had enough now

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6057 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

working a shft pattern every other evening, the 2-10 shift got made redundant. The company knew this was happening but failed to tell me - i had to call and ask what was happening.

I knew that meant i couldnt do the hours anymore but got told on the friday that the 2-10 shift finished i could work later in evening when night shift started the following monday.

anyway did the shift last week was o.k - except i really haven't enjoyed the job i work with a M.C.P and am only female, basically get left to it.

I get paid by the hour monthly, and have never signed a contract nor been written to, to advise change of hours.

Him indoors doesn't want me to go back and i'm happy not to - can they do anything if i don't go back in?

How long have you worked for the company? it is a legal requirement for you to be issued with a contract of employment within 3 months of starting. The contract should state (at least) your hours of work, rate of pay and location of workplace, and any change to those terms and conditions should be by consultation and reasonable notice for change.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

hi

started on 3rd june this year so almost 4 months

in fact they've kept calling today asking me if i going in - had to say yes because not sure how stand with notice etc.

tthe chaps doing 2-10 shift had 1 months notice but i actually called on the wed before their last day to see what was happening - i was notified on the friday evening as the new shift started on the monday. i've only been working the new shift past week and i did agree to it initally because at time didn't know what the eck was going on.

been belittled this past week by new manager and just feel aint worth it because dont have to do it .

if i have to give notice fair enough but they failed to help me when i didn't know what was going on .

i've never had anything in writing with regard to hours pay etc

I think before you do anything else, you need to ask for a copy of your contract of employment as you should have received it within 3 months of starting. What kind of business is it you are working in (you don't need to give the name, just what sort of business it is).

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

It's not a legal right to have a contract of employment, however, it IS a legal right to have a "written statement of employment particulars" in most cases they are the same thing, but there are be differences, so please bear this in mind. A contract of employment can be verbal.

The minimum that you must have is the following:

• pay
  • hours of work
  • holiday entitlement
  • sick pay arrangements
  • notice periods
  • information about disciplinary and grievance procedures

This is a legal requirement within the first TWO months of work.

HTH

JJS

First thing you need to do is get your employment paticulars then!

Not really. The employers have already surpassed the two month period of providing the employment particulars. I'd use this as ammunition in an ET claim.

What is it you're needing to know, your notice period?

As no employment particulars were given the OP need only give a statutory weeks notice

The OP does have a contract as it was enacted when accepting the job. Therefore, use that basis for your own good and not your employers.

ie, the OP agreed to work 2-10 and that is the only contracted hours that are valid.