• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

NN versus BoS Mastercard **RESULT**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6393 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent DPA request off on 12th June. 40 days is up this Wednesday - 21st. No reply so far.

Should I expect a last minute delivery? Or should I prepare to file against them?

;) nn

FAQs: click here: http://READ THESE

Any views or opinions expressed are in good faith, to the best of my ability. I don't like to admit it, but I have been known to be wrong. Check other threads and if in doubt, seek professional advice.

Abbey: SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

BoS M/card SETTLED 27/09:lol:

Aqua CC (Halifax) SETTLED 28/06 :lol:

GMAC Request for refund 14/6; Prelim 31/7; LBA 11/9

First National Mortgage Data Protection Act sent 14/6 Statements 26/7

Cap 1 - SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

Abbey x 2: 50% offer refused AQ filed

LBA printed out and ready to send. 7 days to comply then it's over to the real court for this one.

;) nn

Any views or opinions expressed are in good faith, to the best of my ability. I don't like to admit it, but I have been known to be wrong. Check other threads and if in doubt, seek professional advice.

NN,

how many year's statements do you have or how far are you going back? I've only just sent off my DPA letter so I will be interested in your progress!

Bon Chance mon brave!;)

Big Col:p

RBS LBA 20/06/06. WON - 21/10/06

MBNA(1)-Start-20/06/06, Claim-£250, 15/8 - Winner!!

MBNA Virgin(2)-Start-20/06/06, Claim £100, 15/8 - Winner!!

BoS MCard Data Protection Act Sent 20/06/06 - WON 16/10/06

Green On!

If the post/advice helps, pse click on the scales!! :cool:

I have just collected a parcel of statements from the PO with the following letter:

Dear Mrs XXXXXX

Completion of Request For a List of Transactions and Charges - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I refer to your request for information relating to the above account and now have pleasure in enclosing a copy of the following information:

• A copy of duplicate statements from the date your account opened to current. You will notice that some pages are missing, unfortunately they are not held on our system.

With regard to your request for information relating to manual intervention on your account, HBOS pic is under no statutory obligation to record this information and therefore, I am unable to assist further with your request.

Should you have any general account queries, please contact the 24 hour banking helpline on 08457 20 30 40 (if visa 08457 28 38 48) or if you have any data protection concerns relating to your personal data, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Details of how we use your data can be found on the Internet under the Security and Privacy section at http://www.halifax.co.uk or http://www.bankofscotland.co.uk. If you would like a copy of the registered Data Protection Notification details, this can be found at

www.informationcommissioner.qov.uk. Alternatively, please let me know if you would like me to forward a copy of either to you.

I have enclosed a copy of our leaflet for your information, 'Personal Customer Complaints -Here's what we'll do'.

Yours sincerely

Sam Fraser

Data Protection Consultant

Business Risk - Retail

enc

I am just about to go through them, but they seem to be the full monty.

;) nn

There's something wrong with the earlier statements going back to March 1998.

Although I went overlimit or paid late, several times, there is no record of a charge until January 2000.

Surely this is incorrect. They would never have let this go without charging me. Have they been doctored?

;) nn

Hello nn,

Maybe they didn't charge late fees before this date. My husbands GE money card didn't start charging late fees until aug 05 and I have kept most of the statements since june 03. he was late with payments quite often.

mairi

Thanks for that Mairi.

I've been checking them through and they threatened a late payment charge at the bottom of the statements but never applied it in the early days. They've certainly made up for it since.

Anybody out there?

I have a question about the spreadsheet as I am in the middle of preparing one for BoS Mastercard. This did not come up with bank charges as I was generally in credit when they took them.

When entering interest - do we enter it for every month from when charges were applied or just for the ones when charges occurred?

;) nn

Sorted the spreadsheet - I should have gone to the spreadsheet thread first.

LBA now posted to BoS card services. 750 + 316.21 interest = 1066.21

Yet another countdown begins!

;) nn

Received following letter today:

Dear Mrs XXXXXX

Our Reference: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for your recent letter regarding the charges, which have been applied to the above numbered account.

