Ex Employer Pension Scheme

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6042 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Can anyone help with some advice?

I have a final salary pension with an ex employer that was lets say very poor at communication when I worked there, now it's even worse.

I have not had an annual pension statement from them, and I have learned that 2 of the Trustee's no longer work at the company. I have contacted the manager of the department where I used to work by e-mail. He very quickly notified me that my query would be passed on and advised that I would be contacted.(Approx 9 weeks ago)

As yet I have heard nothing. This was not unexpected. I attempted to contact the Broker from the last information letter I received 2 yrs ago, but all I got in return was that the broker no longer existed and I should direct my enquiry direct to my ex employer. I have details of my pension scheme provider (AxA) and the number of my policy.

What are their legal obligations to me? Should I receive an annual statement? (I get statements from other pensions I have) Should I have been notified of any trustee changes within a certain timescale? Lastly, Can I complain to the FSA about their mis-management of the fund?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

ColinGB20 & Wife.

Don't let the B**tards wear you down !!

If in doubt, deny it.

Comments below

What are their legal obligations to me? Should I receive an annual statement? (I get statements from other pensions I have)

Yes you should providing they have your latest address on their records.

Should I have been notified of any trustee changes within a certain timescale?

If you are also a shareholder entitled to vote then yes, otherwise it is only common coutesy.

Lastly, Can I complain to the FSA about their mis-management of the fund?

Of the full fund investment yes but not the actual administration, eg no annual statements.

Thanks for the advice. I have contacted my previous employer again to offer them the chance to give me the information I need. They also still have my current address on file, inc my telephone, so my details are upto date.

If I have no Joy then I will contact AXA direct to see if they can help.

Thanks again aktiv.

ColinGB20 & Wife.

Don't let the B**tards wear you down !!

If in doubt, deny it.