ever.

Well, we'll default you then, says she. Not while the account is in dispute, says I. But the charges are because of your returned D/D's and SO's, says she. Don't care, says I. Your charges are unlawful and unfair and I won't be paying them. OK, we'll default you then, says she.

See your bank in court then, says I.

Anita in Nottingham, go get your ears syringed out, there's a dear. Deafness is hampering your ability to work. ;)

Wooooo-hooooooooooo!!! The seahorse rides again! :D

I see you haven't lost any of your acerbic wit whilst dealing with the darling little angels at RBoS!

Well done you for sticking your cash elsewhere - why leave it with them just to incur more charges. It's better off where they can't touch it and it won't incur their ridiculous 'fees' any longer!

Best of luck hun, you know exactly what you're getting into! And knowing you......... you'll relish every second of it! ;)

p.s.,......... you haven't 'cooked me dinner' for ages!!! x ;)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Absolutely. Missed ye by the way Hedgey. ;)

Seems like they just don't want to give up. They've now started phoning and asking for Mrs Seahorse thinking she'll be an easier target. Unfortunately for them this morning, I'm home. So she just passed it overto me. They've now been told not to bother phoning about my current accounts. Stupid bitch thinks she can keep on doing so as they have my agreememnt to.

I can feel a cease and desist letter heading their way to sit side by side with my letter of complaint.

I'm just waiting for them to default me. At which point things will escalate beyond a simple case of waiting for the test case to resolve itself, and be into the realms of defaulting accounts in dispute.

I wonder if this will all get wiped as a goodwill gesture, or if they are just going to keep piling the penalties on for the next 2 years. :D

P.S. - It's fish pie tonight. Posh Pie. Crawfish tails, haddock straight off the boat, and a posh blue cheese in the sauce. Looks like cheddar, tastes like heaven.

OK, fish pie is in the oven.

Phone went (again) tonight. RBS collections in Nottingham, the lovely Jessica. Who is keen to default me as soon as possible, as their final say in the matter is, they disagree that I shouldn't be paying their unlawful charges. Next step is to offload the debt as soon as possible by selling it on. Could be they want rid of this before I get a chance to take them to court.

Well, as far as I'm concerned, the fact that they are doing this is reason enough for a court to let a case proceed, as without being able to take RBS to court, I cannot defend myself. Although I will try the FOS route first. I rather think that what they will do is put this on hold until the test case is concluded. But if not, then RBS will have to defend this all the way. I won't be happy with small claims, it'll be summary cause, solicitors, bells, whistles the lot.

If they thought they could intimidate me, they are wrong. Been there, done that, T-shirt etc, etc.

It would be funny if they sold this on to Cabot though, wouldn't it? :lol:

I'm just waiting for them to default me. At which point things will escalate beyond a simple case of waiting for the test case to resolve itself, and be into the realms of defaulting accounts in dispute.

I wonder if this will all get wiped as a goodwill gesture, or if they are just going to keep piling the penalties on for the next 2 years. :D

P.S. - It's fish pie tonight. Posh Pie. Crawfish tails, haddock straight off the boat, and a posh blue cheese in the sauce. Looks like cheddar, tastes like heaven.

Heaven forbid if they attempt to default you of all peeps - do they knooooooooooow who you are?! :D I'm inclined to think, given your history, that they're well aware that you understand your consumer rights and are well able for them. Written off as a GoG sounds as though the least they could do right now!

Fish pie sounds good thanks hun - I love crawfish tails - and haddock straight off the boat sounds like heaven even without the cheese!

And p.s................ missed you too you cheeky little minx! x ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Next step is to offload the debt as soon as possible by selling it on. Could be they want rid of this before I get a chance to take them to court.

Hun, have you sent them the letter yet formally informing them that your account is in dispute? Let's face it, it won't stop them 'selling' it on, but at least you'll have a nice recorded delivery letter showing how reasonable you are and how you've tried to negotiate with the beggars at every step of the way.

And God help Cabot if they get your debt!!!! :D

p.s............ fish pie was luvverly!!!! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Yup, sent it to my local branch. And because there's a postal strike on, I emailed a copy to that nice Sandy Watt in the Customer Relations Unit too just to make sure there is no doubt about my position.

They tried to phone Mrs SH again last night, and were very apologetic when I said they'd already called 3 times. But they've now promised to take her name of the calling list too.

They'd better. Or I won't be bothering with a warning letter, I'll just report them straight away. Apparaently, pre-court protocols are voluntary in Scotland, so I guess I can report them without telling them too. Looks like they wre definitly hoping Mrs SH would be a soft target though.

Oh, I think I forgot to mention that they said something about an arrestment on my new account. Not without a feckin court order, they won't. And by now they are well aware what my defence would be.

