HMV (for a friend)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6061 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My friend is a student over here from Ireland. She started working in HMV and worked there for 3 months part time before going back home for summer. For some reason they never managed to get her UK national insurance number sorted and she was paid for 2 months out of the petty cash, she has pay slips for these two months. HMV are now messing her around and not paying her for the third month, she's spoke to the management at the store who employed her and they're not being helpful at all. She has proof that she worked the shifts and that she's owed money so what can she do to get it back?

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)

Sounds like a case for a Letter Before Action to recover what she is entitled to. It would be worth sending this straight to the Payroll department at HMV as the implications for them as a company could be quite embarrassing - it sounds as though they have effectively paid cash in hand without any regerence to taxation procedures (you don't mention whether she received a payslip). The branch may also have breached Home Office regs on entitlement to work checks on engagement and it would therefore be in their interests to resolve this quickly before too many questions are asked.

Compose a factual letter stating the period of employment, the fact that money was paid from petty cash with no wage slip (if true) and that there is still an amount of £xx due for the period xx to xx which you expect to be paid within xx time or will be seeking action through the Court system to recover what she is owed.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

She has payslips for the 2 months she was paid but I can't see how she could possibly got taxed or national insurance deducted from her pay as she's not got a NI number :confused:

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)