As per the terms and conditions of your original agreement, which you signed to confirm you had read, understood and agreed to be bound by, a late payment charge of £25.00 will be applied to your account on each occasion that the minimum payment is not received by the due date shown on the statement. Likewise anytime your account exceeds the agreed credit limit a £25.00 charge will also be applied to your account.

After assessing the OFT findings our charges will be reduced as from 1st August 2006.

In view of the above, I regret to advise I am unable to refund the charges in question as they were applied to your account as per your original agreement.

I trust this clarifies the situation, Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our call centre on the above number.

Yours sincerely

Paula Lindsay Customer Services

Now, do I wait till the original 14 days is up or file today?

;) nn

NN,

I would wait until the 14 days is up, a few others have asked the Question, and it seems like the advice is keep to the timescale originally set so that if you go to court, the judge can see that you have applied reasonable times to the Bank and they cannot argue that you haven't been reasonable. I would wait but it's up to you!;)

Big Col:p

RBS LBA 20/06/06. WON - 21/10/06

MBNA(1)-Start-20/06/06, Claim-£250, 15/8 - Winner!!

MBNA Virgin(2)-Start-20/06/06, Claim £100, 15/8 - Winner!!

BoS MCard Data Protection Act Sent 20/06/06 - WON 16/10/06

Green On!

If the post/advice helps, pse click on the scales!! :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

Advice taken.

Claim filed online today.

;) nn

Claim issued 28th July and deemed to be served on 2nd August.

BoS Mastercard have until 16th to reply. That's my wedding anniversary - I wonder if they'll send me a prezzie? LOL :rolleyes:

;) nn

• 2 weeks later...

Got my reply from them. They are threatening to put a legal charge on my current home if I don't pay them the full outstanding balance or agree a payment plan. Talk about heavy handed!

In the meantime they have acknowledged my claim online.

;) nn

hi NN

I'm pretty sure that as the account is in dispute they can't do anything legal as yet. Would the refund cover the bill or most of it? I would ask for help from someone who knows better.

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Curiouser and curiouser!

Apparently HBOS have sold my account to MBNA and it is them who are threatening to make the legal charge on my home!!!!

;) nn

I think I have just won.

A lady from MBNA phoned yesterday and she knew nothing about the court case. I filled her in and E-mailed copies of my documentation. She just phoned me back and told me MBNA will refund all my charges, pay my interest and freeze the outstanding balance (no more interest)!:lol:

;) nn

Thank you Bookworm. I love your smileys!

;) nn

• 3 weeks later...

:confused: :confused: :confused: I am really really confused now.:confused: :confused: :confused:

MBNA took over my CC account and we have agreed settlement terms as detailed above in the thread (and in my signature). I have already made 2 monthly payments to them as agreed at the time of settlement.

However, in the meantime, BoS have offered me 1186.21 and they have arranged to have this refunded to my credit card account. I have not agreed to accept this but they did it anyway. It comprises 750 in charges, 316.21 interest and my 120 court fee. They have consequently entered a defence because they no longer want to pay the S69 interest which I suppose is fair enough.

WHAT ON EARTH DO I DO NOW?

;) nn

this may be a misunderstanding on my part but does this mean you are being paid out twice for the same claim?

bos~ Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1766.82

~ prelim letter sent 30/08/2006:D

~lba handed in 14/09/2006

bos Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1217.86

court date issued of the 17th november

27th oct full offer totalling everything including 8% interest court costs and £10 dpa sar..... one down next to go.

rbs~ Data Protection Act sent off 21/09/2006:mad:

In theory, yes but I no longer have the card and MBNA hold the account. I cannot see where BoS are going to refund the money to.

I think it is just a lack of communication and it might just balance the books better for BoS.

;) nn

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like I may be getting it back twice! Watch this space!

;) nn

ok so if mbna now hold the card account in theory the bank could still refund to this as they will have the account details. lmao they show thier incompetance at every turn dont they? let me know how this goes as it has made me laugh.

bos~ Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1766.82

bos Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1217.86

court date issued of the 17th november

27th oct full offer totalling everything including 8% interest court costs and £10 dpa sar..... one down next to go.

rbs~ Data Protection Act sent off 21/09/2006:mad:

Just been refunded by HBOS!!!!! Details to follow.

;) nn