I guess as I have verbally had their final say in the matter, I am entitled to take this up with the FOS. I'll fill in a complaint form today. Might as well be proactive in my approach and set the pace of things. :D

Dunno what to do for tea tonight. I was thinking something easy, as it looks like being a busy day.

OK, spoke to the FOS, who say there is nothing they can do until he test case is over. So the only way I can fight this is to either take them to court, or wait until they sell the debt on, and wait for the new owner to take me to court. Hmm. Decisions, decisions.

Although if I wait, then when the test case finds that the banks are wrong, I can claim back my charges, and take them to court for compensation because of their unlawful default.

Any ideas anyone? The last option seems like the most satisfying, if a little vindictive.

However, if I take them to court now, and the case is stayed, would that put a hold on their default? Not sure. I think I need to start the process off properly and play it by ear.

I'd start the process off properly to be honest hun. Although the situation at the moment is incredibly confusing, I'm ever the optimist and truly do feel that some kind of positive resolution for us consumers is on it's way. Naive? Possibly! However, when a bank is threatening to default for a small amount that is, ultimately, down to their own poor business practices, how can they justify their actions?

P.s., ............ I did a lovely cottage pie tonight. Where was you?! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Where was I? Down casualty with a knackered foot cos that bloomin horse decided to stomp all over my foot while I was trying to sedate her for the dentist.

I've still not got a default notice yet. But CRU in Edinburgh emailed to say they have destroyed my letter of complaint cos my branch is now dealing with it. Hmm. We'll see what happens from here on in.

Where was I? Down casualty with a knackered foot cos that bloomin horse decided to stomp all over my foot while I was trying to sedate her for the dentist.

Oo-er! Naughty horse! Hope your knackered foot's not too painful hun........... bet she can't half stomp though. Typical woman! x ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Awwwww.............. being waited on hand and foot (soz, couldn't resist!) I imagine! I hope you're not in a lot of pain though - so make sure you keep the painkillers topped up.

Still, gives you even more time to come up with strategies against your dearly beloved RBS now! x ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I'm kinda confused now. I would have thought they'd have defaulted me, or at least written. They do have an agreement to hold off on complaints until the test case is over, but they are still supposed to keep you informed and acknowledge your letters. And even once they issue a default notice, they have to give you 28 days to act on it.

I can't help feeling I've called their bluff. We'll see. ;)

Nope. Notice of intention to default arrived this morning. But the feckers are trying to default me on my loan and mortgage as well. As this is their final decision letter, I shall need to refer this to the FOS.

On the phone to the mortgage centre, who's fault this partly is, and they are phoning me back in half an hour. Surely they wouldn't be so vindictive as to try to default my mortgage too? If they are, then this looks like it could well end up in court, and they will have a LOT of explaining to do.

I think I'll also pop down to my local branch with cash for this month's loan and mortgage payment, and a letter stating exactly what the money is to be used for, in case they try to be sneaky and pay it into the current accounts.

What a shower of not very nice people they are. (cagbot THAT :lol:)

OK, I've just spoken to the very nice Emma Coggins at the collections centre in Birmingham, who has sorted out the mortgage arrears and I can start paying them again. Mandate off in the post a few seconds ago. I can also pop into my branch and pay this month's loan and they HAVE to accept it going into the loan account. They are also obliged to provide me with details for paying that through my new bank from now on too. :D

So that just leaves the current account overdrafts again. I think I'll play it this way. I'll write to tell them that I dispute I owe them the money and invite them to prove to me how they have arrived at their figures. If they fail to do so, I shall complain to the FOS and tell them that I don't agree with their sums. I won't mention charges at all. Hopefully that will get the FOS to write to tell them to back off until the test case is over. Incidentally, the FOS tell me that they think there will be an interim judgement by January. Goodness knows how they know that, but apparently 'tis so. After a ruling is made, then it could take some time before the nitty gritty is sorted out, such as what IS a fair amount to charge. Hmm. I'll believe it when I see it. ;)

I'm either honest, stupid or both. Paid my loan account this morning, then noticed she'd marked it down as £100 more than I'd handed over. So what did stupid old Seahorse do? Yup. Told her about her mistake like the eejit I am.

Oh, well. At least I'll be able to sleep tonight. Clear conscience and all that.

• 4 weeks later...

Silly me being honest. Because RBS continue to be total eedjits about this.

Despite my letter to my branch, and copied by email to Sandy Watt (which I was told was deleted because my branch was dealing with it), telling them to cancel all outgoings and to send me a mandate to allow me to carry on paying my loan, they have chosen to ignore it and try to keep taking direct debits out of my account.

They've now told me to pay back everything, including the loan (Which has mysteriously risen from £8,000 to £12,000 since their threat of default) as well as nearly £1,000 ovedraft. ALL of which is charges applied since this nonsense started.

I think I'll have to send them a diagram illustrating the relationship between their elbow and their posterior. They obviously don't have a clue. :D

• 3 weeks later...