The way to eventually get a job that you want.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6038 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Since leaving my bar job of two years and four months (whilst I was doing a two year college course, city & guilds level 3 ICT systems support) I spent two agonising months of being out of work. My reason for leaving was down to another job opportunity to be a chauffer for a taxi company. I had never done anything like this before and was thrown on entirely into the deep end. I made a couple of mistakes and after 5 days, I was given the boot. Next, I did the unthinkable and started working for safestyle (the second window comapny I have worked for). My conscience just cannot handle pressurising prospective customers into being customers. So my suggestion would be to go where your heart is, think positively about something you want, and eventually it will come. I tried my hand at a bit of landscape gardenning and got ripped off come payday, so I give that one the boot. All the time I was doing odd jobs I was job hunting and had not signed on for a month and a half. Money was running out and I decided to sign-on.

For all the jobs I have applied for, nine times out of ten in the job description, it will say experience required. I was coming to end of my tether, then someone suggested to me that I go and do some voluntary work for a IT company. This is what I did, I did a month with a company based in my area which got me a little experience that I could put down on my CV. A couple of weeks later, I got a job with a reputable company.

So, NEVER give up, try and use as many resources as possible such as, the jobseekers either on the internet or where you go to sign on. Read the local papers, register with as many agencies as possible (with each agency not knowing that you have signed up with more than one). Keep CV updated, there is help from the job centre, and also there are job websites where one can upload their CV for employers looking for the right person. If you're not computer literate, then get help from somebody. I hope this is an uplift for those seeking what they want to do. Above all, be happy and think happy thoughts (like 'Bottom' with Adrian Edmondson and Rick Mayall)

You're absolutely right, sometimes you don't know where you really need to be until you've tried all other avenues. It's the old saying - you don't know you're unhappy until something else makes you happier!!

Well done for finding your goal - I wish you luck.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.